Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3033389

Subject: "25th Anniversary Of ‘ATLiens’ - Vinyl Reissue - OKP swipe" Previous topic | Next topic
c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13962 posts
Mon Jul-12-21 04:14 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"25th Anniversary Of ‘ATLiens’ - Vinyl Reissue - OKP swipe"
Mon Jul-12-21 04:14 PM by c71

https://www.okayplayer.com/music/outkast-atliens-25-anniversary-vinyl-reissue.html

Outkast Is Celebrating The 25th Anniversary Of ‘ATLiens’ With Vinyl Reissue

MUSIC

ELIJAH C. WATSON

Elijah Watson serves as Okayplayer's News & Culture Editor.

Outkast is celebrating their second album in a big way.
In honor of the 25th anniversary of their second album ATLiens, Outkast has announced a special vinyl reissue for it.

According to a press release, there will be three different vinyl releases, including ones from Vinyl Me, Please, and Get On Down. The former will be on 2LP Neon Green and Blue Galaxy vinyl, while the latter will be a 4LP set on standard black vinyl that includes the original vocal album and the full-length instrumental album, as well as a glow in the dark 7″ of “Elevators” b/w “ATLiens.”

The Vinyl, Me Please release is available to VMP members, while the Get On Down release can be pre-ordered here.

https://getondown.com/products/atliens-25th-anniversary-edition-4xlp-7

Okayplayer’s Okayshop also has the anniversary vinyl reissue available to purchase here.

https://shop.okayplayer.com/products/outkast-atliens-25th-anniversary-edition-4xlp-vinyl

Originally released back on August 27, 1996, ATLiens debuted at number two on the US Billboard 200 chart, and spawned singles “Elevators (Me & You),” “ATLiens,” and “Jazzy Belle.”

In related news, Andre 3000 just added another role to his acting resume. 3000 has joined the cast of a forthcoming A24 film titled Showing Up, which will be about “a vibrant and sharply funny portrait of an artist on the verge of a career-changing exhibition. As she navigates family, friends and colleagues in the lead-up to her show, the chaos of life becomes the inspiration for great art.”

Aside from the 3000, the cast also includes Hong Chau, Judd Hirsch, Maryann Plunkett, John Magaro, Heather Lawless, Amanda Plummer, Larry Fessenden, James Le Gros, and Michelle William. The film is written by Kelly Reichardt.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Pass.
Jul 13th 2021
There's a few joints they could've added.
Jul 14th 2021
exactly.
Jul 15th 2021
yeah, my reaction too
Jul 15th 2021
I've heard that Get On Down
Jul 13th 2021
I've never had a pressing from them that I truly enjoyed
Jul 13th 2021
      word
Jul 14th 2021
No instrumentals? Not even the 12"s ???
Jul 14th 2021
The 4-LP version has the instrumentals.
Jul 14th 2021
      NICE!! thanks i missed that part.
Jul 15th 2021
They put Rats & Roaches on a throwaway mixtape.
Jul 15th 2021
Damn, I forgot about that one.
Jul 15th 2021

LeroyBumpkin
Charter member
36966 posts
Tue Jul-13-21 01:32 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Pass."
In response to Reply # 0

And ATLiens is my favorite OutKast album.
Eh, maybe not pass. I'm just disappointed by this release.
You telling me there weren't any unreleased joints that didn't make the album? Alternate versions?

https://digife.com

squeeg
Charter member
34484 posts
Wed Jul-14-21 03:17 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "There's a few joints they could've added."
In response to Reply # 1
Wed Jul-14-21 03:18 AM by squeeg

>You telling me there weren't any unreleased joints that didn't
>make the album? Alternate versions?

