Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3027364

Subject: "Can't Knock the Shuffle podcast (Stony Island Audio Network) " Previous topic | Next topic
seandammit
Member since May 28th 2003
6522 posts
Thu Oct-08-20 10:21 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Can't Knock the Shuffle podcast (Stony Island Audio Network) "

As we are now steeped in the hip hop podcast renaissance...

Happy to announce I've launched a new show on Open Mike Eagle's Stony Island Audio network (home of his excellent Prince Paul interview series 'What Had Happened Was'.) The show is called 'Can't Knock the Shuffle' and the first episode premiered this week:

https://t.co/mZTVXWcWk5?amp=1

The concept is simple: Every song has a story, but some get lost in the shuffle. Each week, I sit with some of hip hop's most prolific artists, throw their catalog into a randomized playlist, and what ensues is a discussion about the songs that don't always get talked about.

This week's episode features the homie MURS, and we delve into some stories he's never told before behind seven randomly selected songs from his 600+ song catalog.

Anyway, thought I'd share here. Might post weekly updates with each new guest. Cheers!

www.twitter.com/seandammit

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
cool premise
Oct 09th 2020
RE: cool premise
Oct 09th 2020
I. Am. In.
Oct 10th 2020
gonna check this out
Oct 10th 2020
Love the name and concept
Oct 10th 2020
Episode 02: J-Live
Oct 14th 2020
I'm soooo glad you landed on "The Upgrade" lol
Oct 14th 2020
me too!
Oct 14th 2020
RE: Episode 02: J-Live
May 18th 2021
Nice job.. I enjoyed both of these..
Oct 14th 2020
thanks
Oct 14th 2020
Looking forward to checking these out!
Oct 15th 2020
Great concept, just listened to the Murs and loved it
Oct 20th 2020
cool concept. ill be checking them out.
Oct 20th 2020
Episode 03: Open Mike Eagle
Oct 21st 2020
Episode 04: RJD2
Oct 28th 2020
Episode 05: Visitor Speaks on Homeboy Sandman
Nov 04th 2020
Episode 06: Bahamadia
Nov 11th 2020
really enjoying the podcast
Nov 11th 2020
thanks!
Nov 11th 2020
      If you don't mind me asking, why not ?
Nov 11th 2020
           I'd never say never
Nov 11th 2020
                RE: I'd never say never
Nov 11th 2020
i really like this podcast!
Nov 15th 2020
Episode 07: Blueprint
Nov 18th 2020
Listening to this right now. Thoroughly enjoying it
Nov 18th 2020
      thanks man
Nov 18th 2020
           Print and Illogic talk about it a lot on an ep. of Call Out Culture
Nov 19th 2020
Episode 08: Nikki Jean
Nov 25th 2020
Episode 09: Slug (Atmosphere)
Dec 02nd 2020
Season 2 of the show makes its return this week!
Apr 15th 2021
Great get !
Apr 15th 2021
S2E2: Fat Tony
Apr 19th 2021
great concept
Apr 19th 2021
thanks!
Apr 27th 2021
S2E3: Nicolay
Apr 27th 2021
This is one of the best Nicolay interviews I've heard.
Apr 29th 2021
      thx man!
May 03rd 2021
S2E4: Quelle Chris
May 03rd 2021
S2E5: Esthero
May 10th 2021
looking forward to part 2
May 13th 2021
S2E6: Esthero (Part II)
May 17th 2021
S2E7: Slimkid3 (the Pharcyde)
May 25th 2021
oh snap!
May 25th 2021
RE: S2E7: Slimkid3 (the Pharcyde)
May 26th 2021
      Thank you!
Jun 01st 2021
S2E8: Sage Francis
Jun 01st 2021
S2E9: El Da Sensei
Jun 07th 2021
S2E10: Dante Ross
Jun 14th 2021

Options
Member since Nov 19th 2009
1013 posts
Fri Oct-09-20 03:46 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "cool premise"
In response to Reply # 0

a renaissance, indeed. I'm not familiar with MURS' work, but I'll definitely be checking for future guests.

also: 'Stony Island Audio Network,' huh? is Open Mike Eagle from Chicago?

seandammit
6522 posts
Fri Oct-09-20 06:14 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "RE: cool premise"
In response to Reply # 1

>a renaissance, indeed. I'm not familiar with MURS' work, but
>I'll definitely be checking for future guests.
>

Word. Thanks for checking it out. I think the format is definitely great for artists that the listener is aware of but I do also believe it’s still interesting if you don’t know their music either. Could be a cool gateway to get a taste of their catalog/story.

