Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3035800

Subject: "Attending concerts in a COVID landscape: what say you?" Previous topic | Next topic
Numba_33
Charter member
19328 posts
Wed Dec-08-21 10:20 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Attending concerts in a COVID landscape: what say you?"

The main crux of why I'm making this post is because Hiatus Kiayote is planning to hold a show in Brooklyn next March. I have no clue 1) if Hiatus Kiayote will actually be able to enter to US to perform and more importantly 2) how rampant COVID will be 3 or so months from now. Assuming the best and that they'll hold the concert, I'm heavily leaning on not attending the show out of fear from catching COVID. From what I gather, the venue is in a closed room, which seriously freaks me the hell out. As much as I like the band and I understand concerts are important for them paying the bills, I just can't shake the fear of contracting COVID for being entertained for 2 or 3 hours.

I'm curious if folks here have started to attend concerts in recent months, how hard the decision was the attend, and more importantly, what the experience was like.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: I've actually Sold Out 3 Shows During This Time
Dec 08th 2021
I've been to 3 shows this year...
Dec 08th 2021
I've never liked large festivals.
Dec 08th 2021
Went to one a few weeks ago. Got another tomorrow.
Dec 08th 2021
been to two over the last few months.
Dec 08th 2021
Went to 3 chambers at Terminal 5 a couple of weeks ago
Dec 08th 2021
I haven't gone to a music concert but I just saw a comedy show...
Dec 08th 2021
Been to a couple this year
Dec 08th 2021
saw Ghost/Rae/GZA in doors.
Dec 09th 2021
Saw 2 at The Eastern here in ATL. Must show Vac Card for entry
Dec 16th 2021
Thats where I saw Thundercat, was stunned at the size of the place
Dec 29th 2021
No. Google Omicron. Then stay home.
Dec 18th 2021
Pretty wild how fast things can change.
Dec 20th 2021
smoking grooves
Dec 18th 2021
Crumb, Jeff and Rakim and Thundercat
Dec 20th 2021
I was out in the world this fall
Dec 30th 2021
Pretty wild how fast things can change in three months.
Mar 09th 2022
I've got a few concerts coming up and feeling OK about them
Mar 09th 2022
I just bought freddie gibbs tickets for my friends and I
Mar 09th 2022
I went to the show yesterday.
Mar 14th 2022
HOB Chicago
Mar 15th 2022
During the Soulquarian era...
Jul 19th 2022
Have folks changed their concert going habits?
Jul 19th 2022
RE: we’re going to that same show from the sound of it
Jul 19th 2022
RE: we’re going to that same show from the sound of it
Aug 22nd 2022
I'm actually thinking of going to this too
Jul 19th 2022
I've been going again.
Jul 20th 2022
Very happy I bought my VIP tickets
Aug 12th 2022
Anyone catalog shows they go to in a list or have any type of collection...
Jul 26th 2022
That's such a me thing to do but nah
Jul 26th 2022
RE: That's such a me thing to do but nah
Jul 26th 2022
RE: Anyone catalog shows they go to in a list or have any type of collec...
Aug 17th 2022
RE: Attending concerts in a COVID landscape: what say you?
Aug 01st 2022
How were those RTG/RATM shows?
Aug 12th 2022
      RE: How were those RTG/RATM shows?
Aug 12th 2022

Thee Phantom
Member since Jul 18th 2005
2774 posts
Wed Dec-08-21 10:26 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "RE: I've actually Sold Out 3 Shows During This Time"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Dec-08-21 10:27 AM by Thee Phantom

They've all been in Concert Hall settings with a 500 to 800 seat capacity. For the most part, people have remained masked and one of the venues had/has a vaccination card mandate, which may help ease some concerns.

There have been no reported or known upticks in cases as a result.

I would check the venue's stance on Covid protocols.

IG: @illharmonic.orchestra
Youtube: www.youtube.com/theephantom

Marbles
Member since Oct 19th 2004
22286 posts
Wed Dec-08-21 10:46 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I've been to 3 shows this year..."
In response to Reply # 0

1. A show at an outdoor amphitheater in August
2. A 3 day outdoor music festival in October (this may count as more than 1 show, I don't know)
3. A show at an indoor small venue in November

There were people with masks at all 3 spots but the first show (in August) had a lot more masks. There were some but not many at the last show.

I was vaxed before attending all 3. I feel pretty secure having been vaxed so I didn't stress out about going. But to each his own. If you don't feel comfortable going, I get it.

