Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3017651

Subject: "The O-Zone Files: Rare Demos and Unreleased Tracks - O.C. " Previous topic | Next topic
obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8749 posts
Fri Aug-09-19 12:27 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The O-Zone Files: Rare Demos and Unreleased Tracks - O.C. "

Just had a track from this release come across my Spotify playlist (Master Ya High).

Haven't had a chance to listen to all of this. It has a bunch of tracks (~3:30:00 worth) but would be worth a listen for O.C. fans.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I'm Surprised You Just Now Hearing About This Compilation
Aug 09th 2019
I'm all types of late when it comes to new releases
Aug 09th 2019
Listening now. Love 94 O.C. Thanks for the tip
Aug 13th 2019
i think this dropped on wax in the 00's... super dope though!!!
Aug 13th 2019

Dj Joey Joe
Member since Sep 01st 2007
13770 posts
Fri Aug-09-19 10:53 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I'm Surprised You Just Now Hearing About This Compilation"
In response to Reply # 0

It was put out by the same guys (No Sleep Records) who did an unreleased album from Godfather Don, that Buckwild & Celph-Titled collabo album, a bunch of Nick Wiz collections of unreleased produced songs & beats, and an unreleased collection of Beatnuts joints.

What I hated about that label was I had to really hunt them down (special order from your local mom & store, or go online like Fatbeats or UGHH) cause they were pressed up in limited quantities and sometimes you didn't know about it until after it's been out for a few months.

But, yeah that O.C. album has some gems on it, that made you wonder why they a few got left off the first album.

https://tinyurl.com/y4ba6hog

---------
"We in here talking about later career Prince records
& your fool ass is cruising around in a time machine
trying to collect props for a couple of sociopathic degenerates" - s.blak

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8749 posts
Fri Aug-09-19 11:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I'm all types of late when it comes to new releases"
In response to Reply # 1

And if it wasn't for this random track coming up on my playlist, I wouldn't have even looked for it.

But the couple of tracks I've made it through are pretty dope.

spirit
Charter member
21432 posts
Tue Aug-13-19 06:47 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "Listening now. Love 94 O.C. Thanks for the tip"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Aug-13-19 07:03 AM by spirit

Only a few tracks in, but If I had to guess why these were left on the cutting room floor, my guess would be because the songs used on the album had stronger concepts that were better executed (with less cursing), but these are better than a lot of songs I’ve heard lately.

Edit: quite a few tracks further in now, that stretch and Bob promo is golden. That Clear Day OG version is vicious. Maybe held back by sample clearance?

Peace,

Spirit (Alan)
http://wutangbook.com

My_SP1200_Broken_Again
Charter member
57004 posts
Tue Aug-13-19 08:33 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "i think this dropped on wax in the 00's... super dope though!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby The Lesson topic #3017651 Previous topic | Next topic