>also: 'Stony Island Audio Network,' huh? is Open Mike Eagle
>from Chicago?

Yes he is!

LeroyBumpkin
Charter member
36960 posts
Sat Oct-10-20 03:18 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "I. Am. In."
In response to Reply # 0

Congrats.

https://digife.com

hammam
Member since Nov 03rd 2011
398 posts
Sat Oct-10-20 03:26 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "gonna check this out"
In response to Reply # 0

really enjoy "what had happened was" so i'm all in with anything stony island audio.

Oak27
Member since Apr 17th 2005
13189 posts
Sat Oct-10-20 04:50 PM

5. "Love the name and concept"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Oct-10-20 04:50 PM by Oak27

I'll definitely check the eps with artists I'm familiar with

seandammit
6522 posts
Wed Oct-14-20 02:31 AM

6. "Episode 02: J-Live "
In response to Reply # 0

2nd episode is up featuring the incomparable J-Live. He’s honestly one of my favorite *writers* and thus it was a joy to dive into his catalog on the show. Good mix of older songs that most fans are no doubt familiar with as well as some more recent material that may not be on everybody’s radar.

www.cantknocktheshuffle.com

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24411 posts
Wed Oct-14-20 10:04 AM

8. "I'm soooo glad you landed on "The Upgrade" lol"
In response to Reply # 6

Easily my favorite J-Live song and one of my all time favorite beats overall.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

seandammit
6522 posts
Wed Oct-14-20 11:55 AM

9. "me too! "
In response to Reply # 8

I really am keeping with the concept of it being random selections, so I feel excited when it lands on a favorite haha

spidey
Charter member
13119 posts
Tue May-18-21 10:27 PM

42. "RE: Episode 02: J-Live "
In response to Reply # 6

Much appreciated...great listen...

Integrity is the Cornerstone of Artistry...

My_SP1200_Broken_Again
Charter member
57002 posts
Wed Oct-14-20 09:32 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "Nice job.. I enjoyed both of these.. "
In response to Reply # 0

..how many do you plan to do for the 1st season?

< Live Mixshow - Thurs 11PM/EST >
https://twitch.tv/djchiefone

----Mixtape Archives-----
https://soundcloud.com/djchiefone

seandammit
6522 posts
Wed Oct-14-20 11:56 AM

10. "thanks "
In response to Reply # 7

I'm still producing new episodes and trying to lock in a solid back half that I feel good about. So that said, I think it will fall somewhere between 8-12 depending on what I can make happen.

maro
Charter member

11. "Looking forward to checking these out!"
In response to Reply # 0

werd.

las raises
Member since Aug 31st 2002
14981 posts
Tue Oct-20-20 11:04 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
12. "Great concept, just listened to the Murs and loved it"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Oct-20-20 11:10 AM by las raises

I'll check out the J Live one too, I'll definitely keep listening

-----------------------------------------------------------------

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16412 posts
Tue Oct-20-20 11:51 AM

13. "cool concept. ill be checking them out."
In response to Reply # 0

seandammit
6522 posts
Wed Oct-21-20 01:20 PM

14. "Episode 03: Open Mike Eagle "
In response to Reply # 0

Not only a guest, but the man behind the podcast network itself. Mike and I not only explored the stories behind seven randomly selected songs from his catalog, but also had some good discussion about the plight of the indie artist trying to navigate a field that is becoming increasingly untenable.

Also some interesting insight on his Comedy Central show and how collaborations with MF DOOM, Lizzo, Method Man, etc. somehow didn't add up to the result that one might expect by looking at all those names on paper.

