Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2691840

Subject: "Hiphop was taken over by the CIA - Eazy E = Freeway Rick" Previous topic | Next topic
Artful Dodger
Member since Nov 20th 2009
8361 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 12:03 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Hiphop was taken over by the CIA - Eazy E = Freeway Rick"
Fri Apr-27-12 12:05 PM by Artful Dodger

there is a popular belief emerging that Eazy was coerced into pushing the gangster lifestyle to the youth. The belief is that just like the CIA approached Freeway Rick Ross (the real one, not the fat, bearded actor from CB4 in Florida) to push a new form of cociane in the black community - crack.

Perhaps this started cause the music industry went from signing artists who were promoting afrocentrism and political activism...
to artists pushing the gangbanger life style, the dope boy lifestyle.

At this time, Private Prisons were on the rise, the war on Drugs was put into effect by previous CIA director now VP George Bush Sr.

Or it could have started by the infamous Vibe Magazine interview with Easy shaking hands with George Bush Sr. When asked about it.. he said that he was invited to a fundraiser - cause of course all emerging gangbanging, drug dealing on wax rappers are - especially by one of the most conservative presidents around who initiated the chain reaction/slave institution of the War on Drugs.

As a result, more and more people are likening NWA to a group of coons and sell outs who merely pushed the manual of death to the young black youth - whereas their contemporaries were headed in the opposite direction.

Now most record labels are offices - there are budgets, people have to sign off, there are emails and memos. There are meetings and professional with degrees in Marketing, Sales, Public Speaking etc.

First, what other artform has (since Eazy E) promoted... guns? Selling cocaine on wax? Explaining how to make crack? Promoted prison time like a badge of honor? Killing? With song titles like Black Nigga Killa... um...
With videos of black gangsters rolling around to kill others.

Add in the surge of gang initiations activities and areas that had no gang issues then, now populated with a wealth of them now.

I argue on a personal note - while we took great offense at the death of Trayvon Martin - why haven't we called a devil a devil in this case?

Lastly - there is a memo floating around on FB/Twitter - ya know - and while I don't think anyone can actually prove the letter authentic and while I personally think it's fake - it explains the details of a music exec in the 80's who were approached by higher ranking executives to meet with the CIA or CIA Types to do this very act in an effort to fund privatized prisons (something Bush Sr is apart of/Cheney too) and of course (heart tug) this would balance the American economy headed for the shitter.

*shrugs*

How do you feel about this?
Joke?
Serious?
Have no idea could care less?