LeroyBumpkin
Charter member
36963 posts
Wed Dec-08-21 11:57 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "I've never liked large festivals."
In response to Reply # 0

Definitely not trying to do that with COVID or after the Astroworld fiasco.

If I do do a show, I need to be back by the sound person,
and definitely away from people. Not sure I could do a small small
venue, but I'd be open to something like HOB.

https://digife.com

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44713 posts
Wed Dec-08-21 01:28 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "Went to one a few weeks ago. Got another tomorrow."
In response to Reply # 0

Both are in a small-ish club. But masks and vaccination proof are required. And everyone sits at a table, so there's no one being packed in.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

thebigfunk
Charter member
10465 posts
Wed Dec-08-21 02:06 PM

5. "been to two over the last few months."
In response to Reply # 0

Both were in small to mid-sized concert halls and were seated tickets. One required proof of vaccination and was a bit light in terms of sales/attendance so there was plenty of room to move around. The other was more packed and less comfortable, but we found some seats away from others once the show got going and everyone found their spot.

Post-COVID I'm trying to see more live music because it's something I've really missed, even though I've never been a huge concert-goer and I'm further away from cities with interesting acts. But I'm definitely taking it slow. This spring there are already a number of acts coming through that I'm hoping to check but have decisions to make. Like L'Imperatrice or Valerie June will be at small to mid-sized venues so I think I'll be ok with that, but Maxwell's in more of an arena setting -- I'm just not sure I'm up for that. (I'm uncomfortable in large crowds so I might not have done it pre-COVID, either...)

All of that is to say, I'm hoping to start seeing more but am also taking it one step at a time.

Kind of surprised Hiatus are coming all this way to the states but only doing two shows? Bummer.

-thebigfunk

~ i could still snort you under the table ~

bentagain
Member since Mar 19th 2008
16595 posts
Wed Dec-08-21 04:23 PM

6. "Went to 3 chambers at Terminal 5 a couple of weeks ago"
In response to Reply # 0

NYC is not F’n around
Proof of vaccine to enter…and they are checking
So get there early because it slows down entry
It was my first pandemic show…and I didn’t have any issues
Terminal 5 has enough space to get away from people though
First floor was packed front to back
Upstairs…plenty of room

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't understand it without an explanation

you can't understand it with an explanation

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8747 posts
Wed Dec-08-21 07:45 PM

7. "I haven't gone to a music concert but I just saw a comedy show..."
In response to Reply # 0

I just saw a comedy show at The Forum out here in LA.

I'm pretty cautious concerning COVID - always masked up, even when outdoors, try to keep distance from people, just got my booster. So, when my sister suggested we go, I was a little hesitant.

But I felt relatively safe at the show. The security checked for a vaccination record from everyone there, and people had to wear masks, except during eating, which everyone around my family and I did.

I guess it was a little dicey because you have 10K people expelling warm droplets for two hours. But I'm fine now and didn't feel very nervous while in the venue because everyone also followed the rules.

I don't know if I would sit in a mosh pit with COVID still on the loose, but I think as long as you mask up, are going to a show with a bit of older demographic, and live in an area where people are conscientious about following the protocols, you should be fine.

<--- Me when my head hits the pillow

Ishwip
Member since Jun 10th 2005
19953 posts
Wed Dec-08-21 07:56 PM

8. "Been to a couple this year"
In response to Reply # 0

Tame Impala, Conway the Machine, 3 Chambers tour, EWF, and 3 others with my wife from her side of the musical spectrum. All required proof of vac or negative COVID test (we’re both vaccinated).

Venues range from small to large, indoor and outdoor.

I mean, I went to all enthusiastically and have more coming but I do think about the risk. I’m more aware of a lot of people breathing and talking/yelling/singing in close proximity but I’m still going. I wore my mask to all.
__
I don't like the beat anymore because its just a loop. ALC didn't FLIP IT ENOUGH!

