Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2707358

Subject: "whats your favorite Era of Diana Ross?" Previous topic | Next topic
mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Thu Jun-07-12 03:41 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"whats your favorite Era of Diana Ross?"

she was Black Music Royality back in the day, the Supremes were the "IT" Girl Group and then Diana Ross Solo Career was something else as well, however which era of her do you dig best and why?

also she had some interesting moments in her solo career as well and she tried alot of different styles.

which era of her's do you dig the best and why?

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
early 70's Diana
Jun 07th 2012
everything through The Boss album.
Jun 07th 2012
thank you MM for that because you represent the D and
Jun 07th 2012
Brown Baby
Jun 07th 2012
that song is so insane - 70's magnificence
Jun 07th 2012
love that arrangement
Jun 07th 2012
      from the lyrics to the arrangements....
Jun 07th 2012
197 thru 1980 From Surrender through Diana....
Jun 07th 2012

c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13981 posts
Thu Jun-07-12 10:20 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "early 70's Diana"
In response to Reply # 0

not all the songs, but certain of those 70-73 Diana songs give me something that is quite satisfying for a true 70's fanatic.

MISTA MONOTONE
Member since Jan 30th 2004
58563 posts
Thu Jun-07-12 11:27 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "everything through The Boss album."
In response to Reply # 0

i just got into the Surrender album last year and i played the stone cold shit out of it! her along with Ashford & Simpson is straight magic.

she rarely gets the respect/accolades she deserves, but Diana Ross was REALLY, REALLY running things and she did so for a very long time. i think her personal life and her diva attitude (& the perception of her diva attitude) probably turned a lot of people off.

in the grand scheme of things, she's not a vocal powerhouse like Aretha or Patti, but she has classics nonetheless. she's not really gonna get her due until she passes, i suspect. damn shame, because she was IT.

props for this post...i've been meaning to make one for a long time.

------------------------------------------
latest mixtape:
https://www.mixcloud.com/mistamonotone/music-to-smack-motherfckers-to/

mistamonotone - taboo
http://mistamonotone.bandcamp.com/album/taboo

@mistamonotone
IG: mistamonotone

mistermaxxx08
16076 posts
Thu Jun-07-12 12:21 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "thank you MM for that because you represent the D and "
In response to Reply # 2

its good to hear from her home base directly and call it a romance of back in the day, however their was always something about her music and vibe that just takes me back and always felt good and lite on the feet.

dare i say as big as she was and Important she is almost Unsung in some strange sort of way and she stays out of the spotlight and keeps a low profile.

however her stuff with Ashford and Simpson through Rodgers and Edwards was classic IMO and the Woman can still rock a stage and she never gets enough credit for that and to me She is the Ultimate Stylist,despite not having that powerful of a voice, you can put any style of music behind her and she will knock it out of the park.

She is a Female Mount RUshmore Artist IMO. one of the 5 most Important Female Artists Ever IMO.

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

briwil25
Member since Apr 14th 2003
12781 posts
Thu Jun-07-12 11:43 AM

3. "Brown Baby"
In response to Reply # 0

That is all.

c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13981 posts
Thu Jun-07-12 01:07 PM

6. "that song is so insane - 70's magnificence"
In response to Reply # 3

yes

mistermaxxx08
16076 posts
Thu Jun-07-12 01:25 PM

7. "love that arrangement"
In response to Reply # 3

great pick man. peace

briwil25
Member since Apr 14th 2003
12781 posts
Thu Jun-07-12 03:55 PM

8. "from the lyrics to the arrangements...."
In response to Reply # 7

That's the one joint she doesn't enough get credit for.

Laid back Marvin groove.
Marvinisims are thrown in here and there on that one.

Warren Coolidge
Charter member
41998 posts
Thu Jun-07-12 12:03 PM

4. "197 thru 1980 From Surrender through Diana...."
In response to Reply # 0

to me that would be her strongest period of work.

Folks should also really check out her live album from 1977...An Evening with Diana Ross...that pretty encompasses all her styles up to that point....

Lobby The Lesson topic #2707358 Previous topic | Next topic