Now East Coast - think of it this way - we went from calling one antoehr 'brother' and 'sister' to 'niggaz' and 'bitches'...
so what else did we change?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Not surprising they did the same thing with the hippies in the 60's
Apr 27th 2012
Oh I know and while many people play dumb - it was true they did
Apr 27th 2012
while all the items can be debated the one item that cannot
Apr 27th 2012
ppl always looking for a grand conspiracy
Apr 27th 2012
haha.. true but that's a lazy ass answer fam & that picture
Apr 27th 2012
      correlation doesn't mean causation
Apr 27th 2012
           I hear you - but you glossing over 20 years of results.
Apr 27th 2012
                RE: I hear you - but you glossing over 20 years of results.
Apr 27th 2012
                     So a conservative right winger invites a gang banger to a fundraiser?
Apr 27th 2012
                     RE: So a conservative right winger invites a gang banger to a fundraiser...
Apr 27th 2012
Apr 27th 2012
                     Right - but then you invite them to a fundraiser? SEe this has all
Apr 27th 2012
Apr 27th 2012
Apr 27th 2012
Apr 27th 2012
                                    Well the key is no matter how you slice it - it doesn't make sense
Apr 27th 2012
                                    they do it so smart guys like you point it out...
Apr 28th 2012
                     You can downplay it all you want but it is that complicated.
Apr 27th 2012
                          RE: You can downplay it all you want but it is that complicated.
Apr 27th 2012
                               Common sense arguments, right there
Apr 27th 2012
                               But it doesn' stop with you not seeing evidence. hahahaha...
Apr 27th 2012
                     JFK hadsemi-public mob ties
Apr 27th 2012
                     bringing up crime statistics is laughable if...
Apr 28th 2012
RE: Hiphop was taken over by the CIA - Eazy E = Freeway Rick
Apr 27th 2012
Nah - not when your presenting art to ppl who's life isn't that.
Apr 27th 2012
RE: Nah - not when your presenting art to ppl who's life isn't that.
Apr 27th 2012
No I'm not suggesting anything actually lol
Apr 27th 2012
when did "society" demand high fructose corn syrup...
Apr 28th 2012
Africa is huge as f^ck lol at "people in Africa". Do you have a cite
Apr 27th 2012
      In my travels to Africa, WAfrica, East Africa - and speakign with
Apr 27th 2012
      And this has actually changed those areas for better? for worse?
Apr 27th 2012
      RE: And this has actually changed those areas for better? for worse?
Apr 27th 2012
      Yes... actually it does. The youth are imitating their fav rappers.
Apr 27th 2012
      RE: http://bit.ly/6BQz02
Apr 27th 2012
      Ghana, Accra/ Kenya, Nairobi/ Dakar, Senegal
Apr 27th 2012
it works both ways
Apr 28th 2012
RE: ILLUMINATI!!!
Apr 27th 2012
haha... hardly
Apr 27th 2012
We Are The They
Apr 27th 2012
oh is that what CIA stands for?
Apr 28th 2012
Drugs have a much larger impact on the state of a community than
Apr 27th 2012
What? I mean we know the impact of drugs... but music is influential.
Apr 27th 2012
Ok I just took the time to watch your Avy - Kudos. LOL!!!
Apr 27th 2012
what is this kindergarten all or nothing logic?
Apr 28th 2012
eazy e wasnt the first gangster rapper...so why him?
Apr 27th 2012
No he wasn't - trust that's a great question
Apr 27th 2012
is there a rule that only the first of something can be used...
Apr 28th 2012
stupidest post ever.
Apr 27th 2012
RE: stupidest reply ever.
Apr 27th 2012
      no, seriously.
Apr 28th 2012
           you're kidding, right?
Apr 28th 2012
                am i?
Apr 28th 2012
                     oh but the incarceration rates have skyrocketed, my genius friend
Apr 28th 2012
                     lulz!
Apr 28th 2012
                          post 47
Apr 28th 2012
                          I just realized that you equated rising incarceration to rising crime
Apr 28th 2012
                     where are you getting these 'stats' from?
Apr 28th 2012
Found an interesting article on this subject
Apr 28th 2012
and from the highly reputable mindcontrolblackassassins blog!
Apr 28th 2012
So you dismiss them completely?
Apr 28th 2012
      They also dismiss the LA Times, Washington Post, And Vibe
Apr 29th 2012
RE: Found an interesting article on this subject
Apr 28th 2012
the whole "Eazy E at the White House" thing is a bit skewed.
Apr 28th 2012
Eazy was on a list of people who donated to charity
Apr 28th 2012
      and there ya have it.
Apr 28th 2012
      And he only did so as a publicity stunt. He wasn't a Bush supporter
Apr 28th 2012
      Would you happen to have said list? Or access to it?
Apr 28th 2012
CIA? You mean Ice Cube's 1st group?
Apr 28th 2012
O'Shea has been well rewarded for his efforts on the agency's behalf
Apr 28th 2012
Rearrange the letters to CIA to AIC
Apr 28th 2012
FOH n/m
Apr 28th 2012
Do people seriously believe this type of stuff?
Apr 28th 2012
Anybody interested in a REAL history of West..
Apr 28th 2012
Of particular relevancy to this post is....
Apr 28th 2012
Eazy E and President Bush only met because
Apr 29th 2012
Ha best answer yet. Yes. Yes that makes sense. lol
Apr 29th 2012
What?
Apr 29th 2012

Yank
Charter member
24509 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 12:10 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Not surprising they did the same thing with the hippies in the 60's"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Apr-27-12 12:11 PM by Yank

Operation Chaos

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_CHAOS

Replace crack with heroin/LSD

Lies run sprints.
Truths run marathons.

Artful Dodger
8361 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 12:13 PM

2. "Oh I know and while many people play dumb - it was true they did"
In response to Reply # 1

they have done it in a number of eras to infiltrate cirlces and to influence folks. Take jazz, it was considered 'militant' music.

Artful Dodger
8361 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 12:18 PM

3. "while all the items can be debated the one item that cannot "
In response to Reply # 1
Fri Apr-27-12 12:19 PM by Artful Dodger

is that picture of Eazy E and George Bush giving 'the' handshake.

Why would George Bush Sr.'s people invite Eazy E to the whitehouse?

Fundraiser or not... it makes zero sense.

Hell with all of JayZ's success and him being Obama's fav rapper..
if he were invited that would make sense. Although it shouldn't happen.. hell invite the leader of a country that can make change - let the entertainers keep they asses in their places.

In this case... it makes zero sense...

total opposites
extremes on every level.

After that the record industry was only signing gun toating thugs.

Who remembers Bangin on Wax? Funeral footage in the videos?
Labels encouraged artists to bring guns in the the office - for PHOTO Shoots. Think of how absolutely insane that is.

There is no other artform outside of the blockbuster summer movies (and they use fake guns) that encourages artists in this case musicians, to bring guns with them and use as apart of thier image.

Be one thing if one group did it as a gimmick but this became the culture and the standard?

This whole "I shared my life so you don't have to go through that"

Really? Those are my only options - 'your life experiences'. Great.
Now what happens when an Olympic swimmer feels that way... hours and hours of discussions on training and what's horrible about it?

Whatever.

SMH.

k_orr
Charter member
80197 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 12:20 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "ppl always looking for a grand conspiracy"
In response to Reply # 0

cause the alternative is far worse.

one
k. orr

Artful Dodger
8361 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 12:25 PM

5. "haha.. true but that's a lazy ass answer fam & that picture"
In response to Reply # 4
Fri Apr-27-12 12:38 PM by Artful Dodger

that piss poor excuse he gave in Vibe Magazine.

I mean it's not a conspiracy, he spoke on it. Vibe had the pic in the article. Now if you can give anyone a great answer as to why he, out of all the others was picked - I'm all ears.

