Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2884903

Subject: "Vague/ Abstract bars and your take on them" Previous topic | Next topic
Whittler
Member since May 14th 2014
5 posts
Wed May-14-14 12:50 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Vague/ Abstract bars and your take on them"

You always come across a few bars that seem strange, outlandish, or vague, but can have a way deeper meaning, i.e. Aesop Rock's abstract lyricism.

I want to hear some of your favorites along with your take on it.

"Killers reflect the destiny of the village/ So when twenty count regrets float down, futility spillage/
- Aesop Rock, "Same Space"

The 'killers' could be in reference to military, and 'the village' could be in reference to the world. Aesop is saying that the growing military presence around the world could reflect our future in his point of view, overridden with war and violence. When the "20 count regrets" float along, he means that it's futile to regret the great mistakes that could bring this world to its end. The higher ups may pump out 'I'm sorry' and tell of their regrets, but they just spill futile phrases because they're already stuck in the middle of it all.

Aesop is speaking of how once the Great War that might end this planet starts, there' going to be no way to end it peacefully.

At least, that's how I see it.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
great idea for a thread- I support this
May 14th 2014
RE: great idea for a thread- I support this
May 14th 2014
up
May 20th 2014

Stadiq
Member since Dec 21st 2005
4878 posts
Wed May-14-14 03:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "great idea for a thread- I support this"
In response to Reply # 0

Unfortunately I can't think of any right now to discuss, but I'll be checking back...

Whittler
Member since May 14th 2014
5 posts
Wed May-14-14 04:03 PM

2. "RE: great idea for a thread- I support this"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks,

First post, so I just wanted to post something I had been thinking about for a while

Jon
Charter member
18687 posts
Tue May-20-14 07:54 AM

3. "up"
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby The Lesson topic #2884903 Previous topic | Next topic