"Ghostface Killah - Ghostface Killahs (New Album)"
had no idea this was even out.
seems like the only time you here about a lot of shit is if you follow the artist on social media.
1. Killah Intro 2. Me, Denny & Darryl f. Method Man & Cappadonna 3. Burner To Burner f. Inspectah Deck & Cappadonna 4. Flex f. Harley 5. News Report (Skit) 6. Conditioning 7. Fly Everything f. Sun God & Shawn Wigs 8. Party Over Here 9. Pistol Smoke f. Solomon Childs 10. Revolution (Skit) 11. New World f. Eamon 12. Waffles & Ice Cream f. Cappadonna 13. The Chase f. Sun God 14. Soursop f. Masta Killa, Harley & Solomon Childs
1. "That's because this is the 1st one he dropped exclusively" In response to Reply # 0
>had no idea this was even out. > >seems like the only time you here about a lot of shit is if >you follow the artist on social media. > through his own website.
I'm not a nostalgic person at all when it comes to music, but Supreme Clientele-era Ghost might be my favorite rapper ever, so it's hard for me to accept how brawny and simple (and sometimes even clumsy) his flows are now... But as for consistency in beats, this album might beat out anything that dropped post-Fishscale.
3. "Finally got a chance to check this out." In response to Reply # 0
So first off.....Ghost's voice sounds fine now. I don't know what happened during the last couple years, but he sounds okay again.
As for the album overall....it's okay. The beats are kinda uninspired (no Def Jam budget, so that's to be expected) and Ghost only ramps up the quality a couple times on the album (The Chase is a standout).
The thing is with the 90s rappers is that sometimes you can tell when they are really trying....or if it's preseason. Ghost does it a lot, and it still sounds like it here. It's like not an album....it's a solid mixtape.
Also, any Ghost or Rae project that doesn't have the other on it just sounds incomplete....too much Cappadonna, too little any other Wu-member.
5. "You’re right!!! His voice sounds great again on most of the songs." In response to Reply # 3
There’s life again in his voice on most of the songs. It’s only a couple where it’s still Goonie-Ghost voice. Now — the content on more songs than I’d like is still Goonie-Ghost which means he’s going through the motions. But at least he’s switching up the flows some on here and the production is pretty interesting throughout, the beats pretty jamming.
This album actually gives me hope that Ghost can still deliver one last incredible album. I wouldn’t even go as far as to say this is even GOOD, it’s aiight... but there’s enough here with his voice back, production, willingness to try different flows that I’m confident with the people around — like I said, we can get one last album that can sit with Ironman, SC, Bulletproof Wallets (OG), Pretty Toney, and Fishscale.
6. "The beats are GREAT at points, that's to be expected on a Ghost album" In response to Reply # 0
He doesn't have the dizzying flow he had on Wu Tang Forever or Supreme Clientale, but his lyrics are really good for the most part though he drops more F bombs (not talking about fuck)than I can remember on any other album he's put out
The Meth and Deck guest verses were high points,Capadonna not so much
R.I.P. Loud But Wrong Guy Dec 29th 2009 - Dec 17th 2017