Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2721757

Subject: "aight so..I want to hear something of significance.....ideas?" Previous topic | Next topic
roderick
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
360 posts
Thu Jul-19-12 01:30 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"aight so..I want to hear something of significance.....ideas?"

whats good. Im open...

just an observation....anyone have an idea of present day Soulquarian music? I mean i may be alienating myself or aligning myself........whatever. But seriously, music that you know that reaches to your soul (soul music), amazing production (ala Jimi Electric Ladyland), funk and lyrics that are not conscious, but conscious and artistic (i.e. Mos Def and Talib Kweli Tony Touch mixtape days...). Just a thought. Feel free to add on. My Atlanta days, experience, and growth are defined by Fertile Ground, FFX N'Jea, Dres Tha Beanik Tuesdays, WE-1, Jessica Care Moore, DJ OX, Antipop Consortium, VINYL JUNKIES (yes the whole crew), Aesop Rock, MF Doom, etc. I know its alot, but inspiration starts from somewhere right? Dilla and Hi-Tek? Dwele and Res ?(i know just one album).........is my head in the clouds?

Now when the last time you seen a bison in a nigga studio....Jay

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
you're welcome (stop on by)
Jul 19th 2012

howisya
Member since Nov 09th 2002
39983 posts
Thu Jul-19-12 10:18 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "you're welcome (stop on by)"
In response to Reply # 0

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2530978&mesg_id=2530978&page=

also, just click around here, people are always posting (about) good music IMO, so there are discoveries to be had...

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby The Lesson topic #2721757 Previous topic | Next topic