Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2850497

Subject: "Where do you rank Big Daddy Kane" Previous topic | Next topic
John Forte
Member since Feb 22nd 2013
15361 posts
Thu Oct-24-13 05:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Poll question: Where do you rank Big Daddy Kane"

I consider Rakim, KRS-One and Kane peers.

Poll result (12 votes)
top-5 (5 votes)Vote
6-10 (2 votes)Vote
11-20 (4 votes)Vote
21-30 (1 votes)Vote
outside the top 30 (0 votes)Vote

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
He's in my top 10
Oct 24th 2013
man 'probably' ain't even the word, still love BDK to death tho
Oct 25th 2013
he should have been a HOF top 3 Ever instead
Oct 24th 2013
11-15 range
Oct 24th 2013
RE: 11-15 range
Oct 24th 2013

Luke Cage
Member since Dec 14th 2005
3047 posts
Thu Oct-24-13 06:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "He's in my top 10"
In response to Reply # 0

I think between he KRS and Ra BDK probably had the biggest and quickest fall from grace. Taste Of Chocolate was just ok and Prince of Darkness was awful. And this wasn't an "old" MC trying to come back this should have been his prime. Rakim was dropping Let The Rhythm Hit Em and Don't Sweat The Technique and KRS was dropping Edutainment & Sex & Violence while BDK was making his worst material so that dropped him from being in that top 1 or 2 spot where I have Kris and Ra.

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Fri Oct-25-13 12:57 AM

5. "man 'probably' ain't even the word, still love BDK to death tho"
In response to Reply # 1

>I think between he KRS and Ra BDK probably had the biggest
>and quickest fall from grace.

And I will always rank him above Kool G. Rap who to me gets the revisionist/influence bump but was not banging out classic rap songs at the same level in that first Golden Era to match those three.

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Thu Oct-24-13 10:46 PM

2. "he should have been a HOF top 3 Ever instead"
In response to Reply # 0

of wasted talent. He was like the Darryl Strawberry of Rappers the tools and skill were all there. this cat could have been the link between Snoop and Scarface because Kane had personna and charisma and he also had that cold way of story telling.

however he never recaptured where he was. i got him 1n the 19-30 rankings. and he ain't seeing no Kool Moe Dee either.

he is a would have, could have and should have been way higher act.

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

Nick Has a Problem...Seriously
Member since Dec 25th 2010
16580 posts
Thu Oct-24-13 10:48 PM

3. "11-15 range"
In response to Reply # 0

Falcons, Braves, Bulldogs and Hawks

Geto Boys, Poison Clan, UGK, Eightball & MJG, OutKast, Goodie Mob

spidey
Charter member
13126 posts
Thu Oct-24-13 11:58 PM

4. "RE: 11-15 range"
In response to Reply # 3

Agreed, super talent, but wack, or borderline wack ish, takes away from past greatness....along with not having anything of quality released in forever, just can't put him in the top 10 anymore.... if we talking Juice Crew cats, I got Masta Ace ahead of him....

Integrity is the Cornerstone of Artistry...

Lobby The Lesson topic #2850497 Previous topic | Next topic