Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2715106

Subject: "You can find some great shit on Bandcamp: Elvis Depressedly" Previous topic | Next topic
Delajoo
Member since Jul 30th 2010
1331 posts
Sat Jun-30-12 09:31 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"You can find some great shit on Bandcamp: Elvis Depressedly"

http://elvisdepressedly.bandcamp.com/

Dude from Columbia, SC, reminds me of Neutral Milk Hotel a bit in style, lo-fi recording, like his droning voice. The dude is obviously very talented, I like how he mixes really wimpy computer programmed drums with all the other instruments he can play. check this guy out, don't sleep.

-------------------
village.fm/okayplayer | @delajoo
"Whether you're a rock star or a garbage man, if you think about yourself all the time, you won't be very good at what you do." - Frusciante

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
This is a Coma Cinema side-project, isn't it?
Jun 30th 2012
no idea
Jun 30th 2012
thanks
Jun 30th 2012
'"die in the summertime" originally performed by the manic street
Jul 01st 2012
I've been digging the HELL out of Mickey's Dead
Jul 01st 2012
      cheers
Jul 01st 2012
      thanks again
Nov 04th 2012
           no doubt!
Nov 05th 2012
non-Mat Cothran: Jerry Paper - Vol. I (2012)
Jan 05th 2013

TomWaitsInOkkervil
Member since Feb 07th 2009
1229 posts
Sat Jun-30-12 10:12 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "This is a Coma Cinema side-project, isn't it?"
In response to Reply # 0

Delajoo
1331 posts
Sat Jun-30-12 10:21 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "no idea"
In response to Reply # 1

im listening to them now, i just heard about this dude from theneedledrop website. I love hearing this kind of music coming from my home state, would love to hear about more shit like this from there.

-------------------
"Whether you're a rock star or a garbage man, if you think about yourself all the time, you won't be very good at what you do." - Frusciante

MME
Charter member
11940 posts
Sat Jun-30-12 04:58 PM

3. "thanks"
In response to Reply # 0

I love discovering new music on bandcamp

howisya
Member since Nov 09th 2002
39983 posts
Sun Jul-01-12 03:59 PM

4. "'"die in the summertime" originally performed by the manic street"
In response to Reply # 0

preachers on the album "holy bible".'

oh wow

so which release do you recommend most?

Delajoo
1331 posts
Sun Jul-01-12 08:26 PM

5. "I've been digging the HELL out of Mickey's Dead"
In response to Reply # 4

And also Coma Cinema - Blue Suicide.

Going to go deeper, and see what else this dude has done, apparently worked with the bassist of Toro Y Moi's touring bands on this side project called Gremlins.
http://gremlins.bandcamp.com/album/gremlins

-------------------

howisya
39983 posts
Sun Jul-01-12 08:28 PM

6. "cheers"
In response to Reply # 5

and yeah, you can definitely find some cool/interesting stuff on bandcamp... consequence lost

howisya
39983 posts
Sun Nov-04-12 06:28 PM

7. "thanks again"
In response to Reply # 5

i really like the 2 coma cinema albums. they sound different but gave me the same feeling as when i first heard the first 2 eels albums a long time ago. i also like 'mickey's dead.' it felt like what would have been made *before* those 2 coma cinema albums rather than after, but the songs are undeniable. i'm going to listen to the other ones next.

Delajoo
1331 posts
Mon Nov-05-12 07:07 AM

8. "no doubt!"
In response to Reply # 7

one of my most played albums from this year is still Mickey's Dead. this dude is just a wizard, but not in a flashy way at all. and hes from SC, so you know im bout it bout it.

glad you liked it, spread good music!

-------------------

howisya
39983 posts
Sat Jan-05-13 06:12 PM

9. "non-Mat Cothran: Jerry Paper - Vol. I (2012)"
In response to Reply # 0

really peculiar lo-fi release...
http://jerrypaper.bandcamp.com/

Lobby The Lesson topic #2715106 Previous topic | Next topic