* Benz or Beamer <New Jersey Drive sdtk>
* Elevators (Me & You) (Crazy "C" Trunk Rattlin' Mix)
* ATLiens (Bad Boy Remix)
* Jazzy Belle (Swift C's Remix)
* Jazzy Belle (Uncensored Album Version)
* Everlasting <Nothing to Lose sdtk>
* In Due Time <Soul Food sdtk>

And that's bare minimum. I'm sure there's shit in the vaults we don't know about.

www.twitter.com/urkelmoedee
www.instagram.com/rapandretrogames
www.albumism.com/search?q=Marcus%20Willis

Return To Zero: A rap radio show hosted by mrhood75 (Spider Jerusalem) and me (UrkelMoeDe

LeroyBumpkin
Charter member
36966 posts
Thu Jul-15-21 09:28 AM

9. "exactly."
In response to Reply # 5

This anniversary would have been a great opportunity to bring attention back to this landmark album.

I've heard/read that Andre (like Stevie Wonder) doesn't like revisiting or showcasing unfinished material.
And I understand that. Still disappointed in this release though.

https://digife.com

thebigfunk
Charter member
10466 posts
Thu Jul-15-21 09:30 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
10. "yeah, my reaction too"
In response to Reply # 1

I might cop to have it on vinyl but just can't figure why they didn't throw any unreleased shit on here, or even just remixes already released.

Also, lots of reissues coming out right now and it's hard to get excited about all of them if they don't have something special on the table. The DYSM release is done right, imo - hoping to grab that before it runs out

-thebigfunk

~ i could still snort you under the table ~

Options
Member since Nov 19th 2009
1013 posts
Tue Jul-13-21 05:27 PM

2. "I've heard that Get On Down"
In response to Reply # 0

has a reputation for spotty vinyl quality control. can anyone confirm?

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Tue Jul-13-21 05:45 PM

3. "I've never had a pressing from them that I truly enjoyed"
In response to Reply # 2

Some have been okay but they usually disappoint. There is hope that they will use the same plates as VMP since VMP has their own version but that is not confirmed. The VMP one is only the standard album on colored vinyl.

The main reason I think VMP might have their own plates is since they are advertising it as mastered at half speed. It could just be that there's an agreement to only let VMP advertise that on their own release even though it would be the same plates for all the releases.

I have never had a VMP pressing I didn't enjoy. I know some have been no better than other releases but they have always been good.

The only reason I'm tempted to get the Get on Down one is for the packaging. Gatefold with the printed inner sleeves would be nice. The 7" is a nice bonus.

I would guess that the quality on this one will be good and the same from all the sellers. Probably the same packaging too. VMP has a small chance of sounding different and will probably only be a standard jacket with their stamp. If I didn't already have a subscription for VMP I might roll the dice on the Get on Down one, a rare exemption.

Options
Member since Nov 19th 2009
1013 posts
Wed Jul-14-21 03:06 AM

4. "word"
In response to Reply # 3

thanx for the info

My_SP1200_Broken_Again
Charter member
57004 posts
Wed Jul-14-21 12:02 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "No instrumentals? Not even the 12"s ???"
In response to Reply # 0

< Live Mixshow - Thurs 11PM/EST >
https://twitch.tv/djchiefone

----Mixtape Archives-----
https://soundcloud.com/djchiefone

squeeg
Charter member
34484 posts
Wed Jul-14-21 02:11 PM

7. "The 4-LP version has the instrumentals."
In response to Reply # 6

My_SP1200_Broken_Again
Charter member
57004 posts
Thu Jul-15-21 09:12 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "NICE!! thanks i missed that part."
In response to Reply # 7

< Live Mixshow - Thurs 11PM/EST >
https://twitch.tv/djchiefone

----Mixtape Archives-----
https://soundcloud.com/djchiefone

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23882 posts
Thu Jul-15-21 11:05 PM

11. "They put Rats & Roaches on a throwaway mixtape."
In response to Reply # 0

But nothing for this. Having music in "the vault" is useless.

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

squeeg
Charter member
34484 posts
Thu Jul-15-21 11:42 PM

12. "Damn, I forgot about that one."
In response to Reply # 11

Lobby The Lesson topic #3033389 Previous topic | Next topic