Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2953306

Subject: "Sinead O'Connor's version of her scary night with Prince Rogers Nelson" Previous topic | Next topic
supablak
Charter member
7795 posts
Wed Dec-30-15 12:10 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Sinead O'Connor's version of her scary night with Prince Rogers Nelson"

Now...if you've been following Ms. O'Connor on Facebook (which you might, if you're into Nancy Spungen styled train wrecks) you know homegirl is a few crayons short of the handful they give kids in restaurants...but, God Bless Her.

--------------------------------------------starting swipe---------------------------------------------------

Sinead O'Connor
2 hrs ·
Thought would try to lighten the mood since things got so shit around here for a while.. so am going to hope my publishers won't kill me for sharing a funny one chapter of my book (not out until next october) as a little teaser. Each chapter has a song title (in this case the song is Lee Perry's. And is posted below this post.). It is the true story of a night that will live in infamy and I hope one day Charlie Murphy plays me in the sketch.
Disco Devil
Soon as I arrived on my last day, the Kabbalah teacher spun me out the classroom door by my elbow, into the rounded corridor, whispering loudly in my ear “You know fame is a curse and the devil is a gentleman? As I nodded my affirmative, he swung me back in, saying “Don’t forget to leave the party before they all get drunk and start fighting.”
Nine months later my tour has finished and I've rented a house in Los Angeles because I couldn’t go home until after the MTV awards. Spanish looking house halfway up a hill. Beautiful old white plasterwork on the outside. Even a tiny cross at the front door, just like Ireland. I can see the Hollywood sign away to my left when I’m on my patio. Sometimes there are young deers clambering about in the trees to my right.
But one whole wall of the downstairs sitting room is a glass window, facing so that you can see down into the city. At night its like a black frame around the lights of living hell. Every time the dusk comes I get anxious.
I had my bedroom painted purple. I thought “What the hell, you can have a purple bedroom in America, that’s the whole point.” In Ireland you’d never have a purple bedroom unless you were a hooer. And since in Ireland sex is a sin, you can’t be a hooer because you wouldn’t have any customers. So no one has ever had a purple bedroom, apart from Archbishop John Charles McQuaid.
As I’m figuring what to wear one mid-week morning, the phone rings in my room. ‘Effeminate but oddly, irritated male voice asks “Is that Shine-head O’Kahn-er?”
I say “No, this is Sinead O’Connor” just to wind him up. Then I ask him who he is.
He says he's Prince.
‘Says he wants to send a car down for me later, and let’s hang out.
I met him in a club when my first album came out, but we never talked really. We were just getting off on the tunes the DJ was playing. Sly Stone and such.
We haven’t met or spoken since. He didn’t have anything to do with the recording of Nothing Compares 2 U. This call in my purple bedroom is the first time we’ve been in contact in since 1988.
I’m still twenty-three. Me and my friends get romantic ideas. We all thought maybe me and him would fall in love.
At very least we thought me and him would get on well, because the lovely Steve Fargnoli (my manager) had previously managed him, and had first introduced us.
We thought “He must be wanting to celebrate the song doing so well! There’ll be cake! Princes always have cake!.”
I was thrice wrong, and my poor girlfriends fell from agape to aghast, when I told them what went down.
At nine pm I see the proverbial long black limousine slink itself to a silent stop at my gate from the darkness of my bedroom window and imagine I’m in a spy movie, about to be driven to a secret location where I’m gonna be given my next mission.
The proverbial driver with suit and hat is driving. I’m a yapper, so on the way l ask him all about Prince and whats the house like etc. He never says one word. Just looks at me scared every now and then in the rear view mirror, as if I’ve asked him for directions to Dracula’s castle. Very strange. Usually drivers like to chat as much as girls do.
We drive a long time before winding our way up a black-dark hill, at the top of which becomes apparent a large house, very dimly lit. We pull into it’s driveway. The front door is to my right. It seems we’re in a courtyard, beyond which facing me about two hundred feet away, I discern some outbuildings.
I get out of the car and the driver gestures with his head to say I can go ring on the door by myself. This I do. I wait several moments and nothing happens. I ring again and still nothing. I turn round to ask the driver’s head’s opinion as to what I ought do, but he and the limousine have vanished.
Just as I’m realising I have no idea where I am or how to get home in the event no one is in, and that the road is so dark I won’t be able to see further than my eyelashes, the door with a creak opens slowly.
I’m thinking the person behind it is gonna say “You rang?” like in the movies, and be named Igor. Turns out his name is not Igor. But I don’t find that out until later.
Seems like nobody speaks around here, they just use movements of the head. His tells me I’m to step inside and follow him. This I do, observing in his deportment a definite air of ‘Master, Master’ though he’s not quite dragging one leg. His chin is down, his arms are straight by his sides, his shoulders attempt to protect his heart.
Through two enormous reception rooms we roam, unlit but for what little dribbles in from the hallways. In each one, a window, I’d say twenty feet high and ten feet wide,
every millimetre of the glass upon which, was completely covered with several finely applied layers of aluminium foil.
“What’s with that?” I gesture with my head to Igor as he’s turning round to make sure I’m not falling over anything in the dark. He utters the only four words I hear him say in the two times we meet that evening “He don’t like light”.
