Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3031774

Subject: "Teejayx6" Previous topic | Next topic
OKdamn
Member since Dec 04th 2010
1314 posts
Mon Apr-12-21 08:43 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Teejayx6"

So.. first time I heard this kid I thought he was the worst rapper on earth

..but his music grew on me because the stuff he says is hilarious..thought I'd share

Reload https://youtu.be/gAkL_A_ZIlc

Gadgets video

https://youtu.be/qYzpe_BLNbw

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Teejay is hilarious. I need more people to check out Babytron as well
Apr 13th 2021
i think you had it right the 1st time..
Apr 13th 2021
: D
Apr 13th 2021
i'm into the one-up-manship of some detroit punch-in scam rappers
Apr 13th 2021
Checked out Babytron
Apr 13th 2021
it's like most regional hip hop in the 2020s
Apr 13th 2021
      Ah ok
Apr 13th 2021
           i like it. it grows the scene organically and keeps it insular
Apr 13th 2021

Nabs
Charter member
11405 posts
Tue Apr-13-21 12:30 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Teejay is hilarious. I need more people to check out Babytron as well"
In response to Reply # 0

Teejayx6 swipe story and the various dark web songs are very entertaining. The track where he raps about scamming his fans who tried to buy merch is too much. I almost bought the t-shirt after that.

Babytron doesn't have a PHD in scamming, but he raps over 80s freestyle dance music samples, and it's strangely entertaining.

My_SP1200_Broken_Again
Charter member
57002 posts
Tue Apr-13-21 03:01 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "i think you had it right the 1st time.."
In response to Reply # 0

OKdamn
1314 posts
Tue Apr-13-21 04:17 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. ": D"
In response to Reply # 2

I know..It's so bad but I'm entertained

bearfield
Member since Mar 10th 2005
8046 posts
Tue Apr-13-21 04:26 PM

4. "i'm into the one-up-manship of some detroit punch-in scam rappers"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Apr-13-21 04:35 PM by bearfield

kasher quon, bfb da packman, lonnie bands and bandgang affiliates, shitty boyz to a lesser extent. maybe drego and beno and their contemporaries. for a while i thought quon was going to have an endless series of tag team punch-in songs like "dynamic duo" where it was just him and another rapper taking turns saying something 6x more wild than the last line

i'm very into the babytron and shitty boyz aesthetic of scam flexes over weird 80s dance beats like nabs mentioned. idk if babytron has a phd in scamming but he does have a line about not looking like a scammer and that being the whole point of his look

OKdamn
1314 posts
Tue Apr-13-21 05:12 PM

5. "Checked out Babytron"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Apr-13-21 05:19 PM by OKdamn

Lmao this shit so stupid that I like it

It sounds like it's the same production

Are they all in the same crew?

Lol..im cracking up tho

bearfield
8046 posts
Tue Apr-13-21 05:36 PM

6. "it's like most regional hip hop in the 2020s"
In response to Reply # 5
Tue Apr-13-21 05:41 PM by bearfield

usually several crews/gangs representing different parts of the city or metro area. almost always willing to work with each other unless there is beef because there is money to be made in collabs. generally several producers making beats for these crews. some will be "in-house" or favor a particular set of artists but more often they want to get their content out so they're not that picky about who they sell their beats to. also there are almost always a few videographers shooting videos for any-and-everyone in the city. this means a lot of crossovers between crews, crew members, producers, and videographers

OKdamn
1314 posts
Tue Apr-13-21 06:44 PM

7. "Ah ok"
In response to Reply # 6

I respect the drive and hustle..

I'm out of touch...these teens and twentysomethings are some whole different shit but it looks like they got views and fans so I ain't gonna hate

bearfield
8046 posts
Tue Apr-13-21 07:04 PM

8. "i like it. it grows the scene organically and keeps it insular"
In response to Reply # 7

endlessly iterating on the same sound template (in detroit this generally means uptempo post-hyphy 808s and driving pianos) means that the "sound" of the city/region becomes more defined and distinguishable. then within this defined sound comes the minor variations on it or legit left turns like the instrumentals shitty boyz/babytron tend to rap over

Lobby The Lesson topic #3031774 Previous topic | Next topic