I would maintain that sometimes folks like a quick answer - oh that's niggaz for you - as oppossed to doing any sort of critical analysis.

This isn't some random tangent.

Stats are on the side of those who believe this.

Jails - surging.
Drugs in our community - peaked

Music can influence, deny it all you want, but it's true.

I do like your last statment tho - dead on

"cause the alternative is far worse"

haha kinda real fam

k_orr
Charter member
80197 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 12:38 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "correlation doesn't mean causation"
In response to Reply # 5

>This isn't some random tangent.
>
>Stats are on the side of those who believe this.
>
>Jails - surging.
>Drugs in our community - peaked
>
>Music can influence, deny it all you want, but it's true.

If you want to get your google on, you can see that all the badness and what not has fallen off as gangsta rap and its derivatives have become the mainstream.

All these cats moving all this white, where are the crack heads?

But this is just like the willie ass lynch private prison letter circulating right now.

one
k. orr

Artful Dodger
8361 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 12:45 PM

8. "I hear you - but you glossing over 20 years of results."
In response to Reply # 6

I know what you mean tho - but that same attitude is what's presented when folks talk about the CIA bringing crack in.

Here you have Freeway Rick who gave up dates, names, times and locations. Told how it worked, who approached him and why.

Now I know that street niggaz see shit regular niggaz don't. Evil cops, murdering ass cops, hustling ass cops.

To the average person that's TV. To the right person that's real life.

In Eazy's case you still haven't explained to me, why would George Bush Sr invite him to the White House.

? Thoughts on that?

I mean... if everytime a critical analysis came up and we just shrugged and said "niggaz" then it's more than likely that same item, if true mind you, will happen again. And again. Cause that would mean we are merely being lazy. Feel me?

COOLEHMAGAZINE
Member since May 22nd 2007
5563 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 12:58 PM

10. "RE: I hear you - but you glossing over 20 years of results."
In response to Reply # 8

You get invited to those things because you have contributed money and/or people think you have the capacity to contribute more of it.

If there was a conspiracy to have gangster rap corrupt the youth into criminal mindsets, it failed. Crime in the U.S. and in Black American communities was at a high point in the 70's and 80's, long before Eazy-E was shaking anyone's hand.

Why do people think that you need a conspiracy to get people to enjoy violent and sexually charged entertainment? Why do they think you need a conspiracy in order for poor people to resort to crime and secondary economies? Are there CIA-rap conspiracies in Sicily? South Africa? Venezuela? Mexico? DC was one of the most violent places in America in the early 90s and y'uns were listening to Go-Go not rap.

This shit is silly and insulting to black people's intelligence.

I'm from the lost black tribe of Israel, the Yos

http://coolehmag.com/frontEnd/

Artful Dodger
8361 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 01:00 PM

12. "So a conservative right winger invites a gang banger to a fundraiser?"
In response to Reply # 10
Fri Apr-27-12 01:06 PM by Artful Dodger

You don't see how this is strange?

What other cat besides Eazy with his attributes have been invited to the white house by conservative Republicans who have always pushed to cutting social service programs and pushing privatized jails??

MOP?
Mobb Deep?
Tupac?

Also Eazy was really in the streets - them other cats were rappers and actors.

I mean... that doesn't answer the question.

He explained they sent him the invite for the fundraiser - he had not contributed anything.

Nowhere does anyone say the black community was void of crime and drugs... no if anything there is a string you are ignoring.

If freeway rick was hand picked to push a new drug -
it's not a wild assumption to assume the covert take over of hiphop -our most influential and powerful tool of art to date.

Were we not calling it the CNN for black folks?

I'm not saying i agree with this conspiracy, all I'm saying is I'm not going to act as if I have all the answers in life and write it off.

COOLEHMAGAZINE
5563 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 01:46 PM

19. "RE: So a conservative right winger invites a gang banger to a fundraiser..."
In response to Reply # 12

Freeway Rick was not handpicked to sell some new drug lol. Simple economics. Cocaine was getting cheaper, thus more pure, and cooking it into adulterated freebase gave you a cheap product that could compete with heroin amongst low income drug users.

You think Ollie North and his cohorts sat around figuring out how to cook crack and what neighborhoods it would sell in? They were pretty busy with what they were doing and not only that but they got caught and embarassed themselves and REagans presidency. Some grand conspiracy...

Jerry Heller and/or Eazy must have contributed money to the Republicans. That's how you get invited to these things. GW Bush, etc, especially in a pre-internet world had no idea who he was and likely, didn't much care. It's a fucking fundraiser! You need money, If someone objectionable is there you dont even want to know about it and if its uncovered you claim you never knew and return the money, if there was any.

It is really not that complicated.

Also, if you have some grand conspiracy to use Eazy E to corrupt black youth...why invite him to a White House fundraiser and shake his hand???????

Couldn't some "men in black" have just showed up at his office/home/supermarker aisle and given him an envelope with cash and/or blackmail photographs? Couldn't some random white guy have started playing ball on the same court, i.e. Belly?