The second time I meet him his body and being are paralysed with fear.
But for now I’m delivered, oddly to a very well-lit small kitchen, in the midst of which is a small square breakfast bar, around which people could sit if there were stools, and poor Igor makes himself scarce.
Enough minutes go by with no one coming, that I feel safe to quickly peek in the cupboard under the sink to see what cleaning products Prince uses. After all, what woman wouldn’t want her kitchen gleaming like a palace?
Actually its a bit of a mess in there, so I set about sorting it for him. Soon there’s a swoosh sound and a sweet smell from somewhere behind me. I turn round. He’s in the doorway. Ol’ Fluffy Cuffs. Done up like the dog’s dinner.
’Seems like he’s wearing literally all the make up that was ever in history applied to the face of Boy George. 'Looks like I did at Jerome Kearns’ High School Prom.
“You must be Shine-aid” he says. “You must be Prance.” I reply.
The breakfast bar is between us. He doesn’t cross it. The refrigerator is to his right and to my left. “You wanna drink?” he smiles. “Yeah, anything non-alcoholic please.” It being the case I don’t like alcohol because it makes me puke, and puking isn’t a good look for Cinderella. It also being the case my granny taught me to always say please and thanks.
He turns his back to reach up in the cupboard for a glass. Then quick as a flash he spins round and smashes the glass so hard down in front of me that I don’t know how his hand didn’t go through it, saying “Get it yourself."
I’ve seen this before. I grew up with it. I know it like the back of my hand. I start mentally checking for exits without taking my eyes off him.
I realise I don’t know where I am. I never asked for an address. I don’t know how to find the front door. It’s dark. I don’t know how to find a cab. I’m away off up in some hills very far from the highway is all I know. And it doesn’t look like he's got me here for cake.
He commences stalking up and down his side of the breakfast bar, arms crossed, one hand rubbing his chin between his thumb and forefinger as if he has a beard, looking me up and down like a) I’m a piece of dog-shit on the end of his shoe, and b) he’s figuring out where best upon my little body to box me for the fullest effect.
I don’t like this. And I don’t appreciate it. And I don’t appreciate the assumption I’m easy prey. I’m Irish. we’re different. We don’t give a shit who you are. We’ve been colonised by the very worst of the spiritual worst and survived intact.
Accordingly, when he shouts at me “I don’t like the language you’re using in your print interviews.” I say “You mean English? Oh. I’m sorry about that, the Irish was beaten out of us.”
“No.” he says. ”I don’t like you swearing.” I tell him “I don’t work for you. If you don’t like it you can fuck yourself.” This reeeeeeeeeaaaalllly pisses him off. But he contains it. In a silent seeth.
He leaves the kitchen and I hear him call several times for someone named Duane. His voice is further away each time he shouts out so I know I have a moment to look for a back door. No luck. And soon I hear the footsteps of himself and also Igor, returning.
Before they can get to the door I hear him summon me out. I’m to follow him up a few steps into a tiny dining area. This I do. Noticing as I pass Igor that he’s keeping his eyes to the floor, very frightened. His body frozen in subservient stance.
I sit at the table. I'm facing toward the courtyard. Himself is to my left. He shouts a violent order down the few steps to Igor. He wants soup. He asks if I want any. But I really don’t wanna be part of treating Igor badly, so I say I’m not hungry.
Its not well lit at all where we are sitting. Very, very low light. We aren’t saying anything. He’s brooding. He shouts again, and after a while poor Igor shuffles up the steps, carrying a silver tray which is draped with cream linen, upon which stutter two bowls of soup and two spoons.
He is carrying himself as if he’s a battered child about to get beaten again. His hands are shaking and he is cowed as if before a demon. Its the same abject fear I saw my mother induce so often in my little brother. The man looks like he's ready to piss his pants. He also seems woozy, as if drugged.
He stands at the table facing his master. He doesn’t put the tray down. Maybe twenty seconds go by. His head is down. 'Looks like Oliver asking for more.
Then “You may put it down now” says himself. This Igor does. And stands back with his hands held as if there is a cap in them. For some reason I know what’s about to happen.
“Serve Ms O’Connor some soup” himself barks at Igor. “I don’t want any soup thanks” I politely say, patting my belly, looking at Igor as if to say “I’m sure its delicious but I’m stuffed” (just as my granny taught me). Igor’s head doesn’t move but his eyes flash to me and then himself and back to the floor.
Rather like Mrs Doyle in Father Ted, himself then began repeatedly insisting to Igor, that he serve me soup. Only, unlike Mrs Doyle, he spoke in such a demeaning and humiliating manner that poor Igor shook more and begged me with his eyes to let me serve the stupid soup. But every time he moved toward me with the bowl, I held my hands up and said “No thanks.”
Igor knew what was going on. I wasn’t going to be part of humiliating him. I wouldn’t have eaten the soup if my life depended on it. He finally placed the bowl back on the tray and stood holding the lot, not knowing what to do, looking like he was gonna cry.
Silence for some moments. Igor waiting for his lashing. It finally comes. When himself turns his vicious little face to mine, and in a tone normal people would use when discussing faeces, says “This by the way is my brother Duane”.
I’m stunned. And I’m disgusted. That he could treat his brother so badly. I express this as poor Duane fades out of the room. Things get heated.
‘Some point himself decides we need to calm down and he’s going upstairs, I’m thinking presumably to powder his nose and make sure Dorian Grey’s portrait is still ok in the attic.
