Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3019747

Subject: "sabrina claudio - truth is" Previous topic | Next topic
thebigfunk
Charter member
10465 posts
Fri Oct-25-19 11:38 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"sabrina claudio - truth is"

I know there are some fans around so in case anyone missed it, new album dropped a few weeks ago.

Haven't been able to give it a solid sit-down listen yet but it's at least as good as the other two (which is a high bar to begin with) --- and the title track is a serious problem, no joke:

https://youtu.be/Nv5pIhub9wY

Also, does she not have a single physical release (solo)? Was looking on Amazon and didn't see vinyl or cd for any of her albums...

-thebigfunk

~ i could still snort you under the table ~

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I wish she'd do vinyl for Confidently Lost and About Time
Oct 25th 2019

Hitokiri
Charter member
22096 posts
Fri Oct-25-19 11:58 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I wish she'd do vinyl for Confidently Lost and About Time"
In response to Reply # 0

Those are to me, by far, her strongest projects. The latest two (No Rain, No Flowers and this one, Truth Is) are cool. But those first two, for me, are where it's at though. I saw her in concert a couple weeks ago, and she was much better than I expected her to be. Definitely way better than Alina Baraz (who was terrible), who in my head is a similar artist in that they seems like studio artists, and not necessarily strong singers. But Sabrina sounded really good live (though on stage she has personality of her own, and instead just mimics the generic social media/reality tv "personality"). For some reason she insists on performing near naked... but that's her thing I guess.

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby The Lesson topic #3019747 Previous topic | Next topic