Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3021840

Subject: "cameo - shake your pants" Previous topic | Next topic
Crash Bandacoot
Member since May 13th 2003
10118 posts
Sat Feb-01-20 07:33 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"cameo - shake your pants"

such an underrated group, they be jammin!
https://youtu.be/153d9tc3Oao

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
hell yeah they are...
Feb 02nd 2020
absolutely futuristic
Feb 02nd 2020
+1 !!!!!!!
Feb 02nd 2020
RE: cameo - shake your pants
Feb 22nd 2020
the song is a jam. that video though.....
Feb 27th 2020
they had
Feb 27th 2020

Voodoochilde
Charter member
3438 posts
Sun Feb-02-20 03:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "hell yeah they are..."
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Feb-02-20 03:48 PM by Voodoochilde

...Cameo is underrated & undermentioned fer sure.

i do know that My own 'Cameo mix' on my ipod gets PLENTY of regular rotations, so their not underrated in my house.

i remember the first time i heard Cameo, i was at the Army base's "Teen club" prob back in 79 (Teen Club was a cool little safe spot on base for the young Army brats like myself to hang, play pool, drink sodas, and get what little groove we had on, ON on the dance floor)....

"I Just Want To Be" came on and i was like .....'Holy CRAP....WHAT is THAT.????'

I swear that dance floor FILLED UP INSTANTLY for that track...i think even the Wallflowers had to step outta their comfort zone and do SOMEthin to that groove....

that shit sounded like it was from the FUTURE to me. And it still holds up to this day, so i guess it was....

Crash Bandacoot
10118 posts
Sun Feb-02-20 06:39 PM

2. "absolutely futuristic"
In response to Reply # 1

my aunt loved them, that was the first time i heard them back in the 80s. they play
candy at the club in dc and the crowd goes wild.

bc
Charter member
1183 posts
Sun Feb-02-20 08:38 PM

3. "+1 !!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

n/m

respect,
bc

"my old boy from the Point but I'm from Southwest..."

"Are you really ready to carry some weight?,
Are you ready to design your fate?" -Kelvin Mercer

be_yourself
Member since Apr 06th 2008
953 posts
Sat Feb-22-20 08:33 PM

4. "RE: cameo - shake your pants"
In response to Reply # 0

I love Cameo, always have, always will. Cardiac Arrest was the very first album that I bought. I love every era of Cameo, and the way they evolved and adapted to the times.

I've been listening to some of my least favourite albums of late, and feeling like I've slept on a few gems of theirs. Currently listening to 'You're A Winner" from the Style album - it's so smooth I'm floating:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO8eD6wChc8

Also, have you seen this Aaron Mills funk jam? Can't get much funkier than this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5RRugz26R8

Aaron's bass guitar playing is seriously good for my health - wonderful stuff from my favourite musician, I can't get enough of it!

Selah
Member since Jun 05th 2002
16484 posts
Thu Feb-27-20 01:19 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "the song is a jam. that video though....."
In response to Reply # 0

not good in so many ways

Crash Bandacoot
10118 posts
Thu Feb-27-20 02:32 PM

6. "they had"
In response to Reply # 5

a different way of life LOL

Lobby The Lesson topic #3021840 Previous topic | Next topic