Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3025190

Subject: "J. Cole Sucks Y’all" Previous topic | Next topic
lightworks
Member since Feb 17th 2006
5818 posts
Tue Jun-16-20 10:51 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"J. Cole Sucks Y’all"
Tue Jun-16-20 10:51 PM by lightworks

He released a new song tonight called “Snow on Tha Bluff” where he attacked the woman rapper Noname because she dared to...I don’t know...try to solve issues? Educate people?

And rather than offer up his own original solutions he decides to go on a long verse of critiquing her.

Wack.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
He's good with me.
Jun 17th 2020
But she didn't come for him specifically. At all.
Jun 17th 2020
      Well if that's the route you take, his response isn't about her either.
Jun 18th 2020
      She didn't criticize rappers in general
Jun 20th 2020
           Let's say it was a subtweet to Cole/Kendrick
Jun 21st 2020
He always has
Jun 17th 2020
noname responded
Jun 18th 2020
To repeat what I said in a previous pos
Jun 19th 2020
RE: To repeat what I said in a previous post
Jun 19th 2020

Boogie Stimuli
Member since Sep 24th 2010
14000 posts
Wed Jun-17-20 04:14 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "He's good with me."
In response to Reply # 0

I don't know in what world it's ok to criticize other people but they can't criticize you back. She came for him, and he responded very mildly considering she implied he wasn't doing enough b/c he wasn't tweeting, when he was out in the street with the people. I said everything else I had to say about this in the duplicate General Discussion post.

~
~
~
~
~
Days like this I miss Sha Mecca

hammam
Member since Nov 03rd 2011
398 posts
Wed Jun-17-20 07:11 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "But she didn't come for him specifically. At all."
In response to Reply # 1
Wed Jun-17-20 07:12 PM by hammam

He got butt hurt because of a tweet where she criticized rappers in general for their silence and assumed it was about him. There was nothing in her tweet that would determine it was was about Cole and only Cole. She said "y’all favorite top selling rappers" and he jumped all the way out the window like a cornball.

Boogie Stimuli
14000 posts
Thu Jun-18-20 01:05 AM

4. "Well if that's the route you take, his response isn't about her either."
In response to Reply # 3

You gotta be consistent with your viewpoint.

~
~
~
~
~
Days like this I miss Sha Mecca

Nick Has a Problem...Seriously
Member since Dec 25th 2010
16576 posts
Sat Jun-20-20 08:55 PM

8. "She didn't criticize rappers in general"
In response to Reply # 3

“poor black folks all over the country are putting their bodies on the line in protest for our collective safety and y'all favorite top selling rappers not even willing to put a tweet up. niggas whole discographies be about black plight and they no where to be found.”

People always leave out that second part. top selling rappers. whole discographies be about black plight. Only two rappers fit that criteria. Cole and Kendrick. She knew who she was getting at and that's why she deleted that tweet.

Falcons, Braves, Bulldogs and Hawks

OutKast, Gang Starr, UGK, Mobb Deep and Eightball & MJG

hammam
Member since Nov 03rd 2011
398 posts
Sun Jun-21-20 02:57 PM

9. "Let's say it was a subtweet to Cole/Kendrick"
In response to Reply # 8

...which I feel if anybody should be offended between the two, it's Kendrick, who's music fits the "black plight" narrative WAAAY more than Cole's vapid ass songs than he sprinkles in to his albums. TPAB is 90% about black plight...

yet Kendrick isn't dorky enough to devote a whole misguided, mild ass chastisement to Noname because he whatever guilt he might felt.

and also, the song just fucking sucks.

Anonymous
Charter member
23220 posts
Wed Jun-17-20 03:20 PM

2. "He always has"
In response to Reply # 0

We just give him a pass because he’s better than the rest of the bullshit out.

thebigfunk
Charter member
10457 posts
Thu Jun-18-20 08:18 PM

5. "noname responded"
In response to Reply # 0

"Song 33" - it's on Spotify. Produced by Madlib (!).

I mean... Cole's track was weird as shit considering she didn't call him out by name. And she's on point here, basically saying "you had time to make this about my one tweet when all this other shit is going on?"

On the other hand, I'm seeing this more as a public convo than a beef. But no matter, Cole comes out looking slight here --- saying, "educate us" when she literally has a book club?!? and she sounds relaxed as fuck here, like she can barely be bothered. I'm assuming we have a noname and Cole track in the future. (and hopefully a Madlib / noname album, too).

-thebigfunk

~ i could still snort you under the table ~

Adwhizz
Member since Nov 12th 2003
40916 posts
Fri Jun-19-20 06:41 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "To repeat what I said in a previous pos"
In response to Reply # 0

https://youtu.be/u_C4onVrr8U

WTF was with Cole on the last verse of this song?!

The instrumental is a sexy, laid back guitar beat.

Cole's first verse is about trying to get with a chick he had a previous rendezvous with

You got R&B singer Miguel crooning explicitly about wanting to fuck and then in the last verse Cole comes in talking about Kapernick, Police Brutality and President Trump

Way to fuck up the entire mood Cole!

No Role Models is still a banger Tho,

R.I.P. Loud But Wrong Guy
Dec 29th 2009 - Dec 17th 2017

Boogie Stimuli
14000 posts
Fri Jun-19-20 12:44 PM

7. "RE: To repeat what I said in a previous post"
In response to Reply # 6
Fri Jun-19-20 12:54 PM by Boogie Stimuli

It was just a couple of lines he threw in, and he brought it back to the original topic of getting with the girl. I actually liked that line even though it's jarring at first. No one else would even do that but Cole. His actions give the lines weight, because he really is out in the street with the people when shit pops off. He's telling the object of his affection that that THIS is how much she's been on his mind... as much as the things he thinks about constantly... like police brutality, politics, sports and how they're all intertwined in the moment. Maybe everyday folks don't understand that, because those things don't sit at the forefront of their minds, but I totally related, personally.

You might like the DJ Critical remix better with the Neptunes beat, because it isn't a sensual mood. It seems to fit a lot better.
Number 13: https://audiomack.com/dj-critical-hype/album/in-search-of-cole-1

>https://youtu.be/u_C4onVrr8U
>
>WTF was with Cole on the last verse of this song?!
>
>The instrumental is a sexy, laid back guitar beat.
>
>Cole's first verse is about trying to get with a chick he had
>a previous rendezvous with
>
>You got R&B singer Miguel crooning explicitly about wanting to
>fuck and then in the last verse Cole comes in talking about
>Kapernick, Police Brutality and President Trump
>
>Way to fuck up the entire mood Cole!
>
>
>No Role Models is still a banger Tho,