Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3033360

Subject: "New Release Friday 2021-07-09" Previous topic | Next topic
thebigfunk
Charter member
10465 posts
Fri Jul-09-21 11:34 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"New Release Friday 2021-07-09"

Definitely a decent week but haven't had a lot of time to scour yet. Two releases I know will be of interest to folks:

* Jam and Lewis Vol 1 -- feat all sorts of folks (Sounds of Blackness, Mariah, Mary J Blige, the list goes on... and Morris Day/The Roots?). I think these were unreleased tracks but some of it (on first listen) sounds like some things are recent or re-recorded?

* Charlotte Day Wilson -- this is a pretty anticipated record, she's been dropping singles on and off for a while but I think this is her official debut. Haven't seen the credits but Matthew Tavares (formerly of BadBadNotGood) was working with her for a while and I'm assuming he produced some of this record, which is a good sign.

What else is everyone looking for?

-thebigfunk

~ i could still snort you under the table ~

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Rejjie Snow and IDK are the two mains ones I'm excited about
Jul 09th 2021
IDK - USEE4YOURSELF is powerful
Jul 09th 2021
Bet.
Jul 09th 2021
New Vince Staples is very…chill?
Jul 09th 2021

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Fri Jul-09-21 12:11 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Rejjie Snow and IDK are the two mains ones I'm excited about"
In response to Reply # 0

Both of their last albums were my introduction to them and they really surprised me. They both had unique styles that I liked. Hopefully these aren't let downs. About to start with the Rejjie now.

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Fri Jul-09-21 01:54 PM

3. "IDK - USEE4YOURSELF is powerful"
In response to Reply # 1

IDK outdid himself. This hits even stronger than Is He Real? Trigger Warning for abuse and such.

I'm kind of speechless. Definitely an album I recommend everyone check out. It starts off light enough and some of the features might turn away people that don't like trap but it really is a nice blend of styles sonically and the content is powerful.

The Rejjie Snow was cool, probably don't like it as much as Dear Annie but it was a nice listen. I'd describe it as Tyler lite. I would say worth checking out but not a must.

LeroyBumpkin
Charter member
36963 posts
Fri Jul-09-21 01:12 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Bet."
In response to Reply # 0

>* Charlotte Day Wilson -- this is a pretty anticipated record,
>she's been dropping singles on and off for a while but I think
>this is her official debut. Haven't seen the credits but
>Matthew Tavares (formerly of BadBadNotGood) was working with
>her for a while and I'm assuming he produced some of this
>record, which is a good sign.

Thanks for this. I've always liked the joints she did with BadBadNotGood and Kaytranada.

https://digife.com

shockvalue
Charter member
561 posts
Fri Jul-09-21 03:42 PM

4. "New Vince Staples is very…chill?"
In response to Reply # 0

Sounds like lofi study hiphop in places lol. Think I’m digging it.

Lobby The Lesson topic #3033360 Previous topic | Next topic