He comes down with two pillows and says “Why don’t we have a pillow fight?” All smiles and nice. I think “Ok, it wouldn’t be every day that you'd get to have a pillow fight with Prince, what the hell, lets try to make it a fun evening after the shitty start.
Only first thump I get I realise he’s got something in the pillow, stuffed down the end, designed to hurt. He ain’t playing at all.
I get really annoyed. And also really frightened. A few more thumps get exchanged and he goes upstairs again. By this time we’re beside the front door. I open it and run out. The driver is there in the limousine parked, heavily asleep. I don’t want to wake him. But there’s a huge gate, locked. I begin quietly calling for Duane. I run to the right, where the outbuildings are, thinking maybe he lives there.
Next thing a swoosh and a sweet smell, and there’s himself behind me. He orders me back in the house. This is all too familiar for me to accept without protest, needless to say. I wish to leave and am told I may not.
After a while I’m told I may open the front door and tell his driver to take me home. I open the door so that there is some decent light, and say I do not wish to wake the driver, that I would prefer to call a cab. Another temper ensues. How dare I not do as he is telling me. He stomps upstairs again.
Right inside the front door there is a small chair. When he comes back down he throws himself on it, and sits staring at the floor, saying nothing for maybe two minutes. I stand very close in front of him, trying to reason with him about how I really don’t feel very safe right now and would like to be in control of what manner in which I get home.
He lifts his face up to mine, as close as six inches, and stares into my eyes for like ten seconds. From the light through the open door I could see his eyes clearly. His irises dissolve in front of me, so that his eyes go pure white.
They don’t go up. They don’t go down. They don’t go left. They don’t go right. They dissolve. I see it clear as day. I get a cold fear in my stomach. I run out the door again and shake the driver awake though his open window while yelling for Duane.
I hear Duane’s shuffle coming from the vicinity of the outbuildings but before he can get to me, and before the driver has both eyes open, himself has me by the elbow.
He orders Duane to back off, and tells the driver to go to bed. They both do as they’re told.
Himself drags me toward the front door and orders me to stand on the step while he finds his car keys. No way in hell am I getting in a locked vehicle with this motherfucker, so I make a run for it round the left of the building, and get very far in the darkness, about five hundred feet.
I find myself beyond the boundaries of the property. There are some palm trees. I hide myself behind one ad turn my head to the right, to see where he is. Seeing nothing, I take off my outer top, which is light coloured. Underneath I’m wearing black. He won’t see me. He’ll be looking for what I was wearing.
I hear him stomp about at the front of the house. Shouting, but still not knowing how to say my name. All he could do was say ‘Where the fuck you gone?” I hear the ground crunch a little in my direction. But he decides to go back and get in the car.
He drives down the winding hill. I can see him clearly because of the car's lights. They also clarify my pathway enough that I make a move from tree to tree each time he disappears down a bend, until after about half an hour I see the lights of a highway.
By the time I made it all the way down, the sun began making it’s way up. I was relieved. Everything was silver-lit. I trooped along, head hung. Thumbing a lift back to Loz Feliz. Horribly familiar the walk, and the whole experience. I may as well have been in Glenageary. All the time I’m looking to make sure it ain’t him stops to give me a lift.
Next thing it fuckin’ is him. He drives alongside me, rolls down the passenger window and orders me to get in, his left hand limp across his pimp rest. I tell him he can suck my dick. Or some such.
He screeches the car to a halt in the slow lane and gets out. ‘Starts chasing me round the car telling me he’s gonna kick the shit out of me (as if I hadn’t spotted clue one, at ten pm).
I chase him back, and we run around the car for a few moments, him furious not to be able to catch me, me spitting at him like a cat that just had babies.
I’ve been walking long enough that there are now houses on each side of the highway, with driveways of only about six foot in length. I recall my father telling me once, that if ever I found myself in such a situation with a man, I should (after declaring my father is a policeman) ring on someone’s doorbell if possible and get help. And this I did.
I ran around after the stupid bastard enough to observe his pattern. I knew when I’d get my break because he’d have to look to his right for a second before he ran into the road. ‘Soon as he did, I bolted. Up the drive and rang the first doorbell I got to and just kept ringing it.
He jumped back in his car (my father was right). He sat and watched me for a minute as if, in the event of no answer he was contemplating another few laps. But he decided not to take the risk. He doesn’t like light. Someone might have seen him. He turned the car around and sped off. Didn’t bother looking left at me as he passed.
I walked ages more because no one answered at the house. I knew he was gone.
when I got to the first phone box I called my friend Ciara, who was living with me. She came to pick me up. I was about forty minutes drive away from home.
When I told Steve Fargnoli he went berserk. He wants to go round and shoot Fluffy Cuffs. As does another of his Italian American friends. They say I’ve been the victim of an attack which was actually meant to terrorise Steve.
Apparently there’s some legal proceedings going on between he and Prince. I dunno anything about it. I don’t care either.
I just never ever want to see that devil again.
But I think of Duane fondly, quite often.

