Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3024302

Subject: "2020-05-01 New Release Friday" Previous topic | Next topic
thebigfunk
Charter member
10466 posts
Fri May-01-20 12:49 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"2020-05-01 New Release Friday"

A genuinely slow week (finally?). Of course I say that and then find out there's a glut of releases I hadn't yet heard about, but it does seem quieter...

There is a new Damien Jurado lp, "What's New, Tomboy?" -- haven't listened yet, his last one was almost entirely just acoustic guitar and vocals -- if you're looking for solid singer-songwriter shit (likely with a bit of a dark turn), this is probably a good check. He's a favorite of mine.

A few others that I'm looking forward to checking out:

Chicano Batman - Invisible People

Dark Morph - Dark Morph II (this is that collab between Jonsi from Sigur Ros and a composer, Carl Michael von Hausswolff)

Man Man - Dream Hunting in the Valley of the In-Between

and couple of singles:

Kota ft Joey Badass - BQE
Brandy ft Chance - Baby Mama

-thebigfunk

~ i could still snort you under the table ~

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
that BQE single man
May 01st 2020
orrin evans
May 01st 2020
DJ Jazzy Jeff dropped "ITS 52 BEATS IN A YEAR"
May 01st 2020

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Fri May-01-20 01:04 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "that BQE single man"
In response to Reply # 0

i listened through my speaker phone because i just couldnt wait lol it sounded cool. listened again with headphones later and woooo. repeated it a good 3 or 4 times. im digging it. really looking forward to the kota album.

i checked out chicano batman, pretty good and that drake one, aight. not sure what else to check out.

im just jamming out to jill scott for the rest of the day probably.

thebigfunk
Charter member
10466 posts
Fri May-01-20 02:23 PM

2. "orrin evans"
In response to Reply # 0

Forgot that Orrin Evans and Captain Black Big Band's new record is out today - "The Intangible Between"

Definitely listening to that tonight!

-thebigfunk

~ i could still snort you under the table ~

BlakStaar
Member since May 29th 2002
1261 posts
Fri May-01-20 04:47 PM

3. "DJ Jazzy Jeff dropped "ITS 52 BEATS IN A YEAR""
In response to Reply # 0

He dropped it today on Bandcamp, which is waiving its revenue share on all purchases today: https://daily.bandcamp.com/features/artists-and-labels-offering-donations-special-merch-and-more-this-friday"

https://djjazzyjeff215.bandcamp.com
"I challenged myself to make a beat once a week for a year. Here's all 52 for you to enjoy!!!" - DJ Jazzy Jeff

--
"Music is not to be possessed; it's to be shared.” - James Mtume

"Just stay loose, keep it raw, and bang ya drums out sometimes." - Madlib

Lobby The Lesson topic #3024302 Previous topic | Next topic