Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3021782

Subject: "LA OKPs! The Questions Hip Hop Trivia: Soulquarians Edition 2/4" Previous topic | Next topic
seandammit
Member since May 28th 2003
6522 posts
Tue Jan-28-20 07:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"LA OKPs! The Questions Hip Hop Trivia: Soulquarians Edition 2/4"

http://bit.ly/QuestionsSoulquarians

I've been doing these for over a year and never really posted about them here, but decided to for this one because:

a) I've actually met/ran into some OKPs at some of these events

b) It's the Soulquarians!

c) My vision for this from the beginning was basically to bring The Lesson to a live setting.

So if you're in the area next week and want to come to something you will absolutely feel at home in, click the link and come thru.

www.twitter.com/seandammit

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I've been following on IG
Jan 30th 2020
RE: I've been following on IG
Jan 30th 2020
My interest is piqued, but would you mind describing the setting and...
Jan 30th 2020
RE: My interest is piqued, but would you mind describing the setting and...
Jan 31st 2020

JtothaI
Charter member
17132 posts
Thu Jan-30-20 05:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "I've been following on IG"
In response to Reply # 0

But I'm about an hour outside of LA now and the weekdays don't really work for me, but I'll try and make one sometime regardless.

I've been following and liking stuff on IG though.

Props.

seandammit
6522 posts
Thu Jan-30-20 05:19 PM

2. "RE: I've been following on IG"
In response to Reply # 1

Ah man. Thanks!

We will have some weekend ones coming up in February, doing Dre Day at Echoplex and also locking in a Dilla event too...

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8747 posts
Thu Jan-30-20 08:49 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "My interest is piqued, but would you mind describing the setting and..."
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Jan-30-20 08:50 PM by obsidianchrysalis

My interest is piqued, but would you mind describing the setting and activity?

Thanks.

seandammit
6522 posts
Fri Jan-31-20 02:35 AM

4. "RE: My interest is piqued, but would you mind describing the setting and..."
In response to Reply # 3
Fri Jan-31-20 02:36 AM by seandammit

This event is at Blind Barber, which is a pretty nice speakeasy environment inside of a barber shop in Highland Park. Food and drink. Very chill, not rowdy.

Gameplay takes place on your phone (no app download necessary, we use a URL), you can play in teams or solo. This game is a little different than the regular ones as it is themed, but we generally test everything from general minutia about music/culture to artwork, sample questions, and lyrics.

Skillz recently asked us if he could take the game to Richmond, and we happily obliged. Here's a recap clip to give you a little peek of what it's like:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B79PTxXg6Xy/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

We start the game on time at 9:30pm and usually are wrapped by around 11.

Lobby The Lesson topic #3021782 Previous topic | Next topic