---------------------------------------------End of Swipe-------------------------------------------------

s.blak
Prince...c'mon, blood...we need your version. Don't sick your goons on OKP/Me/Sinead

keep: looking,searching,seeking,finding

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
don't turn this place into TMZ Playa.
Dec 30th 2015
kick big rocks barefoot, piss gargler
Dec 30th 2015
i believe her, yo.....i dont know why, but i do
Dec 30th 2015
If this is ANYTHING CLOSE to true, I really feel bad for dude.
Dec 30th 2015
Sooo, you believe His irises dissolve into pure white?
Jan 02nd 2016
C'mon dawg...it's a fucking quote from Half Baked
Jan 02nd 2016
i don't believe her. i don't know why
Jan 02nd 2016
My scary night with Sinead O'Connor...
Dec 30th 2015
RE: My scary night with Sinead O'Connor...
Dec 30th 2015
sounded like catshit until the final sentences
Dec 30th 2015
RE: Sinead O'Connor's version of her scary night with Prince Rogers Nels...
Jan 02nd 2016
put in perspective? lol...you straight up dismissed it w/ a false equiva...
Jan 02nd 2016
RE: put in perspective? lol...you straight up dismissed it w/ a false eq...
Jan 02nd 2016
      Hurt Alert...flag on the play.
Jan 03rd 2016
           RE: Hurt Alert...flag on the play.
Jan 03rd 2016
                Your 39th album is wack juice though.
Jan 03rd 2016
                     RE: Your 39th album is wack juice though.
Jan 04th 2016
Jan 02nd 2016
this whole story feels like bullshit
Jan 02nd 2016
Feels
Jan 02nd 2016
Agreed.
Jan 02nd 2016
is it surprising anymore that most of our heroes are fucked up?
Jan 02nd 2016
my lort that was a painful piece of writing
Jan 02nd 2016
seriously
Jan 03rd 2016
      maybe they're in cahoots? & doubling up on the 'crazy'...?
Jan 03rd 2016
      This is the only plausible expanation.
Jan 03rd 2016
           RE: This is the only plausible expanation.
Jan 03rd 2016
      Interesting thing is that the story has grown crazier over time.
Jan 03rd 2016
ol fluffy cuffs
Jan 03rd 2016
Jan 03rd 2016
'Prance' was the point where I laughed out loud.
Jan 04th 2016
I Want To Say I Believe Half Of This But Not All
Jan 05th 2016
Sinead on Arsenio 1991 -video-
Jan 05th 2016
Apparently Arsenio drugged her too.
May 03rd 2016
*rips up pic of Sinead O'Connor on The Lesson stage*
Feb 23rd 2017
haha, how/why did you even find this post to up it?
Feb 23rd 2017
      RE: haha, how/why did you even find this post to up it?
Feb 23rd 2017
           she is stone cold crazy.
Feb 23rd 2017
it was a stormy night....
Feb 23rd 2017
This seems to be the only account of this
Jan 24th 2022
RIP to her son, Shane.
Jan 28th 2022
Man...crazy is real. Lawd.
Feb 01st 2022
I swear I can't find another account of this story anywhere else online....
Jul 27th 2023
All I had to do is google "Prince meeting Sinead" and.......
Jul 27th 2023
But her actual account of the event. Isn't out there as far as I can te...
Jul 27th 2023
It's in her auto-bio, apparently
Jul 27th 2023
So um.... RIP
Jul 28th 2023
Yeah I didn't want to bog down an RIP post with this stuff
Jul 31st 2023

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Wed Dec-30-15 01:32 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "don't turn this place into TMZ Playa."
In response to Reply # 0

this is old and doesn't have a thing to do with the music whatsoever.

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

supablak
Charter member
7795 posts
Wed Dec-30-15 02:15 AM

2. "kick big rocks barefoot, piss gargler"
In response to Reply # 1

you just mad you tapped out after 7 sentences.

s.blak
Ol' Sling Blade Ass maxxx trying to moderate the Lesson?! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

murderbear
Member since Feb 26th 2012
2087 posts
Wed Dec-30-15 09:14 AM

3. "i believe her, yo.....i dont know why, but i do"
In response to Reply # 0

supablak
Charter member
7795 posts
Wed Dec-30-15 09:41 PM

7. "If this is ANYTHING CLOSE to true, I really feel bad for dude."
In response to Reply # 3

I can kind of see it from his "odd sense of humor" with Jay Leno on the tonight show...and the underlying "darkness" hidden in his blatant insincere epic holy holyness and pimpragtootsiepopwithacane-isms during his 90's period.

Dude seriously needs some jeans and to go clubbing with Chris Rock or Chappelle...somebody.

For the record...SHE IS a super religious looney bird also.

s.blak
Arrogant

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49419 posts
Sat Jan-02-16 03:11 PM

8. "Sooo, you believe His irises dissolve into pure white?"
In response to Reply # 3

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

murderbear
Member since Feb 26th 2012
2087 posts
Sat Jan-02-16 07:27 PM

14. "C'mon dawg...it's a fucking quote from Half Baked"
In response to Reply # 8
Sat Jan-02-16 07:29 PM by murderbear

Also, why'd you capitalize *his*?

astralblak
Member since Apr 05th 2007
20029 posts
Sat Jan-02-16 11:28 PM

17. "i don't believe her. i don't know why"
In response to Reply # 3

Paragraphs
Member since Nov 25th 2003
38 posts
Wed Dec-30-15 12:53 PM

4. "My scary night with Sinead O'Connor..."
In response to Reply # 0

princeguy
Charter member
977 posts
Wed Dec-30-15 01:18 PM

5. "RE: My scary night with Sinead O'Connor..."
In response to Reply # 4

Damn. She missed her true calling. Storyteller.

