Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3036203

Subject: "will "Summer Of Soul" blu-ray have extra footage?" Previous topic | Next topic
Voodoochilde
Charter member
3438 posts
Thu Jan-06-22 08:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"will "Summer Of Soul" blu-ray have extra footage?"

not sure if there's a release date yet for the "Summer Of Soul" blu-ray, (i've heard rumors of maybe Feb 2022??)...but, regardless of when it becomes available, does anyone know if the Blu-ray will include even more extra performance footage that wasn't included in the theatrical release?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
haven't heard anything
Jan 06th 2022
yeah, Amazing Grace was great as well...
Jan 07th 2022
soundtrack expected next week (link)...
Jan 22nd 2022
This may come across as simple but.
Jan 23rd 2022

thebigfunk
Charter member
10466 posts
Thu Jan-06-22 10:26 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "haven't heard anything"
In response to Reply # 0

BUT

it does look like they may be finally releasing a soundtrack -- one of the Sly performances from it showed up in my Spotify feed a few weeks ago.

Would love some extra musical footage for sure but I'll probably grab it no matter what, if/when it drops. I need to go back and get that Amazing Grace concert film, too.

-thebigfunk

~ i could still snort you under the table ~

Voodoochilde
Charter member
3438 posts
Fri Jan-07-22 06:21 AM

2. "yeah, Amazing Grace was great as well..."
In response to Reply # 1

'Amazing Grace' was a 'keeper' too....
truth be told, i'll likely grab both on blu-ray regardless (just cuz i still prefer to own 'physical' media of my 'most favorite' musical/movie things, a fact which perplexes some of my younger siblings lol

but yeah, i know there was a ton of footage available, so im hoping they add some extra stuff on the blu that they couldn't fit in the final cut. (lol, it'll also give me at least a little bit of validation that i can use to say to my sibs: "see...THIS is why i buy the physical stuff, check out THESE rare clips that're only available here on the special edition disc!")

Voodoochilde
Charter member
3438 posts
Sat Jan-22-22 11:43 PM

3. "soundtrack expected next week (link)..."
In response to Reply # 1

https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=Summer+Of+Soul+%28...Or%2C+When+The+Revolution+Could+Not+Be+Televised%29+Soundtrack&crid=162CDLZLHECX8&sprefix=summer+of+soul+...or%2C+when+the+revolution+could+not+be+televised+soundtrack%2Caps%2C111&ref=nb_sb_noss

phemom
Member since Oct 22nd 2004
5129 posts
Sun Jan-23-22 02:17 AM

4. "This may come across as simple but."
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Jan-23-22 02:18 AM by phemom

Whole sets from the festival would be dope.

I don't even buy films (I go to the movie theatre A LOT) but if there's whole sets I'm coppin.

phemom's the name, all-star writer/
searching 4 journalistic fame, mindframe igniter....www.twitter.com/hayabusaage

Lobby The Lesson topic #3036203 Previous topic | Next topic