Flip it enough? Flip these. Flip off. Go flip some f*cking burgers.(c)Kno

Allied State of the National Electric Beat Treaty Organization (NEBTO)

blackfoot_female
Member since Jul 15th 2002
967 posts
Thu Dec-09-21 12:06 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "saw Ghost/Rae/GZA in doors."
In response to Reply # 0

I tried to keep some room between me and everyone else, and I was only one of about 20% masked up indoors, but I had no issues.

only other show i went to was outdoors at the hollywood bowl.

get the booster if you're worried, mask up good, and stand in the back of the room.

p.s. I'm seeing Hiatus at Smokin' Grooves and the Oakland show they announced.

ne_atl
Charter member
18873 posts
Thu Dec-16-21 04:45 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
10. "Saw 2 at The Eastern here in ATL. Must show Vac Card for entry"
In response to Reply # 0

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Wed Dec-29-21 09:15 PM

15. "Thats where I saw Thundercat, was stunned at the size of the place"
In response to Reply # 10

And in turn the amount of people. Felt like "uhhhh....eeewwwww" and stayed in the back

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

#2dopebrothersandastackofwax

https://www.instagram.com/bobgeorge87

https://www.instagram.com/thirtythree.three/

spirit
Charter member
21432 posts
Sat Dec-18-21 07:13 AM

11. "No. Google Omicron. Then stay home. "
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Dec-18-21 07:18 AM by spirit

Theoretically pre-Omicron if everyone was vaxxed and masked, your odds were decent enough, but people pull down masks to drink (and smoke weed for the brazen types) so the idea of standing in a pre COVID concert crowd post Omicron is bonkers. Even outdoors you’re relying on the mask discipline of complete strangers. A lot of whom could be asymptomatic but recently infected. A no for me. Be safe tho

Peace,

Spirit (Alan)
http://wutangbook.com

Numba_33
Charter member
19328 posts
Mon Dec-20-21 10:33 AM

14. "Pretty wild how fast things can change."
In response to Reply # 11
Mon Dec-20-21 10:49 AM by Numba_33

A few hours after making this post, I ended up buying a ticket; mainly because I didn't want to miss out on one of the rare non-weekday times Hiatus Kaiyote would touch down in NYC. If memory serves me correct, on 12/08/2021, Omnicron wasn't public knowledge. In addition, the March 2022 show I bought the tickets for is now sold out.

A week and change later, I'd be surprised if the show actually goes on. Omnicron is spreading pretty badly throughout NYC and if I'm not mistaken, Omnicron was only detected here a little over two weeks ago.

I wonder if the venue/band will honor refunds if the city shuts down.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

Crash Bandacoot
Member since May 13th 2003
10118 posts
Sat Dec-18-21 10:39 AM

12. "smoking grooves"
In response to Reply # 0

i wanted to go but, too many unknowns with the virus/variants. i like
chill spots, not potentially crowded ones nowadays.

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Mon Dec-20-21 10:15 AM

13. "Crumb, Jeff and Rakim and Thundercat"
In response to Reply # 0

All three were in smallish venues. Had to show proof of vax.

Crumb-pretty crowded, I played the back-back of the venue. Felt pretty safe.

Jeff and Rakim-not that crowded, was able to find space on the floor and felt safe.

Thundercat-bigger venue. Sold out show. Still played the back but definitely felt alot more "ewwww"

I've got tickets to Corinne Bailey Rae, Flaming Lips and Freddie Gibbs. I have no problem not going to any of these if/when things get worse outside.

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

#2dopebrothersandastackofwax

https://www.instagram.com/bobgeorge87

https://www.instagram.com/thirtythree.three/

Hitokiri
Charter member
22103 posts
Thu Dec-30-21 03:32 PM

16. "I was out in the world this fall"
In response to Reply # 0

I got vaxxed early and was ready for concerts to come back. Saw more shows than anyone I know. From September to December I saw:

Durand Jones & The Indications
Isaiah Rashad
James Blake
Leon Bridges
Erykah Badu
Adeline (opening for Jungle)
Malia (opening for JMSN)
Kirby (opening for Pink Sweats)
Giveon (traveled out of state for this one)

And it was fascinating. The Durand Jones show (required proof of vax + mask if you weren't actively drinking) was an older crowd, but pretty clearly a crowd of people who hadn't been out in forever cuz they ain't no how the fuck to act. As an older (35-60ish y/o), more mature crowd, people kept their masks on. But there were like 3-4 people I watched get dragged off the floor because they were too drunk to stand.

Isaiah Rashad was a way different experience. Much, much younger crowd. Proof of vax required but not masks. I only saw a handful of other people in the crowd that were wearing them. People were smoking, but not just vape pens, whole ass blunts were coming out. But no one was fucked up like the DJ show.

James Blake, again was an older crowd than Isaiah but not as old as DJ. Required proof of vax, not sure about masks, but most folks were wearing them. It was at a theater, so it was mostly seated.

