Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3022736

Subject: "Jadakiss - Ignatius" Previous topic | Next topic
DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18634 posts
Wed Mar-11-20 04:19 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Jadakiss - Ignatius"
Wed Mar-11-20 04:20 PM by DJR

Thoughts?

I loved Me, but that’s all I’ve heard. About to give it a listen.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Typical Jadakiss album
Mar 11th 2020
Sung hooks don’t necessarily = bad hooks to me in 2020
Mar 13th 2020
      I wholeheartedly agree with you
Mar 13th 2020
           yup. Agreed
Mar 13th 2020
                Man, can he just be an honorary Griselda member for 10 tracks?
Mar 13th 2020
                     RE: Man, can he just be an honorary Griselda member for 10 tracks?
Mar 14th 2020
                          Getting past expectations like that......I really like this album
Mar 15th 2020
Decent
Mar 12th 2020
Jdakiss L.A. Leakers freestyle over "I Got Love"
Mar 12th 2020
that beat is perfect for him for some reason IMO
Mar 12th 2020
This shit is dope to me
Mar 13th 2020
Despite Def Jam-ism still here, Jada makes it work.
Mar 16th 2020

navajo joe
Member since Apr 13th 2005
6573 posts
Wed Mar-11-20 08:01 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Typical Jadakiss album"
In response to Reply # 0

Two dope tracks (Me/Huntin' Season) and then a bunch of unmemorable joints with unflattering production and sung hooks.

Never spit a wack verse but really put it together either although I think Kiss of Death was the closest he came.

There must be audience for this shit because he's been rocking with the same formula since he came on the scene. I just end up taking the couple of songs I like and adding them to my Jadakiss playlist. Then the cycle continues.

-------------------------------

A lot of you players ain't okay.

We would have been better off with an okaycivics board instead of an okayactivist board

DJR
18634 posts
Fri Mar-13-20 01:14 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "Sung hooks don’t necessarily = bad hooks to me in 2020"
In response to Reply # 1

I thought most of these hooks were decent-good.

I mean...I thought the beats were “fine” too. Mostly not too memorable or anything special or daring, to be sure. But not “bad”.

Pretty safe sounding album with good rapping and a couple standouts. I’m ok with it.

navajo joe
6573 posts
Fri Mar-13-20 02:09 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "I wholeheartedly agree with you "
In response to Reply # 5

I came off harsher than necessary. The songs aren't bad, the hooks aren't bad. It's just another unremarkable record from a truly remarkable (bar for bar) artist.

Jada is one of my favorite rappers ever so I always have high hopes that whatever his latest release will be the album that gets over the hump. And he releases something fully reflective of his talent instead of the same old formula.

We would have been better off with an okaycivics board instead of an okayactivist board

DJR
18634 posts
Fri Mar-13-20 02:24 PM

7. "yup. Agreed"
In response to Reply # 6

Would love Jadakiss and Alchemist to do a full album together, for example. Would be a can’t miss.

navajo joe
6573 posts
Fri Mar-13-20 07:16 PM

9. "Man, can he just be an honorary Griselda member for 10 tracks?"
In response to Reply # 7

That's ALL I am asking

Linking up with Al would work perfectly too

jimaveli
Charter member
6611 posts
Sat Mar-14-20 06:16 AM

10. "RE: Man, can he just be an honorary Griselda member for 10 tracks?"
In response to Reply # 9

>That's ALL I am asking
>
>Linking up with Al would work perfectly too
>

This is what happened to me. I came into this thinking he’d have a few Justice league-ish Ross-sounding records mixed with a straight up Griselda tryout ep. When I heard a bunch of singing early on, my heart shrank. It’s my fault for trying to exec produce this man’s album. I’ll come back to it sometime later and try to be more fair.

DJR
18634 posts
Sun Mar-15-20 09:37 AM

11. "Getting past expectations like that......I really like this album"
In response to Reply # 10

I like it more than I did at first.

It’s a more mature, reflective album from him and the beats and hooks reflect that.

DJR
18634 posts
Thu Mar-12-20 05:23 PM

2. "Decent"
In response to Reply # 0

I appreciate that unlike most Jadakiss albums there’s no trend chasing here as far as beats go. And there’s nothing horrible, like there was for example on Fab’s most recent album.

Everything is at least decent. Lots of 6/10 -7/10 type songs, with a few 9’s. I’m not mad at it. Too many guests though. Nothing against Rick Ross, but I don’t really want to hear him rap on a Jadakiss album. That’s one less Jadakiss verse.

navajo joe
6573 posts
Thu Mar-12-20 07:13 PM

3. "Jdakiss L.A. Leakers freestyle over "I Got Love" "
In response to Reply # 0

https://youtu.be/LgXaoyNcSvA

Album is worth it just to get homie out here spittin fire on youtube

amplifya7
Member since Feb 07th 2010
2989 posts
Thu Mar-12-20 08:20 PM

4. "that beat is perfect for him for some reason IMO"
In response to Reply # 3

Bink did "I Got Love"? I randomly clicked this, I don't really check for Jadakiss but if there was a Jadakiss/Bink album I'd listen to it

Bandcamp/IG/FB/Twitter: @hecticzeniths

Anonymous
Charter member
23226 posts
Fri Mar-13-20 04:59 PM

8. "This shit is dope to me"
In response to Reply # 0

Nothing classic.

Nor has Jada ever released an album to what any of us think he’s capable of.

But this joint is cool to me. Good feel good vibe for the spring.

Sure, some is commercial leaning but it’s not overly attempting to fit into a mainstream and instead just good music.

I really could do without the female vocal all these producers seem to need to use.

phemom
Member since Oct 22nd 2004
5129 posts
Mon Mar-16-20 08:55 AM

12. "Despite Def Jam-ism still here, Jada makes it work."
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Mar-16-20 08:58 AM by phemom

Def-Jam-ism=weak budget, short tracklist and far too many singles...which has happened on almost all of the DJ albums from the older guys these days.

13 tracks, 3 of them skit/interludes, 3 of them girl songs?

C'mon man.

Just like the Jada&Fab album the actual Jadakiss songs are dope tho, just could've used like 3 or 4 more of them, that's all.

Govt. Cheese is the standout.....Buckwild did his thing on that one. It also gives the D-Block artists Millyz & Nino Man something that J-Hood never got, a dope song that even non mixtape fans could get into.

Hopefully we get that LOX album this year, since Jay Elect dropped anything is possible now right?

phemom's the name, all-star writer/
searching 4 journalistic fame, mindframe igniter....www.twitter.com/hayabusaage

Lobby The Lesson topic #3022736 Previous topic | Next topic