Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2793435

Subject: "WTF, the Horsemen (The HRSMN??) actually put an album out???" Previous topic | Next topic
-DJ R-Tistic-
Member since Nov 06th 2008
51986 posts
Thu Apr-04-13 07:53 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"WTF, the Horsemen (The HRSMN??) actually put an album out???"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Horsemen_Project

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQqarR2v3OY&playnext=1&list=PLZ619ylTeDjCZdpikJyQMh6XRIfCauNTF&feature=results_main

Saw their name in the post about Kurupt, and had completely forgotten about them. They were basically Slaughterhouse before Slaughterhouse, except I didn't know they ever did any full project.

When was it recorded? Sounds like 99-2000 from the few tracks I heard.

------------------------------

50+ FREE Mixes on www.DJR-Tistic.com!

Twitter and Instagram - @DJ_RTistic

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
My impression was it's just a song compilation...
Apr 04th 2013
I don't even remember hearing any songs from them as a group, but
Apr 04th 2013
      I figured it was an odds or sods collection bc there was no promotion
Apr 04th 2013
           I'm listening to it all now, and you can tell these were recorded and me...
Apr 04th 2013
I Was Hoping It Would See The Light Of Day
Apr 05th 2013
I remember seeing this when it dropped.
Apr 05th 2013
Nah, it's pretty damn horrible to me
Apr 07th 2013
no, i actually remember this dropping
Apr 05th 2013

mrshow
Charter member
12567 posts
Thu Apr-04-13 07:58 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "My impression was it's just a song compilation..."
In response to Reply # 0

not an actual album per se.

-DJ R-Tistic-
51986 posts
Thu Apr-04-13 08:14 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "I don't even remember hearing any songs from them as a group, but"
In response to Reply # 1

nawww....these are like official real songs. With all the memebrs chanting "Horsemen" on it, original beats, all that.

mrshow
Charter member
12567 posts
Thu Apr-04-13 08:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "I figured it was an odds or sods collection bc there was no promotion"
In response to Reply # 2

Don't know for sure though.

-DJ R-Tistic-
51986 posts
Thu Apr-04-13 08:25 PM

4. "I'm listening to it all now, and you can tell these were recorded and me..."
In response to Reply # 3

to be a regular album. Doesn't sound like scraps...all has a similar sound and feel to it, feels cohesive at least. Just horrible music though

Luke Cage
Member since Dec 14th 2005
3047 posts
Fri Apr-05-13 01:18 AM

5. "I Was Hoping It Would See The Light Of Day"
In response to Reply # 0

The songs were definitely recorded around the same time for a full album release. I remember them shopping it around to a few labels and if memory serves me correct there was serious talk about it coming out on Aftermath which is ironic since Slaughterhouse eventually came out on Shady. I liked a lot of the songs but I thought they needed a single or two to actually get the album released which is why I think it never had a proper release.

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44719 posts
Fri Apr-05-13 01:50 AM

6. "I remember seeing this when it dropped."
In response to Reply # 0

I ***may*** have a copy of it somewhere, though I don't remember listening to it.

I remember just kinda being through with those dudes by the time the album actually dropped, even though I was a prime member of the target audience for this album when the group was first announced. I mean, by 2003 nearly all of them we either putting out garbage or nothing at all. Canibus was the probably the only non-disappointment by that time; he was coming off two albums that I enjoyed, while Ras Kass had been firing blanks post Soul of Ice, Kurupt hadn't put anything I cared about since 1999, and Kilah Priest had been disappointing since 1998. So I realy couldn't convince myself that it was going to be dope. Eh, I could have been wrong.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

-DJ R-Tistic-
51986 posts
Sun Apr-07-13 07:57 PM

8. "Nah, it's pretty damn horrible to me"
In response to Reply # 6

astralblak
Member since Apr 05th 2007
20029 posts
Fri Apr-05-13 11:10 PM

7. "no, i actually remember this dropping"
In response to Reply # 0

i hated rap so much at that point Mainstream and underground i just mad-dogged the cover when i found it at a little record shop up North

Lobby The Lesson topic #2793435 Previous topic | Next topic