Prince better get ready. They might try to Bill Cosby his ass using this weirdo.

They may try to make him the next black man to demonize, then tear down since he's making so much noise challenging the music business establishment.

Princeguy reviews:

"No pretentiousness.

No pompous re-interpretations.

Sometimes, a movie is just a movie. You work hard for your money.

The decision is yours.

See and enjoy what YOU like."

falafel stand pimpin
Member since Dec 26th 2006
4381 posts
Wed Dec-30-15 02:12 PM

6. "sounded like catshit until the final sentences"
In response to Reply # 0

thats pretty good trolling (in real life mind you) on his former manager. beat her ass with an illegally stuffed pillow lmao.... good shit ol fluffy cuffs.

murph71
Member since Sep 15th 2005
23113 posts
Sat Jan-02-16 04:14 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "RE: Sinead O'Connor's version of her scary night with Prince Rogers Nels..."
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Jan-02-16 04:32 PM by murph71

An old story about Skipper being a utter dick and weirdo?

Nah...I'm good...

Oh...and to put Prince's alleged over the top assholia in perspective. My boy told me this story once about his uncle's son (an aspiring trumpet player) waking up to Miles Davis in the late 80s at an airport. Miles and his crew were just getting off a flight and he was waiting for an assistant to grab his bags. So the kid (no more than 13) walks up to Miles and says...

"Mr. Davis...I'm studying the trumpet. My father plays your music all the time. Is there anything I can do to improve myself as a musician?"

Miles: "Yeah, you can start by getting the fuck out my face...."

Again...the kid was 13. I'm going to moonwalk out of this post now....

GOAT of his era......long live Prince.....God is alive....

supablak
Charter member
7795 posts
Sat Jan-02-16 04:39 PM

10. "put in perspective? lol...you straight up dismissed it w/ a false equiva..."
In response to Reply # 9

Now if Miles invited the boy to a pillow fight...BUT had 7 rolls of quarters in his pillow THEN chased him around a car THEN stalked him in the car...MAYBE.

But right now...you might be caping for 'ol Butcher Dog

s.blak
D-D-DAWG © La-La-La, He-He-He

murph71
23113 posts
Sat Jan-02-16 07:24 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
13. "RE: put in perspective? lol...you straight up dismissed it w/ a false eq..."
In response to Reply # 10
Sat Jan-02-16 07:40 PM by murph71

>Now if Miles invited the boy to a pillow fight...BUT had 7
>rolls of quarters in his pillow THEN chased him around a car
>THEN stalked him in the car...MAYBE.

Miles routinely beat his women, blak.....Like a lot....

>But right now...you might be caping for 'ol Butcher Dog

Caping?...nah...I just don't worship rock stars...I know they r self absorbed assholes for the most part........I do have my limits though....

But on the real, when I first heard that Sinead story it was the funniest shit ever...It was hilarious because it was just about the silliest, weirdo, WTF shit Prince would pull off....

But I guess anything beats pissing on 13 year old girls....Or pimping chicks like Miles did when he was hard on that smack....

Maybe your boy Skipper will finally put on those blue jeans and become normal.....Once he does that he will no doubt start making the music u wanna hear....

supablak
Charter member
7795 posts
Sun Jan-03-16 06:01 PM

27. "Hurt Alert...flag on the play."
In response to Reply # 13

>Miles routinely beat his women, blak.....Like a lot....

This involves another pop star, homie. Stick with the line of reasoning. Or can you?
>
>>But right now...you might be caping for 'ol Butcher Dog
>
>Caping?...nah...I just don't worship rock stars...I know they
>r self absorbed assholes for the most part........I do have my
>limits though....

Oh, so now the problem is "me WORSHIPPING rock stars"? lol...
Hilarious, maybe you'll get to cover the next "celebration".

>But on the real, when I first heard that Sinead story it was
>the funniest shit ever...It was hilarious because it was just
>about the silliest, weirdo, WTF shit Prince would pull
>off....

You thought it was funny?
I remember her insinuating on Arsenio that dude assaulted her. That was, what? 20 yrs ago?

>But I guess anything beats pissing on 13 year old girls....Or
>pimping chicks like Miles did when he was hard on that
>smack....
Better? How misogynistic of you.

>Maybe your boy Skipper will finally put on those blue jeans
>and become normal.....Once he does that he will no doubt start
>making the music u wanna hear....
Are you attempting to "shame" me for being a day one Prince fan?
Dude WAS dynamic musically..then the dynamic parts diminished as he became more of a certified brand diva. So you're mocking my suggestions as a day one fan to lose some of the more opulent pretenses, is just hilarious to me.
I hope your diplomacy is rewarded with even more mediocre releases exclusive to Tidal.

s.blak
May You Live To Like Phase 3

murph71
23113 posts
Sun Jan-03-16 07:08 PM

28. "RE: Hurt Alert...flag on the play."
In response to Reply # 27

Yo dog...I'm wearing some jeans right now...Opening up to my friends and family as we speak...

