Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3037321

Subject: "New Release Friday 2022-04-01" Previous topic | Next topic
thebigfunk
Charter member
10465 posts
Fri Apr-01-22 09:28 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"New Release Friday 2022-04-01"

Wow, it's April -- how did that happen?

Not a lot catching my eye at first glance, but what's everyone looking for?

The only thing I knew was dropping was Petestrumentals 4. Good weekend soundtrack.

If nothing's calling you, what's everyone got in rotation right now?

-thebigfunk

~ i could still snort you under the table ~

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Stuff I'm listening to...
Apr 01st 2022
kaelin ellis - THE FUNK WILL PREVAIL
Apr 04th 2022

Marbles
Member since Oct 19th 2004
22289 posts
Fri Apr-01-22 12:49 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Stuff I'm listening to..."
In response to Reply # 0

Nothing new caught my eye today.

I still am playing the hell out of "Texas Moon" by Khruangbin & Leon Bridges. It's my favorite project in a very long time. I find my self letting it ride on repeat over long stretches of time.

I'm only a few listens into Benny's "Tana Talk 4." And god help me, I've actually given multiple spins to Westside's "HMH: Sincerely Adolph."

I've gone back to Phife's "Forever" several times. I really enjoy listening to it.

I think I've only gotten thru Lucky Daye's "Candy Drip" once. I liked it on 1st listen but just haven't been able to get back to it. I still play "Table for Two" though.

Speaking of "Table For Two," that album got me to check out Yebba's album "Dawn." It's solid.

I've been listening to "Snoh Alalehra's "Ugh, Those Feels Again." She's gonna be here next week and I'm debating on whether I should go or not. It's on the same day as John Mayer (who has Yebba opening for him).

My boy just put me on to LaRusell. I've only peeped "Field Effect 2" and it wasn't what I was expecting at all. It was raw, real and thoughtful.

I love Joell Ortiz but the album with Kxng Crooked didn't knock me out. It was alright but it just didn't grab me.

In the past week, I've also thrown on Dinner Party, Silk Sonic, The Weeknd and the last DMX album.

thebigfunk
Charter member
10465 posts
Mon Apr-04-22 08:59 AM

2. "kaelin ellis - THE FUNK WILL PREVAIL"
In response to Reply # 0

https://kaelinellis.bandcamp.com/album/the-funk-will-prevail

Pretty dope mostly-instrumental project, short but seamless with every track moving smoothly into the next. Not quite the same but if you like Tall Black Guy and/or DJ Harrison, you'd probably dig it. I thought it was a good listen and will keep it in rotation for a while.

I think the only thing I'd checked out from him before was the very short MOMENTS ep and the project he did with Lupe. He's a name I'll be watching for sure.

-thebigfunk

~ i could still snort you under the table ~

Lobby The Lesson topic #3037321 Previous topic | Next topic