Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3029790

Subject: "New Pharoahe Monch project, Th1rt3en @ Tiny Desk" Previous topic | Next topic
Castro
Charter member
50749 posts
Mon Jan-18-21 09:55 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"New Pharoahe Monch project, Th1rt3en @ Tiny Desk"
Mon Jan-18-21 10:08 PM by Castro

As usual, he's spitting pure flames....Marcus Machado shredding and Daru Jones on the kit.....Love this project:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUaAOpVvbVY

------------------
One Hundred.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: New Pharoahe Monch project, Th1rt3en @ Tiny Desk
Jan 19th 2021
Geez
Jan 19th 2021
good but needs a bass player - probably would be good to have a
Jan 19th 2021
i guess this can be the album thread too?
Jan 22nd 2021
RE: i guess this can be the album thread too?
Jan 23rd 2021
holy shit this is excellent
Jan 25th 2021
      on my second
Jan 26th 2021

spidey
Charter member
13124 posts
Tue Jan-19-21 12:45 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: New Pharoahe Monch project, Th1rt3en @ Tiny Desk"
In response to Reply # 0

Top 5 all time...stays rippin it...

Integrity is the Cornerstone of Artistry...

stylez dainty
Member since Nov 22nd 2004
6740 posts
Tue Jan-19-21 12:44 PM

2. "Geez"
In response to Reply # 0

I was ready to dismiss it as Monch trying to get his Gnarls Barkley on (I hate it when rappers try to get their Gnarls Barkely on *cough* body baby). But he sounds locked in lyrically.

Also, getting strong Equinox era vibes from his outfit.

----
I check for: Serengeti, Zeroh, Open Mike Eagle, Jeremiah Jae, Moka Only.

c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13962 posts
Tue Jan-19-21 06:40 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "good but needs a bass player - probably would be good to have a "
In response to Reply # 0

keyboard player too.

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Fri Jan-22-21 11:29 AM

4. "i guess this can be the album thread too?"
In response to Reply # 0

just finished my first listen and its pretty great. i dont know if the quality of the songs picked up halfway or i just adjusted to what they were doing. loved the second half. the first half was a mix of good/great. overall i like the range, its not just loud and aggressive.

definitely plan to give it some more spins.

content wise it seems it would have been more fitting to have released before this week but that doesnt really take away from the enjoyment.

Edweasel
Member since Jul 05th 2005
231 posts
Sat Jan-23-21 09:56 PM

5. "RE: i guess this can be the album thread too?"
In response to Reply # 4

My fear was it would be all screaming and thrashing, but it's all balanced much better than I thought. Album is dope.

Stadiq
Member since Dec 21st 2005
4876 posts
Mon Jan-25-21 10:44 PM

6. "holy shit this is excellent"
In response to Reply # 4

I was very skeptical because rap/rock mash ups are just not for me outside of a handful of songs in the universe.

I also didn't love Fight when I heard it. (I enjoyed it much more in the flow of the album)

But this album is fantastic. A few tracks just aren't for me, like The Magician and a couple others.

But this is great. And Monch is spitting.

Now that Thought has *rightfully* been getting more praise/etc...Monch has taken the crown as most underrated rapper to me. Well, him or Blu.

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Tue Jan-26-21 11:14 AM

7. "on my second"
In response to Reply # 6

or 3rd ish listen (ive heard individual songs multiple times) im getting music to be murdered by vibes by eminem but without the bad hooks and overall cornyness lol.

i never would had thought to compare them two but they actually have some similarities.

still enjoying the album, not that theres much out yet but probably my favorite project of the year so far.

Lobby The Lesson topic #3029790 Previous topic | Next topic