All jokes aside...Nobody hurt dog....Life is good....Ya know the rest, homie...

supablak
Charter member
7795 posts
Sun Jan-03-16 07:36 PM

29. "Your 39th album is wack juice though."
In response to Reply # 28

s.blak
Must be rock in' Moschinos

murph71
23113 posts
Mon Jan-04-16 04:49 PM

31. "RE: Your 39th album is wack juice though."
In response to Reply # 29

Thumbs up.....

Red07
Member since Oct 19th 2005
482 posts
Sat Jan-02-16 07:12 PM

12. "RE: Sinead O'Connor's version of her scary night with Prince Rogers Nels..."
In response to Reply # 9

i literally just damn near choked on my food

justin_scott
Charter member
19864 posts
Sat Jan-02-16 05:50 PM

11. "this whole story feels like bullshit"
In response to Reply # 0

nothing really feels truthful.

Mgmt
Member since Feb 17th 2005
21496 posts
Sat Jan-02-16 09:34 PM

15. "Feels "
In response to Reply # 11

feels

denny
Member since Apr 11th 2008
11281 posts
Sat Jan-02-16 11:30 PM

18. "Agreed."
In response to Reply # 11
Sat Jan-02-16 11:31 PM by denny

Sinead scares the shit outta me. I respect her artistry and all that....but yikes.

araQual
Charter member
42162 posts
Sat Jan-02-16 10:33 PM

16. "is it surprising anymore that most of our heroes are fucked up?"
In response to Reply # 0

story sounds bunk but still believable (i guess that's the main problem, not whether or not it's the actual truth, but if it sounds like it *could* be true).

yah. i'm no longer surprised that majority of our heroes, in any sphere of public life, end up being deluded, sexually deviant assholes.

V.

---
http://confessionsofacurlymind.com
https://soundcloud.com/confessionsofacurlymindredux
https://soundcloud.com/generic80sbadguy
https://soundcloud.com/miles_matheson

DROkayplayer™

astralblak
Member since Apr 05th 2007
20029 posts
Sat Jan-02-16 11:32 PM

19. "my lort that was a painful piece of writing"
In response to Reply # 0

i hope the editor edits the shit out of this story. fake or not, turrbl writing.

thebigfunk
Charter member
10466 posts
Sun Jan-03-16 07:17 AM

21. "seriously"
In response to Reply # 19

I barely got through it --- I feel bad for whoever has to edit her shit.

Re: plausibility and reality, it's fitting that here we have one of the most egocentric artists whose word and point-of-view is difficult to trust telling a story about another one of the most egocentric artists whose word and point-of-view is difficult to trust... whole thing sounds off to me, like the story's trying too hard.

-thebigfunk

~ i could still snort you under the table ~

araQual
Charter member
42162 posts
Sun Jan-03-16 09:17 AM

23. "maybe they're in cahoots? & doubling up on the 'crazy'...?"
In response to Reply # 21

to sell product?

V.

---
http://confessionsofacurlymind.com
https://soundcloud.com/confessionsofacurlymindredux
https://soundcloud.com/generic80sbadguy
https://soundcloud.com/miles_matheson

DROkayplayer™

denny
Member since Apr 11th 2008
11281 posts
Sun Jan-03-16 10:41 AM

24. "This is the only plausible expanation."
In response to Reply # 23

Imagine Sinead and Prince behind closed doors trolling us?

thebigfunk
Charter member
10466 posts
Sun Jan-03-16 04:56 PM

26. "RE: This is the only plausible expanation."
In response to Reply # 24

Wish that was the case... the reality is much more depressing...

-thebigfunk

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49419 posts
Sun Jan-03-16 04:01 PM

25. "Interesting thing is that the story has grown crazier over time. "
In response to Reply # 21

>I barely got through it --- I feel bad for whoever has to
>edit her shit.
>
>Re: plausibility and reality, it's fitting that here we have
>one of the most egocentric artists whose word and
>point-of-view is difficult to trust telling a story about
>another one of the most egocentric artists whose word and
>point-of-view is difficult to trust... whole thing sounds off
>to me, like the story's trying too hard.
>
>
>-thebigfunk
>
>~ i could still snort you under the table ~

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

makaveli
Charter member
16305 posts
Sun Jan-03-16 01:15 AM

20. "ol fluffy cuffs"
In response to Reply # 0

I enjoyed this.

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

murph71
23113 posts
Sun Jan-03-16 09:14 AM

22. "RE: Sinead O'Connor's version of her scary night with Prince Rogers Nels..."
In response to Reply # 0

Could u imagine the Dave Chapelle skit of this ^^^^^?

That shit would have been epic and Cot Damn hilarious.......

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Mon Jan-04-16 11:48 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
30. "'Prance' was the point where I laughed out loud."
In response to Reply # 0

sounds like someone with a twang in their voice saying his name

Dj Joey Joe
Member since Sep 01st 2007
13770 posts
Tue Jan-05-16 07:24 PM

32. "I Want To Say I Believe Half Of This But Not All"
In response to Reply # 0

>When I told Steve Fargnoli he went berserk.
>He wants to go round and shoot Fluffy Cuffs.
>As does another of his Italian American friends.
>They say I’ve been the victim of an attack which
>was actually meant to terrorise Steve. Apparently
>there’s some legal proceedings going on between he
>and Prince. I dunno anything about it. I don’t
>care either. I just never ever want to see that
>devil again. But I think of Duane fondly, quite often.