After that though, masks became rarer but there were still folks wearing them. My city, in the fall, was like 80% vaxxed, so I think people were feeling comfortable. Badu, though, was by far the biggest show I went to and the only one that didn't require proof of vax OR a mask. I was actually, surprised because every other show I had been to, or went to after required that and they didn't ask for shit after you walked thru security. I believe that venue leaves it to the artists discretion vs the other venues that all required it. So Erykah gets big side eye for that one. I got boosted shortly after that show.

Saw Giveon in early Dec, like a week after omicron had been announced, so we didn't know much about it. The venue in Texas, had a vax policy but not a mask one. I might have seen 1 or 2 masks in the whole joint. But through it all I remained covid-free (and tested regularly). I have tickets to see Christian Kuria in New York at the end of January and I don't have plane tickets yet. I'm hoping things in New York calm down soon, but I'm kinda expecting my trip as well as the show to be canceled at this point.

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

Numba_33
Charter member
19328 posts
Wed Mar-09-22 09:13 AM

17. "Pretty wild how fast things can change in three months."
In response to Reply # 0

Thankfully the Omicron wave is lowering and it seems as if going to events isn't has dangerous as it was late last year and even earlier this year.

I think when I initially put this thread up, Omicron did rear it's ugly head until a week after I put the post up.

I make this response more relevant to this thread, I did end up purchasing the tickets to the Hiatus Kaiyote show I mentioned in the original post and I still plan to attend the event. I'll try to play the wall as best as I can and will mask up as well out of complete caution. I believe both NYC shows the band is putting on are both sold out, so I am somewhat leery how crowded the venue will be.

wrecknoble
Member since Mar 15th 2005
2276 posts
Wed Mar-09-22 10:28 AM

18. "I've got a few concerts coming up and feeling OK about them"
In response to Reply # 0

the first is Tyler the Creator this Friday - that's a stadium show

and then I have Men I Trust at a theater-style venue at the end of the month

definitely feeling more comfortable with buying tickets this year than the past two

---

Frisson Radio | Saturdays 6-8 PM EST | 89.5 FM (Toronto) | www.ciut.fm
https://www.instagram.com/frissonradio

guru0509
Charter member
45342 posts
Wed Mar-09-22 11:44 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
19. "I just bought freddie gibbs tickets for my friends and I"
In response to Reply # 0

first concert in 2 years...feels so weird

>The main crux of why I'm making this post is because Hiatus
>Kiayote is planning to hold a show in Brooklyn next March. I
>have no clue 1) if Hiatus Kiayote will actually be able to
>enter to US to perform and more importantly 2) how rampant
>COVID will be 3 or so months from now. Assuming the best and
>that they'll hold the concert, I'm heavily leaning on not
>attending the show out of fear from catching COVID. From what
>I gather, the venue is in a closed room, which seriously
>freaks me the hell out. As much as I like the band and I
>understand concerts are important for them paying the bills, I
>just can't shake the fear of contracting COVID for being
>entertained for 2 or 3 hours.
>
>I'm curious if folks here have started to attend concerts in
>recent months, how hard the decision was the attend, and more
>importantly, what the experience was like.

-------------------
I wanna go to where the martyrs went
the brown figures on the walls of my apart-a-ment...

Numba_33
Charter member
19328 posts
Mon Mar-14-22 08:33 AM

20. "I went to the show yesterday."
In response to Reply # 0

While I was disappointed the venue didn't check for vaccinations, I shouldn't be surprised since the NYC did away with the whole Key to the City mandate that forced businesses to check for vaccination records.

The venue was pretty packed too since the show was sold out, but I was still glad I went since there were so many possible factors that could have led to the show not going down.

Pretty remarkable just how talented of a band Hiatus Kaiyote is. I hope I am fortunate to see them live again when they release the new album. I kind of regret not seeing Nai Palm when she toured for her Needle Paw album years back.

thebigfunk
Charter member
10465 posts
Tue Mar-15-22 09:06 AM

21. "HOB Chicago"
In response to Reply # 0

Anyone been to HOB Chicago? Surprisingly never went while I lived there --- looking at L'Imperatrice there in April but wondering how crowded it tends to get? Not so much worried about COVID but tend to avoid *super* packed places on principle, especially if it's open floor/no seating.

But one thing I feel I learned from COVID is how much I took for granted being able to go to shows *and* how rarely I'd been doing it, for all sorts of reasons. So trying to get back out there a little more frequently and worry less, lol, take advantage of the opportunity to be out and see music knowing life doesn't always offer it.