Appreciate the feedback everyone's been leaving here. In my most natural state in life I create things specifically aimed at the Lesson lol, so I'm glad that you guys dig.

seandammit
6522 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 01:56 PM

15. "Episode 04: RJD2 "
In response to Reply # 0

Definitely the most musically technical episode yet. We got to talk about a lot of cool components of Rj's story and production process. He also was pretty candid about some subjects that many artists might be more inclined to shy away from.

I won't say more, but you should definitely check it out. Appreciate everybody's support and feedback on this season, definitely make sure to rate and subscribe if you are enjoying the show!

seandammit
6522 posts
Wed Nov-04-20 02:43 PM

16. "Episode 05: Visitor Speaks on Homeboy Sandman"
In response to Reply # 0

Www.cantknocktheshuffle.com

After the past decade and change, rapper Homeboy Sandman has built a career that's been defined by marching to the beat of his own drum. He's released albums on labels like Stones Throw and Mellow Music Group, and has collaborated with artists for full projects such as Aesop Rock, Edan, and most recently Quelle Chris, who produced the entirety of Sandman's latest album 'Don't Feed the Monster.' The Ivy League-educated emcee also had a stint as a blogger, publishing a series of essays and think-pieces for Huffington Post and Gawker, which raised eyebrows and caught the attention of the blogosphere due to his strong opinions and provocative perspective. This episode is an interview with someone who identifies themselves as Visitor or Angel, but there is no one else in the world better equipped to dive into the stories behind Homeboy Sandman's songs.

seandammit
6522 posts
Wed Nov-11-20 03:52 PM

17. "Episode 06: Bahamadia "
In response to Reply # 0

Www.cantknocktheshuffle.com

Back at it again with Philly’s very own Bahamadia. As always, we talked the stories behind 7 randomly selected songs from her catalog. It’s a great conversation with one of hip hop’s most unique and esteemed great practitioners (and also one who doesn’t do many interviews!!!), and it’s available wherever you get podcasts.

Kosa12
Member since Jul 19th 2006
4988 posts
Wed Nov-11-20 04:29 PM

18. "really enjoying the podcast"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Nov-11-20 04:29 PM by Kosa12

I know you probably already have a set line up, but it would be awesome to hear Aesop Rock on this

----------
https://93millionmilesabove.blogspot.com/
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Kosa12

seandammit
6522 posts
Wed Nov-11-20 05:01 PM

19. "thanks!"
In response to Reply # 18

I've got a few more in the can and am trying to wrap up the last few soon. Aesop was def on my list but I don't think it's going to be able to happen unfortunately.

Brew
24411 posts
Wed Nov-11-20 05:09 PM

20. "If you don't mind me asking, why not ?"
In response to Reply # 19

>I've got a few more in the can and am trying to wrap up the
>last few soon. Aesop was def on my list but I don't think it's
>going to be able to happen unfortunately.

Do you mean just this season because of timing, or are you saying you don't think that you'll ever be able to book him ?

And if it's the latter, why ?

I only ask out of curiosity. I'm just sort of interested in how podcasters book/land their desired guests, especially fledging/newer pods like yours.

seandammit
6522 posts
Wed Nov-11-20 05:57 PM

21. "I'd never say never "
In response to Reply # 20

I just have a finite ending to this first season and it doesn't look likely this time around. He's also does very few interviews/podcasts these days, so he would be a very "good get."

Kosa12
Member since Jul 19th 2006
4988 posts
Wed Nov-11-20 08:56 PM

22. "RE: I'd never say never "
In response to Reply # 21

Yeah, it would be extremely interesting to hear him talk about his songs especially with the level of imagery in them. I was just thinking about it because his new album is out this Friday and he's one of my favorite emcees. In any case, Aes or not, I'll be listening to all of the new episodes!

