Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3019259

Subject: "Artists that have websites" Previous topic | Next topic
maro
Charter member

"Artists that have websites"
Tue Oct-01-19 08:32 PM by maro

Was checking for where Elzhi (along with Skyzoo) will be performing live, as another okp mentioned they were on tour. Quickly found their dates via google, songkick, etc. (( side note: sup with them performing only 5 stops in random ass places.. besides a small fanbase and booking issues )).. My point... went to "ELZHI.com", ya know, his official site according to SEO results... and it looks like it hasn't been updated in quite some time. I'm in this field so this shit always bothers me.

His one and only show on the "shows" page only has a day/month listed (no year) and the Call To Action is a typo that says "BUT Tickets Here". Check it: http://elzhi.com/#shows

Commmmon Elzhi!! or Elzhi's management. or the label... or whoever...

I absolutely assumed he would have more oversight... just for the plain fact that dude writes deeply... and perhaps wants to make that money.

Yo - just take the site down if you want to not be hasslin... or at least remove the section that says "show" if you ain't gonna update it. And don't act like he don't remember it's there....

Now I'm curious to see what other artists have that 2016 website still shinnin bright.

werd.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
wutangclan.com
Oct 01st 2019
RE: Artists that have websites
Oct 02nd 2019
I feel like they all abandoned their website for twitter/IG and never bo...
Oct 02nd 2019
I do think this is a big part of it
Oct 02nd 2019
rappcats.com is awesome
Oct 02nd 2019
RE: Artists that have websites
Oct 04th 2019

maro
Charter member

1. "wutangclan.com"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Oct-01-19 08:32 PM by maro

I love that the site leads with apparel. Rza knows how to get that C.R.E.A.M.

werd.

thebigfunk
Charter member
10466 posts
Wed Oct-02-19 11:06 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: Artists that have websites"
In response to Reply # 0

The neglected site is definitely annoying.

Just as annoying is when an artist has had multiple sites (often due to label changes) but old ones aren't taken down, or which one is *actually* updated isn't clear.

-thebigfunk

~ i could still snort you under the table ~

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49420 posts
Wed Oct-02-19 01:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "I feel like they all abandoned their website for twitter/IG and never bo..."
In response to Reply # 0

to take down their website.

Well, all except...

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

thebigfunk
Charter member
10466 posts
Wed Oct-02-19 01:49 PM

5. "I do think this is a big part of it"
In response to Reply # 3

I think a lot of folks who depend more on touring and plan stuff far out still often keep up their websites - a lot of the singer-songwriter type folks I follow keep their websites pretty active, for instance

-thebigfunk

~ i could still snort you under the table ~

A Love Supreme
Member since Nov 25th 2003
3052 posts
Wed Oct-02-19 01:35 PM

4. "rappcats.com is awesome"
In response to Reply # 0

twofifteen
Member since Sep 17th 2019
9 posts
Fri Oct-04-19 03:53 AM

6. "RE: Artists that have websites"
In response to Reply # 0

one of my pet peeves, too. better to not have than to neglect.

doesn't surprise me anymore. some artists aren't nearly as organized as we might think … 

Lobby The Lesson topic #3019259 Previous topic | Next topic