What kind of Skull & Bones masterminds decide to hatch nefarious secret society plans involving a gheri curled street criminal who you intend to use as an unwitting patsy before secretly infecting him with a deadly virus...then invited him to an official fundraiser and shakes his hand on camera????

Occam's razor, ock

howardlloyd
Member since Jan 18th 2007
2729 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 02:19 PM

24. "RE: So a conservative right winger invites a gang banger to a fundraiser..."
In response to Reply # 19

lol @ pre Internet bush didn't know who he was.

NWA was under FBI watch for "fuck the police"

everybody knew who NWA and 2 Live crew were. even people who didn't listen to rap.

http://howardlloyd.bandcamp.com

Artful Dodger
8361 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 02:29 PM

25. "Right - but then you invite them to a fundraiser? SEe this has all"
In response to Reply # 24

kinds of political firestorms with it..

you are right and thanks for reminding me

open FBI File
Fuck the Police
feds watching them and Ice T at the time on the road.

So the natural thing to do is invite the founding member to dinner for a fundraiser at $1000 a plate. Take a picture with said gangbanger and keep it moving.

Yeah no reason for politicians to be all over that.

haha.

COOLEHMAGAZINE
5563 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 02:54 PM

31. "RE: So a conservative right winger invites a gang banger to a fundraiser..."
In response to Reply # 24

So...you think the President of the United States is reviewing minor FBI files on rap groups? Really? And then knows what they look like in person?

I guess I have a completely different idea of how fundraisers work, who gets invited and how big a celebrity has to be for a sitting president to know them on sight.

howardlloyd
Member since Jan 18th 2007
2729 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 03:51 PM

33. "RE: So a conservative right winger invites a gang banger to a fundraiser..."
In response to Reply # 31

you werent around then...

i can tell

everyone knew who NWA was...

it be like saying "obama knows who some teenager killed by a racist in florida" lol...

it was ubiquitous...

dont they do security checks for people thats gonna be in the vicinity of the prez???

and i'm not going as far as dodger (cant dismiss what he's saying) but... u thinking bush didnt know who NWA or eazy e was...is just stupid

http://howardlloyd.bandcamp.com

COOLEHMAGAZINE
5563 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 04:14 PM

35. "RE: So a conservative right winger invites a gang banger to a fundraiser..."
In response to Reply # 33

My mother had no idea who NWA was. I am 36 years old.

The idea that GW Bush knew what Eazy E looked like is honestly ridiculously laughable.

I kinda doubt that he knew what Hammer looked like.

Security check? You think Eazy E and Jerry Heller posed a security risk?

Okay, so please, someone answer my question. This cabal has a nefarious secret plan to use this black former street criminal and rapper Eazy E as a jumping off point to further subjugate the black community, right? They engineer a backroom deal to have him portray certain ideas and popularize them, all the while knowing that they intend to do away with him once the plot is done, right?

So after all this conspiring...then they invite him to a White House reception and take photos with him?????????

WHY?????????

Why would Bush ever even be in the same room with him? How are they so smart that they puppeteer all of these things but fail at the simplest things, like avoiding being publicly linked to your patsies in ways that you may struggle to explain. How does this make sense?

Artful Dodger
8361 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 05:55 PM

38. "Well the key is no matter how you slice it - it doesn't make sense"
In response to Reply # 35

you asked the million dollar question right there

why is Eazy E in the same room as George W. Bush?

I'm still waiting on someone to make sense out of just that.

Cats saying I wasn't around, it's stupid - whatever - doesn't really matter cause that does nothing for the conversation.

The real question is the effects a group like NWA had..

ask yourself this..
before NWA..

it was about Hiphop - rhyming, breaking, djing, graffiti.

Sure there were trends, BBoy trends, afrocentrism. Mainly on the East Coast so called 'conscious' rap led folks in a social direction, a political one, and in some regards a spiritual one. Fake or not.

Then post NWA - all the things going on out West suddenly started happening out east. Heads were shocked when they saw them, heads weren't dressing or talking like that. That changed.

Labels changed - I mean you can deny this all you want but if heads don't realize those basics in the convo then it's likely they weren't there.

I'm not even saying I believe it - I'm playing devil's advocate - but no one has answered the question.

philpot
Member since Apr 01st 2007
21673 posts
Sat Apr-28-12 01:06 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
50. "they do it so smart guys like you point it out..."
In response to Reply # 35

as proof that no conspiracies exist

you fell for it

they are smarter than you

chess

not checkers

Artful Dodger
8361 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 02:31 PM

26. "You can downplay it all you want but it is that complicated."
In response to Reply # 19

Freeway Rick gave dates, names of federal agents (that held up), locations. There was no such as crack in LA before this.

I mean write it off as a internet message board whatever - doesn't change those facts big homie.

COOLEHMAGAZINE
5563 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 03:11 PM

32. "RE: You can downplay it all you want but it is that complicated."
In response to Reply # 26

If you are talking about the "Dark Alliance" investigation and it's subsequent fallout, it's a proven fact that the CIA covered up Contra drug deals and faciliatated their operations as part of the project to overthrow the Nicaraguan government.

But if you mean someone sat down and came up with a plan to use crack to attack the black community. I see no evidence of that.