----------
https://93millionmilesabove.blogspot.com/
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Kosa12

A Love Supreme
Member since Nov 25th 2003
3050 posts
Sun Nov-15-20 02:09 AM

23. "i really like this podcast!"
In response to Reply # 0

you're a great interviewer. keep it up!

seandammit
6522 posts
Wed Nov-18-20 01:29 PM

24. "Episode 07: Blueprint "
In response to Reply # 0

Latest episode is up with the homie Blueprint! www.cantknocktheshuffle.com

Lots of great insight to seven randomly selected songs from his catalog (including work with Soul Position as well as his show-stealing verse on Aesop Rock's "Alchemy"), as well as a great reflective analysis of the emergence of the Midwest indie scene that he and his peers helped build in the late 90s/early 00s.

Enjoy! Thanks for all the great feedback on the show! Rate/subscribe/review/etc.

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44713 posts
Wed Nov-18-20 04:52 PM

25. "Listening to this right now. Thoroughly enjoying it"
In response to Reply # 24

All the stuff about the corny critic backlash very much rings true. I've heard him talk about it before, but it bears repeating. One of the big reasons that the hip-hop scene in the mid '00s really annoyed me.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

seandammit
6522 posts
Wed Nov-18-20 11:50 PM

26. "thanks man "
In response to Reply # 25

Yeah, it's wild (as we speak about) how the media almost immediately started rejecting what they'd built up in the years previous. I honestly could have talked just about that topic for another hour, but had to keep it moving...it just has always fascinated me.

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44713 posts
Thu Nov-19-20 01:26 PM

27. "Print and Illogic talk about it a lot on an ep. of Call Out Culture"
In response to Reply # 26

They get pretty in-depth. Including mention of a Pitchfork review of the Def Jux 3 compilation that is actually pretty offensive.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

seandammit
6522 posts
Wed Nov-25-20 01:51 PM

28. "Episode 08: Nikki Jean "
In response to Reply # 0

Back at it with another episode of 'Can't Knock the Shuffle,' this time with the super talented Nikki Jean, who's had a pretty one of the more unique careers that I've ever heard of (from Roots affiliation to Lupe Fiasco, the Glow in the Dark tour, co-writing songs with Carole King and Lamont Dozier to name a few to now being on Rhymesayers). She's a singer-songwriter through the lens/aesthetic of hip hop.

This is a great conversation. Available wherever you get podcasts!

https://youtu.be/ADgm3QYrOak

seandammit
6522 posts
Wed Dec-02-20 01:07 PM

29. "Episode 09: Slug (Atmosphere) "
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Dec-02-20 01:08 PM by seandammit

Wrapping up the first season with a discussion with Slug from Atmosphere. More than 20 years in the game and plenty of different phases/chapters in his career. Young upstart turned elder statesman. Great conversation in this episode.

Thanks for the support of the show. I look forward to bringing it back for a second season next year!

seandammit
6522 posts
Thu Apr-15-21 06:03 PM

30. "Season 2 of the show makes its return this week! "
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Apr-15-21 06:03 PM by seandammit

Back at it again with another season of Can't Knock the Shuffle on Stony Island Audio.

First up...Masta Ace.

Some great stories in this one from throughout his 30+ year career, including the origin of hip hop supergroup Crooklyn Dodgers, collaborations with producers like MF DOOM and Marco Polo, and so much more.

Get the whole thing wherever you get your podcasts, or visit www.cantknocktheshuffle.com

Full episode (YouTube):
https://youtu.be/awqdttLKu38

A couple clips here too...

Waiting (and almost giving up on) the MF DOOM verse that would end up on his MA_DOOM record:
https://youtu.be/PhGhqJeQg7A

The story behind the Crooklyn Dodgers:
https://youtu.be/XOl0WO5UoA0

Brew
24411 posts
Thu Apr-15-21 11:21 PM

31. "Great get !"
In response to Reply # 30

seandammit
6522 posts
Mon Apr-19-21 11:14 AM

32. "S2E2: Fat Tony "
In response to Reply # 0

For the second episode, I linked up with Fat Tony. He's been cranking out some uniquely original music for the better part of the last decade. We talked about his relationship and collaboration with Bun B, his songwriting approach, storytelling, songs about weed (and why they are kind of played out), and a lot more. Very thoughtful discussion.