-thebigfunk

~ i could still snort you under the table ~

LeroyBumpkin
Charter member
36963 posts
Tue Jul-19-22 03:30 PM

23. "During the Soulquarian era..."
In response to Reply # 21

...most of the shows I saw were at the Chicago HOB.

I haven't been there probably SINCE then, but I know the spot well.
I don't know what the crowd will pull, but the main floor is usually standing.
Then around the edges is a slightly elevated bar area which also standing.

They may have changed it since then, or added seats in some cases,
but if it's crowded....eh.

good luck.

https://digife.com

Numba_33
Charter member
19328 posts
Tue Jul-19-22 11:47 AM

22. "Have folks changed their concert going habits?"
In response to Reply # 0

I purchased tickets for another Hiatus Kaiyote concert approximately 3-4 weeks ago before the COVID numbers started to tick up. Now I'm somewhat hesitant to go to the show. It is in August, so I suppose I have sometime for COVID numbers to hopefully die down. In addition, the show is outdoors, so that is a huge relief.

I am a huge fan of the band and given they are from an entirely different continent, I have a feeling I'm going to go outside of COVID getting dangerously contagious.

Ishwip
Member since Jun 10th 2005
19953 posts
Tue Jul-19-22 03:36 PM

24. "RE: we’re going to that same show from the sound of it"
In response to Reply # 22

>I purchased tickets for another Hiatus Kaiyote concert
>approximately 3-4 weeks ago before the COVID numbers started
>to tick up. Now I'm somewhat hesitant to go to the show. It is
>in August, so I suppose I have sometime for COVID numbers to
>hopefully die down. In addition, the show is outdoors, so that
>is a huge relief.
>
>I am a huge fan of the band and given they are from an
>entirely different continent, I have a feeling I'm going to go
>outside of COVID getting dangerously contagious.

Los Angeles w/ FlyLo

We’re coming in from Phoenix and for the exact reasons you mentioned, no chance I miss this unless things go nuts. We’re boosted and I don’t mind wearing a mask if necessary. It being outdoors certainly helps, too.
__
I don't like the beat anymore because its just a loop. ALC didn't FLIP IT ENOUGH!

Flip it enough? Flip these. Flip off. Go flip some f*cking burgers.(c)Kno

Allied State of the National Electric Beat Treaty Organization (NEBTO)

Numba_33
Charter member
19328 posts
Mon Aug-22-22 01:52 PM

35. "RE: we’re going to that same show from the sound of it"
In response to Reply # 24

>Los Angeles w/ FlyLo
>
>We’re coming in from Phoenix and for the exact reasons you
>mentioned, no chance I miss this unless things go nuts.
>We’re boosted and I don’t mind wearing a mask if
>necessary. It being outdoors certainly helps, too.

My concert was in Brooklyn, not in LA

Your concert sounds superior to mine and for something you didn't include; orchestral backing. I should probably add some exclamation marks there since that sounds like such a majestic bonus.

Assuming you went to the show, did the orchestra back Hiatus Kaiyote for the entire concert? Overall, how was the show?

I don't know how I'd react if an orchestra back them while they played something wild like Atari or By Fire.

seandammit
Member since May 28th 2003
6522 posts
Tue Jul-19-22 04:09 PM

25. "I'm actually thinking of going to this too "

It's outdoors. That makes me feel better about these type of things.

I've gone to a few shows this year, and if they're in-doors I wear my mask (I might be one of the few people in the building wearing one, but still) and it depends on how I feel for the outside ones (I've done some with and some without).

www.twitter.com/seandammit

dagu
Member since Nov 25th 2005
1650 posts
Wed Jul-20-22 08:49 AM

26. "I've been going again."

I go to a lot of shows (35 in 2017, 33 in 2018, 25 in 2019 and 10 in the first two months and change in 2020). My last one pre-pandemic was Kamasi Washington on 3/11/2020. I still remember the week or two before that show hoping that it wouldn't be canceled (kind of funny to think about where my priorities were at the time in hindsight) and I didn't go to another indoor show until 10/6/2021 (I went to an outdoor festival the week before also). I've been to another 14 since then and will wear a KN-95 if the show is indoors and either that or a cloth mask if it's outdoors.

Next week I have Sharon Van Etten on Monday and Common on Friday.