Anyway, this whole "conspiracy" to use rap for some form of new attack on the black community is ridiculous. Not only that, but when rappers were on some Afrocentric shit and Fat Boys style party raps, bodies were dropping in the hood. By the early-mid 90's, during the real rise of "gangster rap", crime levels were starting to fall, and by the height of the genre's popularity crime rates were at an all-time low.

Violence and sex are popular in entertainment!!!!!! It is not complicated!!!!!!!!!

Major labels will sell whatever makes money. This is capitalism. When afrocentric raps and iconography were in, they sold us that. When some 5% cats from Staten Island were making them money, they pushed that. You sell what makes money. People want lifestyle-achievement crossover pop-rap right now, and so they sell us Jay-Z, Kanye, Drake.

If "they" had some plan to brainwash the hood into embracing violence and drugs (as if it takes brainwashing to drive the poor to drugs) would Drake and Kanye really be bigger than Gunplay, Waka and J-Stalin lol

dalecooper
Member since Apr 07th 2006
3164 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 03:58 PM

34. "Common sense arguments, right there"
In response to Reply # 32

but the conspiracy theorists won't listen. It's a never-ending battle.

--

Artful Dodger
8361 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 06:02 PM

41. "But it doesn' stop with you not seeing evidence. hahahaha..."
In response to Reply # 32
Fri Apr-27-12 06:07 PM by Artful Dodger

Or me for that matter.

For years people alluded that HIV was a man made biological weapon designed by Europeans to destroy people of color. Well now some items are showing face supporting that theory - it wasn't 'thee white man' it was a specific group of men who happen to be white. I always had a problem with generalizing 'the white man this the white man that' cause not all white people,hell the majority of white folks had zero to do with that shit and would have never gotten down with that shit. However that doesn't mean there weren't those with that intention.

To generalize on why it happened doesn't show evidence
to generalize on why it didn't happen doesn't lessen the argument.

At all. Even if someone agrees with you. *shrugs*

Yes we know there was violence in the black community -

no one said
there were no drugs
no guns
no kilings - no one.

So that's not the argument to take that there were. That's not even common sense that's just life in any society.

So this notion 'niggaz always been wild so...' isn't exactly a strong argument.

I mean have you not read the LA Times article? Perhaps you should and then come back to the conversation cause all your doing is giving your opinion on why it didn't happen.

That's not exactly evidence either bro.

Again - what other artform promoted their artist use real live weaponry, promote jailtime, promote gang violence?

I mean...

k_orr
Charter member
80197 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 02:00 PM

23. "JFK hadsemi-public mob ties"
In response to Reply # 12

a sitting president!
everybody knew he was fucking Marilyn Monroe

So I yeah, I don't see it.

It's all too convenient.

philpot
21673 posts
Sat Apr-28-12 12:24 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
47. "bringing up crime statistics is laughable if..."
In response to Reply # 10

you fail to also discuss stats related to incarceration rates

heres a hint: theyve skyrocketed

so while u can argue that "entertainment" doesnt *cause* crime, i can argue that it legitimizes mass incarceration by standardizing the public image of certain populations

i still find it bizarre how badly some folks wish to absolve entertainers of any/all responsibility for the images they promote, it is, to me, willful ignorance

Willong
Member since Jun 08th 2009
240 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 12:44 PM

7. "RE: Hiphop was taken over by the CIA - Eazy E = Freeway Rick"
In response to Reply # 0

All this time I thought art was a reflection of society not the other way around.

Guess the CIA fooled me again.

Artful Dodger
8361 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 12:51 PM

9. "Nah - not when your presenting art to ppl who's life isn't that."
In response to Reply # 7
Fri Apr-27-12 12:57 PM by Artful Dodger

Perfect example black folks

people in Africa are now using the term 'nigga' on a regular basis to the alarm of most elders.

how do you think they got that word?

That's right, rap music.

Wreckless art produces wreckless results.

I love hiphop, probably more than most on this board but reality is reality.

Willong
Member since Jun 08th 2009
240 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 01:15 PM

14. "RE: Nah - not when your presenting art to ppl who's life isn't that."
In response to Reply # 9

NWA was successful because they fulfilled a desire for an angrier sounding music. Are you suggesting that the CIA is responsible for creating that desire out of thin air?

You are acting as if the CIA can market a product regardless of if society wants it or not.

The use of the word "nigga" is hardly art, but I would say its popularity is probably a reflection of the westernization of Africa, not the CIA force-feeding them American culture.

Artful Dodger
8361 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 06:14 PM

42. "No I'm not suggesting anything actually lol"
In response to Reply # 14

I'm just discussing this cause I'm hearing it more and more and I can't be the only one.

No the CIA doesn't make beats lol

What they are saying is the CIA pushed NWA to the forefront to create a chain reaction in the music industry. Clearly that viral letter goes further but that isn't exactly 'hard evidence' to me.