Full ep:
https://youtu.be/YRlcCcsCYj0

Bun B clip:
https://youtu.be/pXksomyDuOw

Weed Songs clip:
https://youtu.be/2r1Pkbq7xsE

6thSense
Charter member
1331 posts
Mon Apr-19-21 04:46 PM

33. "great concept"
In response to Reply # 0

the shuffle is a powerful in the moment spontaneous convo starter

seandammit
6522 posts
Tue Apr-27-21 11:04 AM

34. "thanks!"
In response to Reply # 33

seandammit
6522 posts
Tue Apr-27-21 11:09 AM

35. "S2E3: Nicolay "
In response to Reply # 0

I don't think I really need to provide much of an introduction to the man whose career was essentially propelled by this here corner of the Internet. Nic and I chopped it up over a variety of topics in this conversation, including the formative impact of D'Angelo's live shows circa the 'Voodoo' tour, working with a very young Wiz Khalifa on Nic's 2006 'Here' album, his working relationship with Phonte, the Hot at Nights, and much more.

Available wherever you get podcasts, at the link above, or:

Full episode:
https://youtu.be/J_AFFMfATEI

The making of "Laughing at Your Plans" (clip):
https://youtu.be/a-rWtOVyxcA

Wiz Khalifa story (clip):
https://youtu.be/YO7YkRjbfLQ

If you can, please leave a review on Apple Podcasts! Thanks for the support everybody.

LeroyBumpkin
Charter member
36960 posts
Thu Apr-29-21 02:32 PM

36. "This is one of the best Nicolay interviews I've heard."
In response to Reply # 35

Outside of talking about the songs, there's a lot here really worth checking out if you're an FE and Little Brother fan.

seandammit
6522 posts
Mon May-03-21 02:46 PM

38. "thx man! "
In response to Reply # 36

seandammit
6522 posts
Mon May-03-21 02:46 PM

37. "S2E4: Quelle Chris "
In response to Reply # 0

Thanks to everybody for the feedback on these here boards, which I still consider a formative training ground for basically everything cool that I've ever done in my life. Make sure you subscribe and leave a review on Apple Podcasts, it really helps!

This week I'm joined by Quelle Chris for a very casual and entertaining stroll through his catalog, including his instrumental work, collaborations with Hannibal Buress and his wife Jean Grae, and much more. We had some fun moments in this one. Available everywhere!

Teaser - Quelle talks about recording a drunk Hannibal Buress on his excellent collaborative album with Jean Grae, 'Everything's Fine':
https://youtu.be/VH6liZ-A27w

seandammit
6522 posts
Mon May-10-21 02:31 PM

39. "S2E5: Esthero "
In response to Reply # 0

This is the first of two parts (we talked for a long time!). Esthero has had a remarkable career and she was candid about her songwriting process and inspiration as well as the politics of the music industry. Some great stories about some of her collaborators as well, including a pretty interesting story about working with Andre 3000 in this first installment.

Making her third album 'Everything is Expensive':
https://youtu.be/1EtL_pX3Y7o

The Andre 3000 Story:
https://youtu.be/dsPuXxVabos

Check it out, subscribe, leave a review on Apple Podcasts, etc.

Options
Member since Nov 19th 2009
1013 posts
Thu May-13-21 07:14 PM

40. "looking forward to part 2"
In response to Reply # 39

about an hour in I realized you'd only covered, like, 3 songs, haha.

seandammit
6522 posts
Mon May-17-21 05:06 PM

41. "S2E6: Esthero (Part II)"
In response to Reply # 0

In the second installment of my episode with Esthero, the influential singer/songwriter shares more stories from her career, including the inspiration behind her groundbreaking debut 'Breath From Another,' meeting and working with Kanye West on his '808s and Heartbreak' album, the struggles and personal challenges she faced in the making of her second LP, and her definitively anti-streaming stance that she's taken in more recent years.