---------------------

http://www.last.fm/user/dagu85

Numba_33
Charter member
19328 posts
Fri Aug-12-22 08:40 AM

31. "Very happy I bought my VIP tickets"

The Brooklyn Mirage venue allowed for VIP tickets for an extra $40. Very glad I copped one as this allowed me to get further away from the mass of folks I saw when I looked down from the balcony I was on. I suppose being outdoors mitigates some risk from potentially getting anything, but I still get nervous at the prospect of being jammed up with a massive number of people that aren't wearing masks.

Goes without saying the band was spectacular as usual. Glad I was able to show support. I hope they play that venue again when they tour for their new album. The large as hell LED screen the band used was top notch.

dagu
1650 posts
Tue Jul-26-22 04:55 PM

27. "Anyone catalog shows they go to in a list or have any type of collection..."
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Jul-26-22 04:56 PM by dagu

I have an Excel spreadsheet that I use to keep track of everything (290 and counting) and extract statistics from (number of shows by artists, city, venue, year and month of the year).

I collect set lists, posters and ticket stubs also.

---------------------

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Tue Jul-26-22 05:11 PM

28. "That's such a me thing to do but nah"
In response to Reply # 27

Closest thing was keeping my fotos of shows organized in folders.

I kind of wish I did have a list because there are some I'm forgetting about. Like not sure if I saw such and such artist. Especially when it was a show with multiple notable artists.

dagu
1650 posts
Tue Jul-26-22 05:18 PM

29. "RE: That's such a me thing to do but nah"
In response to Reply # 28

I probably started putting the list together when I was already about two-thirds of the way to where I am now with regards to the number of concerts attended. I had to rely on email receipts of purchases and a lot of Googling. Luckily there's also a live concert Google calendar for my city that I could go back and search through that does a pretty good job of listing openers as well. Even then though a few months ago my sister randomly mentioned a show we went to in 2009 that I had completely forgotten about. Definitely took some effort but it was a labor of love.

---------------------

Kosa12
Member since Jul 19th 2006
4988 posts
Wed Aug-17-22 01:16 PM

34. "RE: Anyone catalog shows they go to in a list or have any type of collec..."
In response to Reply # 27

I do - here it is: https://rateyourmusic.com/list/Kosa12/fourth-dimensional-confession-concert-log/

----------
https://93millionmilesabove.blogspot.com/
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Kosa12

bwood
Member since Apr 03rd 2006
8614 posts
Mon Aug-01-22 04:42 PM

30. "RE: Attending concerts in a COVID landscape: what say you?"
In response to Reply # 0

Saw Tame Impala with Junglepussy back in March. Everyone in my group was masked except for one person and we all made it through okay.

Now next week, I'm seeing Rage Against the Machine and Run the Jewels twice in a week at MSG. Will be masked for that as well.

------------------------------------------
America from 9:00 on: https://youtu.be/GUwLCQU10KQ

Numba_33
Charter member
19328 posts
Fri Aug-12-22 09:00 AM

32. "How were those RTG/RATM shows?"
In response to Reply # 30

It's been years now since I saw RTG live, but I remember them having great chemistry. I'm imaging that did the RTG song that had Zach De La Rocha on it, which I imagine is pretty cool to see live. Did they bring out Despot to do Tougher Colder Killer?

I'm also guessing it must have been next level to see Tom Morello shred live and in person.

How packed was the venue?

bwood
Member since Apr 03rd 2006
8614 posts
Fri Aug-12-22 07:53 PM

33. "RE: How were those RTG/RATM shows?"
In response to Reply # 32
Fri Aug-12-22 08:12 PM by bwood

>It's been years now since I saw RTG live, but I remember them
>having great chemistry. I'm imaging that did the RTG song that
>had Zach De La Rocha on it, which I imagine is pretty cool to
>see live. Did they bring out Despot to do Tougher Colder
>Killer?

I went Monday night, first night of their 5 night run at MSG.

RTJ killed it as always. They brought out Greg Nice for "ooh la la". My third time seeing them live and they're always great. One of the best hip-hop acts to see live.

>
>I'm also guessing it must have been next level to see Tom
>Morello shred live and in person.
>
>How packed was the venue?

All 5 nights are sold out at MSG. Going again with my brother on the last night on Sunday.

TBH all four of them in RATM are the best at what they do. Zack has more energy and stage presence with a torn Achilles tendon sitting down than most people at 100% full health.

Monday was my 3rd time seeing both acts. Sunday will be my 4th.

------------------------------------------
America from 9:00 on: https://youtu.be/GUwLCQU10KQ

Lobby The Lesson topic #3035800 Previous topic | Next topic