That Eazy E pic with George Bush - that raised an eyebrow.

philpot
21673 posts
Sat Apr-28-12 01:19 PM

53. "when did "society" demand high fructose corn syrup..."
In response to Reply # 14
Sat Apr-28-12 01:20 PM by philpot

in half of their food?

that's right...they didn't...

but it's still all up in their food supply

>You are acting as if the CIA can market a product regardless
>of if society wants it or not.

the CIA has helped sell the American ppl many things, including the slaughter of millions of people (the Vietnam war)

it's unfortunate that someone clearly as intelligent as yourself isn't familiar w/ propaganda and how it is used by the powerful

start by googling: Bernays

micMajestic
Charter member
22938 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 01:19 PM

15. "Africa is huge as f^ck lol at "people in Africa". Do you have a cite"
In response to Reply # 9

>Perfect example black folks
>
>people in Africa are now using the term 'nigga' on a regular
>basis to the alarm of most elders.
>
>how do you think they got that word?
>
>That's right, rap music.
>
>Wreckless art produces wreckless results.
>
>I love hiphop, probably more than most on this board but
>reality is reality.

that would let us know where exactly you are getting this info from? Are you in Africa now? Which part? Africa City?

Artful Dodger
8361 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 01:30 PM

17. "In my travels to Africa, WAfrica, East Africa - and speakign with"
In response to Reply # 15
Fri Apr-27-12 01:31 PM by Artful Dodger

the youth rap music is always the first thing they reference.
It's the most sellable product, no different than Coke or McDonalds.

Now we acting like hiphop aint influencing the world? haha...

hmmm...

micMajestic
Charter member
22938 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 01:40 PM

18. "And this has actually changed those areas for better? for worse?"
In response to Reply # 17

>the youth rap music is always the first thing they
>reference.
>It's the most sellable product, no different than Coke or
>McDonalds.
>
>Now we acting like hiphop aint influencing the world? haha...
>
>
>hmmm...

Does it actually have an impact on how people live? Do you think it relates to drug abuse or crime statistics in any way, have you heard anything in that regard? Or is it just a bunch of kids using a slang term? I get on the train everyday and hear Dominican kids call each other "nigga". I doubt it has any significant cultural impact.

COOLEHMAGAZINE
5563 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 01:48 PM

20. "RE: And this has actually changed those areas for better? for worse?"
In response to Reply # 18

Stop contextualizing things. WE NEED MORE HYPERBOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Artful Dodger
8361 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 02:33 PM

27. "Yes... actually it does. The youth are imitating their fav rappers."
In response to Reply # 18

When platinum chains were hot
they were marveling over gold chains in the same fashion.

Prior to the hiphop boom they were making records about unity, upliftment, ending war and poverty.

After the hiphop boom they now have records - raps - about being the Don, the Boss, about hustling, about getting money using American slang like Niggaz, Bitches, etc.

I mean... pretty clear to me.

Austin
Charter member
9418 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 01:49 PM

21. "RE: http://bit.ly/6BQz02"
In response to Reply # 17

http://bit.ly/6BQz02

~Austin

"Where in the world is your inspiration to say the things you're aching to say?"

http://austintayeshus.blogspot.com

http://www.last.fm/user/Austintayeshus

http://twitter.com/Austintayeshus

Artful Dodger
8361 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 02:37 PM

29. "Ghana, Accra/ Kenya, Nairobi/ Dakar, Senegal"
In response to Reply # 15

Now if you have ever been to Africa (more than once at least) you will know that certain countires host people from other countries. Whether out of relocation or as a result of war, famine, invasion etc. So in Ghana for example, may of the folks from Liberia who fled after Charles Taylor are still there. Same with countires like Chad, Somalia, many have fled across the borders.

I say that to say if you are having a conversation with a bunch of cats some may be from Ghana, others Sierre Leone, others Liberia... so you get a fairly well rounded view of the youth and their perceptions.

Hiphop has influenced them beyond just being music to dance to - it's empowering.

philpot
21673 posts
Sat Apr-28-12 01:13 PM

51. "it works both ways"
In response to Reply # 7

art informs and is informed by society

two way street

you'd have to be dumb or have other personal/ego/psychological issues abt the topic to think it's only a one way street

Austin
Charter member
9418 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 12:59 PM

11. "RE: ILLUMINATI!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

AAAHHHHHHH, It's everywhere!!!

~Austin

Artful Dodger
8361 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 01:05 PM

13. "haha... hardly"
In response to Reply # 11

Yank
Charter member
24509 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 01:20 PM

16. "We Are The They"

-

Lies run sprints.
Truths run marathons.

philpot
21673 posts
Sat Apr-28-12 01:29 PM

55. "oh is that what CIA stands for?"

because i could've sworn the OP mentioned the CIA, an actual agency with a real and documented history of serious abuses, but said absolutely nothing about the "illuminatti"

maybe i should read again?

micMajestic
Charter member
22938 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 01:55 PM

22. "Drugs have a much larger impact on the state of a community than"
In response to Reply # 0

music ever could. That's a big reason why I have hard time taking a post like this seriously. Crack did a number on the hood. I've seen drug abuse tear apart many families, but at the height of NWA's popularity I never heard a drive by occuring, and I never saw a man walk through my neighborhood with a Raider's jacket & a jheri curl.

Artful Dodger
8361 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 02:34 PM

28. "What? I mean we know the impact of drugs... but music is influential."
In response to Reply # 22

to deny that to sell a point is just ridiculous.