Clips:

Funny story about first connecting with Kanye
https://youtu.be/aUcA61Pa7X4

Writing her single "Gimme Some Time"
https://youtu.be/yIOpP06WiQE

If you're reading these and liking them, please take a minute to leave a review on Apple Podcasts. Thanks!

seandammit
6522 posts
Tue May-25-21 11:43 AM

43. "S2E7: Slimkid3 (the Pharcyde)"
In response to Reply # 0

Season 2 continues with Episode 7 featuring Tre Hardson aka Slimkid3 from the Pharcyde. No stone is left unturned here, as we explore the various chapters of his career including the ascent as well as the trials and tribulations of the Pharcyde (and speculating about the group’s potential future), his own genre-blending solo material, and his work with Jurassic 5’s DJ Nu-Mark.

Some clips:

Speaking about his work with DJ Nu-Mark:
https://youtu.be/nRJEuLit4C0

The challenges of being in a group (and his speculation about the Pharcyde's future as a quartet):
https://youtu.be/CIeebMFLczw

Get it wherever you get pods or at www.cantknocktheshuffle.com (don't forget to leave a review on Apple Podcasts!)

LeroyBumpkin
Charter member
36960 posts
Tue May-25-21 12:49 PM

44. "oh snap!"
In response to Reply # 43

Good guest. Let me fire this up now.

dustin
Member since Feb 21st 2004
4006 posts
Wed May-26-21 12:22 AM

45. "RE: S2E7: Slimkid3 (the Pharcyde)"
In response to Reply # 43

This interview is amazing. Tre loves using analogies, haha. The songs that got picked led to great stories from Tre. Great podcast.

seandammit
6522 posts
Tue Jun-01-21 12:52 PM

46. "Thank you! "
In response to Reply # 45

seandammit
6522 posts
Tue Jun-01-21 12:54 PM

47. "S2E8: Sage Francis"
In response to Reply # 0

This week I’m chopping it up with Sage Francis. This episode kind of feels like the companion piece to last season’s episode with Blueprint, in that we really get in the weeds about the indie underground scene that birthed so many careers over the past few decades.

Also discussed: Johnny Cash homages, MF DOOM remixes, what it’s like to interface with fans who totally misread the message of your songs, and more.

Get it wherever you get your podcasts, or by downloading at www.cantknocktheshuffle.com

Clips:
Indie career advice:
https://youtu.be/I7IZYTUysoI

The Story of the MF DOOM Remix to his Non-Prophets' song "Damage":
https://youtu.be/lvvvcL85WZM

seandammit
6522 posts
Mon Jun-07-21 09:50 PM

48. "S2E9: El Da Sensei "
In response to Reply # 0

The penultimate episode of the second season of Can't Knock the Shuffle is with New Jersey's very own El Da Sensei. El’s a true working class emcee, and his dedication to his craft as a writer and as an independent artist has granted him a pretty unique experience that we uncover throughout this conversation. We also talk a little bit about the impromptu Artifacts reunion in 2009 that brought El and Tame together and set the stage for their upcoming third Artifacts album, produced entirely by Buckwild and carrying the torch for DJ Kaos, who unfortunately passed away in 2019 ; the album is scheduled to be released later this year.

Clips:

The Making of Artifacts' "Wrong Side of Da Tracks":
https://youtu.be/MEUQOyRteXQ

The Secret to Remembering Lyrics:
https://youtu.be/QiSE0lJufhM

Enjoy!

seandammit
6522 posts
Mon Jun-14-21 01:35 PM

49. "S2E10: Dante Ross"
In response to Reply # 0

Closing out Season 2 of Can’t Knock the Shuffle with a guy who essentially was built for the long-form music analysis/discussion that podcasts are all about: legendary A&R/music exec/producer/engineer/hip hop brainiac Dante Ross.

He’s played such a crucial role in developing the careers of so many of hip hop’s brightest stars, and in this episode we touch on a whole lot of it – from emerging onto the scene working with De La Soul on ‘3 Feet High and Rising’ to his days at Elektra helping guide Del the Funky Homosapien and Busta Rhymes to the chaos of working with Ol’ Dirty Bastard on his debut to the personal tragedies that almost derailed Everlast’s platinum-selling breakthrough album and much much more.

Appreciate everyone who has supported the podcast this season by leaving a review, commenting in this thread, and helping to spread the word. See you for Season 3?

Lobby The Lesson topic #3027364 Previous topic | Next topic