Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2974509

Subject: "Working on a Saturday. Tell me about your fav local group..." Previous topic | Next topic
jcpoppe
Member since Sep 28th 2010
48 posts
Sat Oct-01-16 10:16 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Working on a Saturday. Tell me about your fav local group..."

It's slow at work right now.

Tell me all about your favorite local indie that nobody knows (hip-hop, rock, jazz, whatever) and give me a link to their Bandcamp, Soundcloud, etc.). I don't care where in the world you are. Hip me to some dope shish. Please and thanks.

I'll start.

My favorite local is AUTOMatic from Milwaukee. Smooth style hip-hop. http://automatic.bandcamp.com

-------------------------------------

My idea of fun at 34 is significantly different from my idea of fun at 24.

"Riggs, I'm getting too old for this shit." - Sgt. Murtaugh

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
DC Metro Area
Oct 01st 2016
In wack ass AZ...
Oct 01st 2016

Mash_Comp
Member since Jul 07th 2003
66714 posts
Sat Oct-01-16 06:40 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "DC Metro Area"
In response to Reply # 0

Some days it's yU, some days it's Oddisee (even though he's in BK now but still reps home), and even Wale has had that spot for me.

But I think my favorite local group is Opus Akoben (Kokayi, Sub Z and Black Indian). I have a close connection with them as Black Indian taught me how to freestyle and Kokayi is like my big brother. But they're so dope, so talented. They're all doing different things now.

www.dumhi.com -- We are ALL dumhi

spidey
Charter member
13119 posts
Sat Oct-01-16 07:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "In wack ass AZ..."
In response to Reply # 0

...which has the saddest music scene of any city I have lived in, the shining stat is Phoenix Afrobeat Orchestra....great sound, huge energy...

http://www.phoenixafrobeatorchestra.com/about/

Integrity is the Cornerstone of Artistry...

Lobby The Lesson topic #2974509 Previous topic | Next topic