Artful Dodger
8361 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 02:41 PM

30. "Ok I just took the time to watch your Avy - Kudos. LOL!!! "
Fri Apr-27-12 02:42 PM by Artful Dodger

"derailed my threads
posted about me..."

"Is dead B!" hahaha....

philpot
21673 posts
Sat Apr-28-12 01:33 PM

57. "what is this kindergarten all or nothing logic?"

so bc drugs are bad, entertainment couldnt be pimped by some group for some purpose

really having a hard time following some of yalls "logic"

LAbeathustla
Member since Jan 24th 2004
33858 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 05:29 PM

36. "eazy e wasnt the first gangster rapper...so why him?"
In response to Reply # 0

i dont get it (c) CEEJY E

------------------------------------
2019 CABG Survivor

2016 OK Survivor Champion

be about it or be without it

RIP GOATs

Artful Dodger
8361 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 06:00 PM

40. "No he wasn't - trust that's a great question"
In response to Reply # 36

first I didn't start this belief of Eazy and the CIA...

it's just I'm hearing it more and more. Anyone who read that Vibe article knows the photo and of course cats are saying it was a masonic handshake. I remember the photo - I know nothing about anything beyond that...

I still say..

Eazy E was invited to the White House by George Bush?

Maybe they saw the benefit of something that would push their agenda?
Maybe he was a willing participant?
Hell maybe he had no clue I don't know.

But NWA did change the climate of our environment.
That goes without question.

philpot
21673 posts
Sat Apr-28-12 01:36 PM

58. "is there a rule that only the first of something can be used..."
In response to Reply # 36

for a certain intended purpose (even if said purpose is, for arguments sake, less than successful)?

really having a hard time following yalls, uh, "logic"

Guinness
Charter member
26270 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 05:38 PM

37. "stupidest post ever."
In response to Reply # 0

Artful Dodger
8361 posts
Fri Apr-27-12 05:56 PM

39. "RE: stupidest reply ever."
In response to Reply # 37

Guinness
Charter member
26270 posts
Sat Apr-28-12 10:39 AM

44. "no, seriously."
In response to Reply # 39
Sat Apr-28-12 10:41 AM by Guinness

it's a vile, insipid thread. as if there isn't enough dishonesty in the endless attempts at blaming rap for all of society's maladies--despite the fact that almost every american social ill has improved in correspondance with rap's rise to popularity--now you're adding in nonsensical pigshit about government conspiracies to defame one of the art form's seminal figures.

you fucking suck.

disco dj
Charter member
84260 posts
Sat Apr-28-12 12:46 PM

48. "you're kidding, right?"
In response to Reply # 44

>despite the fact that almost every
>american social ill has improved in correspondance with rap's
>rise to popularity-

I mean, I can appreciate sarcasm as much as the next guy, but uh...

http://www.windimoto.com

http://ten2one.wordpress.com/ <-FEB

http://wallpapershi.net/wallpapers/2012/01/boba-fett-star-wars-star-wars-boba-fett-movie-anime-1080x1920.jpg

Guinness
Charter member
26270 posts
Sat Apr-28-12 01:17 PM

52. "am i?"
In response to Reply # 48
Sat Apr-28-12 01:20 PM by Guinness

as hip-hop became the most popular music in america, we've also experienced decreasing crime rates, decreasing drug use and decreasing teenage pregnancy. if anyone is stupid enough to correlate changing social conditions to music, then they have to credit rap with making america a better place. otherwise, they need to shut the fuck up. rap is art, not public policy.

philpot
21673 posts
Sat Apr-28-12 01:40 PM

59. "oh but the incarceration rates have skyrocketed, my genius friend"
In response to Reply # 52

im sure you can fit that into your righteous indignation

also...

can you post up specific stats as well as the source of said stats?

thx!

(oh, also, you were being hyperbolic when u said ppl were blaming rap for all of society's ills, right? bc im having difficulty finding where anyone said that, but def. point out to me where im wong abt that! like w/ an actual quote? thx!)

Guinness
Charter member
26270 posts
Sat Apr-28-12 02:10 PM

63. "lulz!"
In response to Reply # 59

so you believe soaring incarceration rates are the result of rap-inspired crimes and not a viciously flawed criminal justice system? FOH.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2012/0109/US-crime-rate-at-lowest-point-in-decades.-Why-America-is-safer-now
http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/05/teen-pregnancy-rate-lowest-in-two-decades/

this entire horseshit discussion is transparently the handiwork of asshats who like to blame "negative" rappers for social problems. they are enemies of rap, masquerading as concerned friends.

