Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2695900

Subject: "interesting observation on "THE CLOUD" (vis-a-vis jaylibs THE RED)" Previous topic | Next topic
howardlloyd
Member since Jan 18th 2007
2729 posts
Mon May-07-12 05:48 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"interesting observation on "THE CLOUD" (vis-a-vis jaylibs THE RED)"

so...

i bought the cloud...cuz i wanted to consolidate musics on two different computers and so i could stream it all to the iphone.

so...listening to the jaylib album and "the red" comes on...and i'm like wait...this aint the fucking beat

go to spotify... the same version is there

get home...go on my computer the version i remember is there.

do a lil research...seems stones throw got hit with the cease and desist and had to change on the reissue...

a lot of power these controllers of "the cloud" have...THEY CAN CHANGE THE DAMN CONTENT

i know they just "matched" the song titles and didnt upload my version and then change it...but had i copped CHAMPION SOUND via ITUNES...

that original would be gone for me forever...

shady times...

http://howardlloyd.bandcamp.com

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Yep! When it comes to ''the cloud'' I'm the old man in the woods
May 07th 2012
f*ck it
May 08th 2012

Ishwip
Member since Jun 10th 2005
19953 posts
Mon May-07-12 06:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Yep! When it comes to ''the cloud'' I'm the old man in the woods"
In response to Reply # 0

Sh*t isn't all peachy and sweet as "THEY" (lol) want you to believe, don't care what NObody says!

I feel the same with anything where you pay for "unlimited access" to stuff that at the end of the day isn't yours. If the content owners start beefing with the providers or decide they want to take their business elsewhere, all of a sudden you can't listen to that album or watch that movie.

To me, stuff like the cloud or streaming services are cool as a supplement or in certain cases, but I'll never toss everything up in the cloud and trust that it'll be safe forever.

__
I don't like the beat anymore because its just a loop. ALC didn't FLIP IT ENOUGH!

Flip it enough? Flip these. Flip off. Go flip some f*cking burgers.(c)Kno

Allied State of the National Electric Beat Treaty Organization (NEBTO)

howardlloyd
Member since Jan 18th 2007
2729 posts
Tue May-08-12 07:49 AM

2. "f*ck it"
In response to Reply # 1

its all on youtube anyway....

smh.

http://howardlloyd.bandcamp.com

Lobby The Lesson topic #2695900 Previous topic | Next topic