Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2744638

Subject: "You guys messed with Djay on iPad?" Previous topic | Next topic
Invisiblist
Charter member
33760 posts
Sun Sep-30-12 04:38 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"You guys messed with Djay on iPad?"

This shit is gonna cause me to start making mixes again. I love it. It ain't that great for scratching, but I was never a great scratcher. The looping and cue point stuff is at least as good as Final Scratch was back when I was using it around 2005, except it is in one small piece of hardware. Amazing shit.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
here is a good example
Sep 30th 2012
RE: here is a good example
Sep 30th 2012
      Nah, and actually,
Sep 30th 2012

Invisiblist
Charter member
33760 posts
Sun Sep-30-12 04:48 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "here is a good example"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVhMt3O4z1Q

I dunno how he is using it with an external mixer, though

201cue
Member since Jan 04th 2007
2204 posts
Sun Sep-30-12 05:28 PM

2. "RE: here is a good example"
In response to Reply # 1

Do you need the mixer to do everything he's doing?

--------------------------------------
I ain't NEVER seen a hungry, happy muthaf*cka!

Heavy Ro'
Jay Rock - Redemption
Roc Marci - RR2
Travis Scott - Astroworld
Taz Arnold - rAd americA

Invisiblist
Charter member
33760 posts
Sun Sep-30-12 06:36 PM

3. "Nah, and actually, "
In response to Reply # 2

using the external mixer is a workaround. You do, however, need a separate split cable to cue in your headphones against the master volume. What he did there was to put the cue signal on one side of the external mixer, and the master on the other side, which works out some way that I don't really get.

But it works, apparently.

You can get an official external thing, and there are a couple of options to choose from.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=djay

Check for the Numark joints. The pro one is pretty dope, but it costs as much as the damn iPad. Also, apparently the hardware isn't working with iOs 6 yet. But I personally think that an external mixer is a better idea, without having actually tried the setup.

But I've been having plenty of fun with just the ipad.

Lobby The Lesson topic #2744638 Previous topic | Next topic