Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2818895

Subject: "Who had more hype when they first came out; Snoop Doggy Dogg or Eminem?" Previous topic | Next topic
gritty
Member since Jan 25th 2013
1574 posts
Fri Jul-05-13 10:52 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Poll question: Who had more hype when they first came out; Snoop Doggy Dogg or Eminem?"

At the peak of their careers, which rapper had more hype surrounding him at the time?

Poll result (8 votes)
Snoop Doggy Dogg (8 votes)Vote
Eminem (0 votes)Vote

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
you're asking two questions
Jul 05th 2013
Snoop Doggy Dogg in a blow out and it wasn't close
Jul 05th 2013
yea, a lot of people were still holding their breath for the em
Jul 06th 2013
Eminem for Peak though
Jul 05th 2013
Snoop, because "Deep Cover" hit people big time
Jul 06th 2013
i'll say this though
Jul 06th 2013
Great feedback, thanks
Jul 06th 2013
Snoop for both questions
Jul 06th 2013

las raises
Member since Aug 31st 2002
14982 posts
Fri Jul-05-13 11:49 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "you're asking two questions"
In response to Reply # 0

I voted for snoop as more hype when starting off. I would have voted for Em on your 2nd question

-----------------------------------------------------------------

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Fri Jul-05-13 11:53 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. " Snoop Doggy Dogg in a blow out and it wasn't close"
In response to Reply # 0

Snoop had folks waiting big time especially after the chronic dropped. that voice and hype no contest

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

DonWonJusuton
Member since Jun 28th 2003
3027 posts
Sat Jul-06-13 12:46 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "yea, a lot of people were still holding their breath for the em"
In response to Reply # 2

debut... i think i was in 7th grade at the time and i remember clearly that the kids were looking forward to SSLP, but there wasn't a frenzy like there was around Marshal Mathers LP/8 Mile/50/G-Unit/Eminem Show.. i remember clowning the debut back then but coming to enjoy it after i understood MMLP..

i wasn't really old enough to grasp the hype around Snoop's debut, but from everything i've read/seen, it seems like his hype was ridiculously high..

mistermaxxx08
16076 posts
Fri Jul-05-13 11:57 PM

3. "Eminem for Peak though"
In response to Reply # 0

nobody has cared about Snoop like that since he went to No Limit.

EM had the pulse and vibe from 99-02

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

johnbook
Charter member
65030 posts
Sat Jul-06-13 12:09 AM

4. "Snoop, because "Deep Cover" hit people big time"
In response to Reply # 0

Eminem had been "the hot white kid on radio shows" that people on the Usenet were talking about, where the buzz remained on that level. The level of success and fame he had came afterwards, and that came from mainstream acceptance and crossover potential.

Even if Snoop was never on THE CHRONIC or had a solo career, he would (and will) forever be remembered for what he did in "Deep Cover".

THE HOME OF BOOK-NESS:
http://www.thisisbooksmusic.com/
http://twitter.com/thisisjohnbook
http://www.facebook.com/book1

http://i32.tinypic.com/kbewp4.gif
http://i50.tinypic.com/hvqi4w.jpg

mistermaxxx08
16076 posts
Sat Jul-06-13 12:39 AM

5. "i'll say this though"
In response to Reply # 0

Snoop Dogg is the only superstar who got played during his peak though no control of his own. Jimmy Iovine pimped that Money on Suge Knight to bail 2Pac out and make Snoop the 2nd face in the house he helped built and then in a sports related move Snoop had bids and ended up on No limit records.

Eminem didn't have to go through that and all he had to do was be creditable and also bring credit on a mainstream level for white rappers after Vannelli Ice. and then Em became an event with each passing album. in a strange form of irony Eminem being White helped his career for his music.

gritty
Member since Jan 25th 2013
1574 posts
Sat Jul-06-13 02:46 AM

7. "Great feedback, thanks"
In response to Reply # 0

Nick Has a Problem...Seriously
Member since Dec 25th 2010
16580 posts
Sat Jul-06-13 09:34 AM

8. "Snoop for both questions "
In response to Reply # 0

Falcons, Braves, Bulldogs and Hawks

Geto Boys, Poison Clan, UGK, Eightball & MJG, OutKast, Goodie Mob

Lobby The Lesson topic #2818895 Previous topic | Next topic