Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3025120

Subject: "New Release Friday - 2020-06-05" Previous topic | Next topic
thebigfunk
Charter member
10457 posts
Fri Jun-12-20 11:06 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"New Release Friday - 2020-06-05"

Looks like a pretty quiet release week but I'm probably missing stuff. What's everyone got?

Most excited about Ambrose Akinmusire's release today, "on the tender spot of every calloused moment" - waiting to check it out tonight on the deck since the weather's pretty decent

Also:
Photay - Waking Hours (new-ish artist to me, just digging into his stuff but really enjoying it - been listening to a lot of four tet and floating points lately, quantic and bonobo too -- it's in some of that space -- but very much its own thing -- "Is It Right?" is blowing my mind)

No Time For Love Like Now - Michael Stipe and Big Red Machine (single, it's really really good)

GoGo Penguin - another act that's recent to me but I'm enjoying a lot

-thebigfunk

~ i could still snort you under the table ~

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Blu & Exile - Roots of Blue
Jun 12th 2020
RE: Blu & Exile - Roots of Blue
Jun 12th 2020
the date threw me off. todays the 12th lol
Jun 12th 2020
oh shit lol
Jun 12th 2020
lol i always fear i will do the same
Jun 12th 2020
norah
Jun 12th 2020

Oak27
Member since Apr 17th 2005
13180 posts
Fri Jun-12-20 11:18 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Blu & Exile - Roots of Blue"
In response to Reply # 0

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/track/4NULfyG7pq9jlzPer15KPS?si=9wKDMiPjSWmPZVEMx__eow
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxmYD2U9Ano

Album drops next month.

thebigfunk
Charter member
10457 posts
Fri Jun-12-20 11:20 AM

2. "RE: Blu & Exile - Roots of Blue"
In response to Reply # 1

I'm really looking forward to the full-length for sure.

-thebigfunk

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16404 posts
Fri Jun-12-20 12:09 PM

3. "the date threw me off. todays the 12th lol"
In response to Reply # 0

i checked out the new norah jones album, pretty much what you expect from her. i liked it.

not really anything else on my radar. im gonna check out that blu track but i really just want the album already.

thebigfunk
Charter member
10457 posts
Fri Jun-12-20 12:32 PM

4. "oh shit lol"
In response to Reply # 3

I've been copying and pasting the last few Friday post titles and then just changing the date to try and keep the titles consistent... and now it's past the editing period so I can't change it...

That's what I get for trying to be smart.

-thebigfunk

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16404 posts
Fri Jun-12-20 12:33 PM

5. "lol i always fear i will do the same"
In response to Reply # 4

thebigfunk
Charter member
10457 posts
Fri Jun-12-20 12:37 PM

6. "norah"
In response to Reply # 3

Didn't realize the new Norah Jones was out today - thanks for that. She was on Questlove Supreme a few weeks ago - pretty good interview and she was pretty excited about this record. If I remember right, she said this was inspired by some stripped down trio jazz-ish performances she did (including Brian Blade, I think). Not sure how direct the connection is to the record but that's a promising start...

-thebigfunk

Lobby The Lesson topic #3025120 Previous topic | Next topic