Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3025742

Subject: "over-ear/wireless headphone recs? (in $200-300 range)" Previous topic | Next topic
Robert
Charter member
4116 posts
Tue Jul-14-20 08:58 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"over-ear/wireless headphone recs? (in $200-300 range)"

currently have the Audio-Technica ATH-S700BT, which looks like it just crapped out on me (after a good 3-4 years of constant use)

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I have these Sennheisers
Jul 14th 2020
ordered--thanks everyone..
Jul 14th 2020
      let us know how you like them compared to our ATs!
Jul 15th 2020
           initial review:
Jul 24th 2020
                found em for $179...
Dec 08th 2020
                     yep, i'm happy with them
Dec 10th 2020
                          it was Ebay...
Dec 10th 2020
i really like the v-modas
Jul 14th 2020
I have those, exact same model...
Jul 14th 2020
Beyerdynamics DT770s
Jul 15th 2020
RE: Beyerdynamics DT770s
Jul 30th 2020
      You right you right...just saw that wireless part lol
Jul 30th 2020
I got these last year and really been digging them.
Dec 08th 2020
Sony 1AM2
Dec 12th 2020

Oak27
Member since Apr 17th 2005
13192 posts
Tue Jul-14-20 09:05 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I have these Sennheisers"
In response to Reply # 0

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E3XLNA0

Really like them, my first pair of Sennheisers, first pair of wireless, first pair of noise-cancelling (before that I always got those $130 Bose over the ears) so can't really compare them to other wireless/noise-cancelling.

Robert
Charter member
4116 posts
Tue Jul-14-20 01:24 PM

4. "ordered--thanks everyone.."
In response to Reply # 1

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Wed Jul-15-20 09:31 AM

5. "let us know how you like them compared to our ATs!"
In response to Reply # 4

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Robert
Charter member
4116 posts
Fri Jul-24-20 11:31 AM

7. "initial review:"
In response to Reply # 5
Fri Jul-24-20 11:33 AM by Robert

- the sound on these is already a noticeable notch above the ATs--feels like it's a "wider" frequency response

- it's "touchscreen" controls (just a flat pad on the right ear cup and you swipe your finger accordingly to play-pause/volume control/ffwd-rwd). it'll take some getting used to but im sure ill prefer in end

- my only minor gripes are design-related..you twist the earcup to turn on/off? (just give me a simple button) the buttons to control features (noise-cancelling, some other "effect" thing and the bluetooth switch) are kinda on the small side..and to me doesnt give a clear "it's now on or it's now off" regardless of what side you have it on

feel free to ignore my gripes though..im the type of person where even if a 100 people tell me "drop the iphone & get a samsung", i'll stick with the iphone just because i simply dont want to learn a whole new phone at this point (regardless of how superior it is)

(person that first recommended these sennheisers..thank you though. like i said the sound is fantastic..if you have any random thoughts on how to make these more user-friendly for the newbie, feel free to chime in..)

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Tue Dec-08-20 11:08 AM

10. "found em for $179..."
In response to Reply # 7

still feelin' em?

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Robert
Charter member
4116 posts
Thu Dec-10-20 10:52 AM

12. "yep, i'm happy with them"
In response to Reply # 10

they still sound great & i got used to touchscreen thing quick

$179 is great price too (mind supplying that link? might want to gift someone with these)

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Thu Dec-10-20 02:51 PM

13. "it was Ebay..."
In response to Reply # 12
Thu Dec-10-20 02:54 PM by Dstl1

certified refurbished, directly from Sennhieser, with a 2 year warranty.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sennheiser-PXC-550-Wireless-Certified-Refurbished/373322246633?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Tue Jul-14-20 09:24 AM

2. "i really like the v-modas"
In response to Reply # 0

i have the first version of these, just waiting for these to go on sale so that i can warranty into them lol

https://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfade-Wireless-Codex-Qualcomm/dp/B07DMMXC9L

the ones i have dont fold down, have less battery life and dont support the newest codex. the sound is supposed to be the same. its a fun sound, some emphasis on bass but not overpowering. i just wish the ear cups were a bit larger as they dont go all the way around my ears. need like 5mm more lol

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Tue Jul-14-20 10:44 AM

3. "I have those, exact same model..."
In response to Reply # 0

had them since 2017. They've been workhorses. Dropped them off the roof, once, while I was cleaning the gutters. I have different styles of headphones, but these are the ones I use when I do housework or yard work (the only ones I can hear, easily over the lawnmower)

Anonymous
Charter member
23226 posts
Wed Jul-15-20 11:06 AM

6. "Beyerdynamics DT770s"
In response to Reply # 0

Thank me later

djfilthyrich
Member since Jan 19th 2017
35 posts
Thu Jul-30-20 03:09 AM

8. "RE: Beyerdynamics DT770s"
In response to Reply # 6

>Thank me later

I have those and love them.....but OP wanted wireless and these are hardwired

Anonymous
Charter member
23226 posts
Thu Jul-30-20 05:30 AM

9. "You right you right...just saw that wireless part lol"
In response to Reply # 8

tariqhu
Charter member
17890 posts
Tue Dec-08-20 12:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
11. "I got these last year and really been digging them."
In response to Reply # 0

https://smile.amazon.com/Sony-WHXB900N-Cancelling-Headphones-Bluetooth/dp/B07RMPVX1D/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&aaxitk=Q2kVBz2Mx64A7JqTzyVrpw&hsa_cr_id=3145611630901&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_mcd_asin_1

wished I'd gotten this sale price, but my they were a new model when I got'em.

they sound fantastic. good depth on the bass. loud enough and I can hear all the little sounds in the music.

only issue is the auto-off. most shut-off features are for when the device hasn't been used within a certain amount of time. these don't work like that. these shut off when your phone/tablet's BT is off. I never turn BT off on my devices since there's no reason to. all that to say, these stay on forever until you actually turn them off.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

MeshaMeesh
Member since Jan 06th 2014
842 posts
Sat Dec-12-20 11:29 PM

14. "Sony 1AM2"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.sony.com/electronics/headband-headphones/mdr-1am2

these are my babiessss!!!!

---

https://twitter.com/MeeshUniVerSoul

welp

Lobby The Lesson topic #3025742 Previous topic | Next topic