Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3019436

Subject: "mannnnn...why y'all ain't tell me about Eric Roberson????" Previous topic | Next topic
Dstl1
Charter member
56233 posts
Thu Oct-10-19 11:35 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"mannnnn...why y'all ain't tell me about Eric Roberson????"

Obviously, joking...but, damn! I regret all the time I slept on dude. I saw him as just a guy that Phonte rocked with. I messed around and listened to a track of their's called "Picture Perfect". That led to a Youtube quest and now downloading all his stuff on Spotify. Dude is a MONSTER. Damn, I love music. There's always something out there you haven't heard and the journey into it is fun as shit.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
not sure if serious?
Oct 10th 2019
naw, man...I'm dead serious
Oct 10th 2019
Nothing he’s done has ever touched
Oct 11th 2019
thanks, I hadn't gotten to that one yet...
Oct 12th 2019
RE: Nothing he’s done has ever touched
Oct 14th 2019
      ya, i just consider 1 & 1.5 one album
Oct 15th 2019
The song that always comes to mind when he's mentioned...
Oct 13th 2019
bet...thanks
Oct 13th 2019
Youre at the very minimum 15 years late on HERE
Oct 14th 2019
Yeah I don't know how this was made in 2019
Oct 14th 2019
      YEES!
Oct 14th 2019
      pretty easy...
Oct 15th 2019
I appreciate this post...
Oct 15th 2019

Ray_Snill
Charter member
16839 posts
Thu Oct-10-19 04:41 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "not sure if serious?"
In response to Reply # 0

but hey it's cool to discover something dope even if it isn't new. I was the same way about Joy Denalane. I used to always see her CDs out and about but they never screamed 'check me out' but when I did, oh man!! ol girl is stupid dope, and her latest is only in German but it bangs hard

<=========================================
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/PYzh4v9cSf4FDnq3yMQyqNqh79o=/800x0/filters:no_upscale%28%29/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4079674/jlio.0.gif

Dstl1
Charter member
56233 posts
Thu Oct-10-19 05:16 PM

2. "naw, man...I'm dead serious"
In response to Reply # 1

I mean, I was joking around with the post title...but, I legit had never checked dude out as an artist, until a few days ago. I accidentally heard one of his songs listening to Little Brother joints on Youtube.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

fontgangsta
Member since Sep 04th 2005
5467 posts
Fri Oct-11-19 02:16 AM

3. "Nothing he’s done has ever touched "
In response to Reply # 0

The Vault 1.5 for me (I’d love to know what other ppls favorite album is from him tho)
But ya he’s incredibly dope with a pretty ridiculous catalogue at this point

Dstl1
Charter member
56233 posts
Sat Oct-12-19 08:50 AM

4. "thanks, I hadn't gotten to that one yet..."
In response to Reply # 3

been stuck on Mr. Nice Guy.

BlakStaar
Member since May 29th 2002
1261 posts
Mon Oct-14-19 07:45 PM

10. "RE: Nothing he’s done has ever touched "
In response to Reply # 3

Have you heard The Vault 1.0? I ask because I didn't know it existed until after I had already copped The Vault 1.5. Most of the songs are the same but there are some differences.

I really like The Appetizer, although it's considered something like a mixtape and "appetizer" before the "...Left" album rather than a cohesive studio effort. Honestly, it marked the first time I heard his mid-1990s cut circa his Howard U years, "The Moon." Years later, I would see the video on VH1 Soul. LOL!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ4C4TULv_I

--
"Music is not to be possessed; it's to be shared.” - James Mtume

"Just stay loose, keep it raw, and bang ya drums out sometimes." - Madlib

fontgangsta
Member since Sep 04th 2005
5467 posts
Tue Oct-15-19 08:00 AM

11. "ya, i just consider 1 & 1.5 one album"
In response to Reply # 10

since theres all that overlap
ive actually just got them all in my itunes as "the vault" period

Boogie Stimuli
Member since Sep 24th 2010
14026 posts
Sun Oct-13-19 03:59 AM

5. "The song that always comes to mind when he's mentioned..."
In response to Reply # 0

Is "Couldn't Hear Her" which is the sequel to "Couldn't Hear Me" so listen to "Couldn't Hear Me" first if you haven't already. "Couldn't Hear Her" will forever be my jam.

~
~
~
~
~
Days like this I miss Sha Mecca

Dstl1
Charter member
56233 posts
Sun Oct-13-19 01:16 PM

6. "bet...thanks "
In response to Reply # 5

Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Mon Oct-14-19 07:46 AM

7. "Youre at the very minimum 15 years late on HERE"
In response to Reply # 0

We been on him.

@geahuwine

isaaaa
Member since May 10th 2007
30565 posts
Mon Oct-14-19 12:04 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "Yeah I don't know how this was made in 2019"
In response to Reply # 7

Anti-gentrification, cheap alcohol & trying to look pretty in our twilight posting years (c) Big Reg
http://www.Tupreme.com

Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Mon Oct-14-19 01:13 PM

9. "YEES!"
In response to Reply # 8

@geahuwine

Dstl1
Charter member
56233 posts
Tue Oct-15-19 12:50 PM

12. "pretty easy..."
In response to Reply # 8

I even said I only saw dude as Phonte's homeboy. It's not like he's Maxwell and I didn't realize it.

CyrenYoung
Charter member
34204 posts
Tue Oct-15-19 02:40 PM

13. "I appreciate this post..."
In response to Reply # 0

..one of the best things about music discovery is that it doesn't happen all at once. We all arrive at our own pace. Your discovery leads to someone else's (re)discovery.

As a creative, its always cool to be appreciated or recognized for your art. As a friend and collaborator of E-Robe, its cool to see people dig through the discography and enjoy things that we made 15-20 yrs ago.

Happy to see that its aging well.

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...

Lobby The Lesson topic #3019436 Previous topic | Next topic