Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3024920

Subject: "Lucky Daye - Painted" Previous topic | Next topic
Boogie Stimuli
Member since Sep 24th 2010
14015 posts
Mon Jun-01-20 11:52 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Lucky Daye - Painted"

Really good album, just dropped on the 29th

He really got my attention with "Fade Away"

My immediate favorites are "Extra", "Concentrate", "Call", and of course "Fade Away".

Anybody heard it?

~
~
~
~
~
Days like this I miss Sha Mecca

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Lucky Daye - Painted
Jun 01st 2020
That's wassup
Jun 01st 2020
      No worries, the more eyes on the project, the better...
Jun 03rd 2020
           RE: No worries, the more eyes on the project, the better...
Jun 03rd 2020

thebigfunk
Charter member
10465 posts
Mon Jun-01-20 12:14 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: Lucky Daye - Painted"
In response to Reply # 0

The original album was actually released last year - it's pretty solid although some of the lyrics ruin the total package, imo. I'm not sure why they re-released it as a "Deluxe" edition... I feel like it would have been smarter to release the new tracks as an EP. Glad it's getting some buzz though and "Buying Time" is great -- and it's nice to hear Babyface even if the song is kinda meh.

(There was a thread about the original album last year - general sentiment was positive.)

-thebigfunk

~ i could still snort you under the table ~

Boogie Stimuli
14015 posts
Mon Jun-01-20 02:04 PM

2. "That's wassup"
In response to Reply # 1

So I'm SUPER late on this one lol. The song with Babyface showed up in my Youtube suggestions. I thought it was "meh" as well, but I was excited about him having new material out. Went to Spotify and saw the album. Didn't realize the deluxe edition was a year old album with a few new songs tho. Late pass!

~
~
~
~
~

aScribe
Member since Jul 13th 2005
815 posts
Wed Jun-03-20 03:37 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "No worries, the more eyes on the project, the better..."
In response to Reply # 2

Or on the deluxe release too, I guess, lol.

I'm a fan of the original album; haven't dug into the deluxe release outside of the second "Roll Some Mo'" remix and the "Shoulda" single.

I'm curious was "Fade Away" your introduction to his music?

Matter of fact, now would be a good time to up and update the original post to consolidate some of the things he's released since the original album.

Boogie Stimuli
14015 posts
Wed Jun-03-20 06:59 PM

4. "RE: No worries, the more eyes on the project, the better..."
In response to Reply # 3

>I'm curious was "Fade Away" your introduction to his music?
>

It was the first song of his that I REALLY liked. I'd seen his name mentioned and caught some of his Tiny Desk concert, in which I was impressed by the quality of his live singing. I was looking for that song of his that I could really ride for tho. Fade Away was it for me.

~
~
~
~
~

Lobby The Lesson topic #3024920 Previous topic | Next topic