I'm not sure how much of this is true and the rest some weird dream she had but that story got really creepy and shit; the part about it being retaliation about a lawsuit seems iffy too.

Oh well it will go down as another story about the purple one's antics.

https://tinyurl.com/y4ba6hog

---------
"We in here talking about later career Prince records
& your fool ass is cruising around in a time machine
trying to collect props for a couple of sociopathic degenerates" - s.blak

supablak
Charter member
7795 posts
Tue Jan-05-16 08:46 PM

33. "Sinead on Arsenio 1991 -video-"
In response to Reply # 0

http://youtu.be/mAf7fGEeRQs
Fast forward to 15:20...

s.blak
she didn't wanna give dude NO energy

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49419 posts
Tue May-03-16 02:58 PM

34. "Apparently Arsenio drugged her too."
In response to Reply # 33

https://twitter.com/kokupuff/status/727294214770405376

MISTA MONOTONE
Member since Jan 30th 2004
58563 posts
Thu Feb-23-17 10:02 AM

35. "*rips up pic of Sinead O'Connor on The Lesson stage*"
In response to Reply # 0

------------------------------------------
latest mixtape:
https://www.mixcloud.com/mistamonotone/music-to-smack-motherfckers-to/

mistamonotone - taboo
http://mistamonotone.bandcamp.com/album/taboo

@mistamonotone
IG: mistamonotone

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Thu Feb-23-17 12:28 PM

37. "haha, how/why did you even find this post to up it?"
In response to Reply # 35

thebigfunk
Charter member
10466 posts
Thu Feb-23-17 06:53 PM

38. "RE: haha, how/why did you even find this post to up it?"
In response to Reply # 37

http://pitchfork.com/news/71821-sinead-oconnor-apologizes-for-saying-arsenio-hall-gave-prince-drugs/

-thebigfunk

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Thu Feb-23-17 07:03 PM

39. "she is stone cold crazy."
In response to Reply # 38

Lol

fuck you.

c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13962 posts
Thu Feb-23-17 12:21 PM

36. "it was a stormy night...."
In response to Reply # 0

you know the kind when the moon is right

and I was chillin' with Prince and Arsenio....

ooh wee ooh wee ooh....

...and if you don't wanna be down with me....

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49419 posts
Mon Jan-24-22 10:22 AM

40. "This seems to be the only account of this"
In response to Reply # 0

Left on the internet.

Original Juice
Member since Oct 03rd 2007
2578 posts
Fri Jan-28-22 04:57 PM

41. "RIP to her son, Shane."
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2022/01/sinead-oconnor-announces-that-her-missing-teen-son-has-died

supablak
Charter member
7795 posts
Tue Feb-01-22 03:13 PM

42. "Man...crazy is real. Lawd."
In response to Reply # 0

I swear...the Steve Fargnoli angle is where she got the battery in her back for dude.
Didn't Fargnoli pass? (Jamie, can you Google that?)

She should've did a record with RZA back then for what it's worth.
She was dope before her jontz was poppin'

s.blak
Hole N Yo' Head... 12"

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49419 posts
Thu Jul-27-23 01:29 PM

43. "I swear I can't find another account of this story anywhere else online...."
In response to Reply # 0

Or maybe because when you google Sinead and Prince all you get is mentions of Nothing Compares to You.

c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13962 posts
Thu Jul-27-23 04:11 PM

44. "All I had to do is google "Prince meeting Sinead" and......."
In response to Reply # 43

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12341285/Sinead-OConnor-feud-prince.html

Sinead O'Connor said Prince became violent after she turned Nothing Compares 2 U into a huge global hit

O'Connor was propelled to stardom by her 1990 cover of Nothing Compares 2 U

She later claimed Prince was furious and retaliated in a rough pillow fight

O'Connor died Wednesday at age 56, seven years after Prince's overdose death
By KEITH GRIFFITH FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 15:52 EDT, 26 July 2023 | UPDATED: 05:56 EDT, 27 July 2023

In a career marked by controversies as well as extraordinary talent, Sinead O'Connor's longstanding feud with Prince stands out as one of the stranger chapters of a troubled life.

O'Connor's death at age 56 was confirmed on Wednesday in a statement from the Irish singer-songwriter's family, who requested privacy and did not disclose a cause of death.

In 1990, O'Connor was first propelled to international super-stardom with her version of Nothing Compares 2 U, a song written and composed by Prince for his side project The Family in 1985.

The iconic music video for O'Connor's version of the song focused almost entirely on a close-up frame of the shaven-headed star singing with tears rolling down her cheeks.

Although Prince publicly praised her version of the song, in various interviews and remarks over the years O'Connor claimed the American artist was furious at her success, and had summoned her to his property in Hollywood for a dressing down.

O'Connor was first propelled to international super-stardom with her version of Nothing Compares 2 U, a song written and composed by Prince

In a career marked by controversies as well as extraordinary talent, Sinead O'Connor's longstanding feud with Prince (above) stands out as one of the stranger chapters

O'Connor at various times claimed that Prince's butler had pressured her to eat soup against her will, and that Prince had challenged her to a pillow fight, but then assaulted her with a hard object concealed in the pillow.

