6. "I'ma piggy back off this:" In response to Reply # 3 Tue Jul-20-21 04:02 PM by LeroyBumpkin
People don't have to like the same music you do. Seems simple, but once I realized that I enjoyed music so much more.
It used to be I was playing something, and someone would go, "Ugh. What is THIS?! This is horrible!" And I would feel a way about it. Like it would actually bother me.
Part of me blames the internet, OKP, and The Lesson specifically. I came here and was just enthralled by the discussions of people that loved and appreciated the same music I did. Before the internet, it was hard to connect with those people.
Then I'd step outside in the real world and realized, "Wait, y'all don't like Blackalicious?"
5. "Temptations Sing! (c) Rick James" In response to Reply # 0
- For the longest, I didn't know Rick James was talking about the REAL Temptations who were singing back up on "Super Freak".
Other things I was mad late on:
- Ronnie Laws and Hubert Laws are brothers. - Stevie's Musicquariam was (for the most part) a greatest hits album. I thought it was a regular album. - I had Dres and Mr. Lawnge from Black Sheep mixed up for the longest. - The Funeral by The Clipse. I thought that was a female MC. - I thought Tall Black Guy was from Chicago, not Detroit. - I knew Big Bub from Today was on Mary J. Blige's "Love No Limit Remix", but it wasn't until the Amazon documentary that I knew he was a huge part of the My Life album.
12. "Faking the funk is subliminal diss at dres?" In response to Reply # 0 Thu Jul-22-21 10:32 PM by FunkyBoss
I just finished listening to this fresh era podcast with dres. He said it a had a subliminal diss towards him, he confronted large about it and was about to beat his ass. And he still sounded bitter about it too