Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3026135

Subject: "New Release Friday - 2020-07-31" Previous topic | Next topic
thebigfunk
Charter member
10457 posts
Fri Jul-31-20 10:00 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"New Release Friday - 2020-07-31"

Haven't had much of a chance to look around yet. I know there are new singles from Jorja Smith and Angel Olsen... unfortunate that Thought's release got delayed but understandable (assuming it's out of respect for Malik B's passing).

I feel like I was watching for some stuff today but have no idea what it was, lol.

What's everyone checking for?

-thebigfunk

~ i could still snort you under the table ~

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
not finding much to listen to
Jul 31st 2020
So Salaam Remi is doing an album with D-Nice
Jul 31st 2020

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16404 posts
Fri Jul-31-20 12:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "not finding much to listen to"
In response to Reply # 0

38 Spesh - 6 Shots 4.6/5
This was good, beats are pretty nice. Bars are okay. I think this won't have a lot of replay value but definitely they best project I've listened to this week.

Flee Lord & Pete Rock - The People's Champ 3.4/5
I had some hope with Pete Rock but the rapping was just meh to me. Not one track I would go back to.

E-40 - The Curb Commentator Channel 2 EP 4.1/5
Not bad but nothing special. Goop is pretty dope, only track that might stay in rotation.

Black Soprano Family 4/5
This was okay. Some dope bars, some dope beats. Overall nothing special. In Love with the Streets might stay in rotation.

phemom
Member since Oct 22nd 2004
5129 posts
Fri Jul-31-20 07:48 PM

2. "So Salaam Remi is doing an album with D-Nice"
In response to Reply # 0

...this is the first song from it: Black Love (Feat. Teedra Moses)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QUDXlGuc00

...is prolly might favorite song this week. Other than that...the new Travis Barker & RTJ song is dope, Juicy J making a 2008 single with Wiz (all the way down to getting a Lex Luger beat for it) is a head scratcher.

Biggest offense is Hit-Boy & Dom Kennedy getting Nas on a song.....for a 4 bar hook.

Who gets Nas for a hook in 2020?!? SMH

Might be a good thing there isn't a ton of newness I'm feeling so I can spend more time with Lupe, Curren$y/Harry Fraud and The Naked & The Famous from last week.

phemom's the name, all-star writer/
searching 4 journalistic fame, mindframe igniter....www.twitter.com/hayabusaage

Lobby The Lesson topic #3026135 Previous topic | Next topic