In a 2004 interview, O'Connor backpedaled on the claims, calling Prince a 'sweet guy' and saying the story had been exaggerated in the press.

But after Prince died of a fentanyl overdose in 2016, O'Connor only seemed to step up her verbal attacks against him, telling police investigators Prince was 'into devil worship' and a woman-beater.

'It's not just drugs he was into, it was darkness,' she told investigators from the Carver County Sheriff's Office two weeks after Prince died, in a recorded interview that was later made public.

O'Connor told the investigators, who were probing Prince's death in his Minnesota mansion Paisley Park, that the singer had 'a drug habit for the entire of his life' and 'used hard drugs commonly.'

Then in her 2021 memoir Rememberings, O'Connor went into great detail on the feud, claiming Prince 'terrorized' her in fury after her 1990 cover song.

She wrote that Prince summoned her to his Hollywood mansion, scolded her for swearing in interviews, and harangued his butler to serve her soup though she repeatedly refused it.

She claimed that Prince suggested airing out their differences in a friendly pillow fight, but then assaulted her with 'something hard' slipped into a pillowcase.

As she tried to leave his 'macabre' mansion, O'Connor said Prince physically blocked her and dragged her toward his car, prompting her to flee on foot to a neighboring home and desperately ring the doorbell, at which point she says Prince backed off.

O'Connor at various times claimed that Prince's butler had pressured her to eat soup against her will, and that Prince had assaulted her during a pillow fight

The Irish singer claims there were a number of reasons why Prince allegedly became violent during their meeting.

'Firstly, Prince didn't like people covering his songs,' she wrote in the memoir.

'Secondly, he had all these female protégés and he was annoyed that I wasn't one of them.

'Thirdly, my manager Steve Fargnoli had been his manager and they were involved in a legal case. On top of all this he was a woman-beating ****. I'm certainly not the only woman he laid a hand on.'

Publicly, however, Prince praised O'Connor's cover version, saying: 'I love it, it's great! I look for cosmic meaning in everything. I think we just took that song as far as we could, then someone else was supposed to come along and pick it up.'

It was far from the only feud or controversy in O'Connor's career, however.

She also feuded with Frank Sinatra over her refusal to allow the playing of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' at one of her shows.

In 1989 she declared her support for the Irish Republican Army, a statement she retracted a year later. Around the same time, she skipped the Grammy ceremony, saying it was too commercialized.

Most famously, O'Connor made headlines in October 1992 when she tore up a photo of Pope John Paul II while appearing live on NBC's Saturday Night Live and denounced the Catholic Church as an 'enemy'.

The next week, Joe Pesci hosted Saturday Night Live, held up a repaired photo of the Pope and said that if he had been on the show with O'Connor he 'would have gave her such a smack.'

She also feuded with Frank Sinatra over her refusal to allow the playing of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' at one of her shows

In 1999, O'Connor caused uproar in Ireland when she became a priestess of the breakaway Latin Tridentine Church - a position that was not recognized by the mainstream Catholic Church.

In 2013, O'Connor publicly feuded with Miley Cyrus, after the younger singer paid homage to O'Connor's music video for Nothing Compares 2 U in her own video for Wrecking Ball.

In response, O'Connor published a string of furious open letters accusing Cyrus of 'behaving like a prostitute and calling it feminism.'

'The message you keep sending is that it's somehow cool to be prostituted... it's so not cool Miley. It's dangerous,' O'Connor wrote in one of the letters.

O'Connor announced in 2018 that she had converted to Islam and later adopted the name Shuhada Sadaqat - although she continued to use Sinead O'Connor professionally.

O'Connor was public about her mental illness, saying that she was diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

She posted a Facebook video in 2017 from a New Jersey motel where she had been living, saying that she was staying alive for the sake of others and that if it were up to her, she'd be 'gone.'

When her teenage son Shane died by suicide last year, O'Connor tweeted there was 'no point living without him' and was soon hospitalized.

If you or someone you know is struggling or in crisis, help is available. Call or text 988.

Share or comment on this article: Sinead O'Connor said Prince became violent after she turned Nothing Compares 2 U into a huge global hit

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49419 posts
Thu Jul-27-23 05:10 PM

45. "But her actual account of the event. Isn't out there as far as I can te..."
In response to Reply # 44

It was supposed to be in the book, but she mentions in the facebook post that it didn't make the book. It really only existed in the facebook post and the post was live for a long time but now is gone.

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44717 posts
Thu Jul-27-23 05:35 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
46. "It's in her auto-bio, apparently"
In response to Reply # 43

There are passages about her account of the incident in press run-up for when the book was released.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

Boogie Stimuli
Member since Sep 24th 2010
14016 posts
Fri Jul-28-23 06:22 PM

47. "So um.... RIP"
In response to Reply # 0

Sad she was so depressed over the passing of her son in her last days.

~
~
~
~
~
Days like this I miss Sha Mecca

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49419 posts
Mon Jul-31-23 12:26 PM

48. "Yeah I didn't want to bog down an RIP post with this stuff"
In response to Reply # 47

but there never was an RIP post.

Lobby The Lesson topic #2953306 Previous topic | Next topic