Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3032540

Subject: "Time Travellin-What acts do you think would do well in the past and v/v" Previous topic | Next topic
obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8749 posts
Sun May-23-21 08:38 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Time Travellin-What acts do you think would do well in the past and v/v"

I was thinking if some of the mumble rappers went back to the late 90's they may do okay. I mean if Juvie and Mystikal were able to carve a lane some of them could.

I think Kendrick and J Cole and Joey Bad@$$ would do okay in the 90's or even early Aughties. I kind of wonder how popular would be Kendrick would be given how vulnerable he gets about his personal life. Tupac and some of the more hardcore rappers would have the odd song or two on their album about how poverty and trauma devastated them. But I don't think an album about moral conflict and depression would fly back then like it does now.

I wonder what Busta would do if he were to break now as opposed to the early 90's? He was so high energy and leftfield that he would be weird and intense enough to be big.

I think LL would feast if he was a young man now. That he could make songs for the heads and the ladies would put him over the top. Snoop would do really well if he were an up-and-comer now.

But I don't know about Wu-Tang. They would be more underground than legends. If only because of how popular hip hop in 2021 is less grimy than it was in the 90's.

<--- Me when my head hits the pillow

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby The Lesson topic #3032540 Previous topic | Next topic