philpot
21673 posts
Sat Apr-28-12 02:27 PM

65. "post 47"
In response to Reply # 63

the funniest thing is ALL of your assumptions are wrong

i don't blame rap for causing any social problems...at all...that's a weak deflective characterization w/ no facts to support it

i do think it has been used as *a* silent propaganda weapon (please sir do note i did not say *the* weapon as if it is the only or most important one, smart ppl attack from many angles) to *legitimize* certain trends in our society, such as increased incarceration...far from the most serious form of propaganda, but effective...it makes it easy for many to stereotype "those ppl" based on the false images, and they therefore have a dehumanized view of "those ppl" so when "those ppl" are locked up in unprecedented numbers, there is no need to care bc "those ppl" deserve it

but im not sure ur actually capable of understanding the degrees im coming from with this, appears things must be in black/white for you, not reality's typical shades of grey

philpot
21673 posts
Sat Apr-28-12 02:40 PM

66. "I just realized that you equated rising incarceration to rising crime"
In response to Reply # 63

or insinuated that i was doing that

not at all

im saying the opposite: that certain types of rap music's images are used to convince *others* that their racist notions of who and isn't criminal are justified, and thus so is locking "those ppl" up

my "blame" is sqarely on the american propaganda machine and those who believe its lies, not rappers or kids in the hood tryna survive

disco dj
Charter member
84260 posts
Sat Apr-28-12 01:51 PM

61. "where are you getting these 'stats' from?"
In response to Reply # 52

>as hip-hop became the most popular music in america, we've
>also experienced decreasing crime rates, decreasing drug use
>and decreasing teenage pregnancy.

I'm not saying you're wrong or anything. I'm just wondering where you get your numbers from...

if anyone is stupid enough
>to correlate changing social conditions to music, then they
>have to credit rap with making america a better place.

And with, recession, the housing slump, and unemployment at a near record highs, I'm not too sure people would call it "a better place".

>otherwise, they need to shut the fuck up. rap is art, not
>public policy.

Yeah, but you gotta admit, a LOT of folks take it at face value. A lot of dumbshit has infiltrated the "art" part of it.

http://wallpapershi.net/wallpapers/2012/01/boba-fett-star-wars-star-wars-boba-fett-movie-anime-1080x1920.jpg

Controversy1999
Member since Jan 28th 2012
103 posts
Sat Apr-28-12 09:47 AM

43. "Found an interesting article on this subject"
In response to Reply # 0

This article sheds some light on the CIA and NWA connection:
http://mindcontrolblackassassins.wordpress.com/2010/05/30/gangsta-rap-cia-mossad-genocide-straight-outta-compton/

Couple of interesting quotes:
"In Los Angeles, Marion Suge Knight is alleged to have been an agent provocateur in a government program that was the largest western SS Bolschwing CIA-FBI/police intelligence collaboration against Black activists in the 1960s and 1970s, as described in the targeting of Geronimo Pratt of the Black Panther Party for Self Defense."

"The men behind Ruthless Records and Eazy-E were Jerry Heller and Michael Klein. Heller was the co-founder of N.W.A., and CEO of Ruthless Records. Klein was the Ruthless director of business affairs. Heller was a teacher at UCLA for Entertainment Studies and Performing Arts. Heller had been invited to the White House by two of the country’s most notorious fascist Republican presidential administrations, Richard Milhouse Nixon and George H.W. Bush, Sr."

Guinness
Charter member
26270 posts
Sat Apr-28-12 10:40 AM

45. "and from the highly reputable mindcontrolblackassassins blog!"
In response to Reply # 43

Controversy1999
Member since Jan 28th 2012
103 posts
Sat Apr-28-12 12:51 PM

49. "So you dismiss them completely?"
In response to Reply # 45

That's it, huh. Just brush them aside. I've never been to that blog before. Why don't you trust them?

Artful Dodger
8361 posts
Sun Apr-29-12 06:52 AM

76. "They also dismiss the LA Times, Washington Post, And Vibe"
In response to Reply # 49

all three ran stories about this connection
and all three ran stories bout Freeway Rick

again

names
dates
times

yet somehow it doesn't matter? Easier to just blame niggaz as being wild - smh.

MikeDinosaur
Member since Dec 26th 2011
66 posts
Sat Apr-28-12 06:20 PM

67. "RE: Found an interesting article on this subject"
In response to Reply # 43

>This article sheds some light on the CIA and NWA connection:
>http://mindcontrolblackassassins.wordpress.com/2010/05/30/gangsta-rap-cia-mossad-genocide-straight-outta-compton/
>
>Couple of interesting quotes:
>"In Los Angeles, Marion Suge Knight is alleged to have been

Oh, well, that settles it then

By the way, black mind control assassin is alleged to be a holocaust denier. I'm alleging it. So you know, keep an eye out.

Also, the Heller thing pretty much explains why Eazy was there. He's a contributor to republican causes, and he got Eazy to donate too. Eazy claims he was impressed with Bush's handling of the gulf war. Heller probably just persuaded him.

disco dj
Charter member
84260 posts
Sat Apr-28-12 11:17 AM

46. "the whole "Eazy E at the White House" thing is a bit skewed."
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Apr-28-12 11:18 AM by disco dj

>
>Or it could have started by the infamous Vibe Magazine
>interview with Easy shaking hands with George Bush Sr. When
>asked about it.. he said that he was invited to a fundraiser -
>cause of course all emerging gangbanging, drug dealing on wax
>rappers are - especially by one of the most conservative
>presidents around who initiated the chain reaction/slave
>institution of the War on Drugs.
>

Everybody acts like George Bush called Eazy E up and invited him to the White House. I'm pretty sure it didn't happen that way. It was PROBABLY a case of them looking at a list of people who made a SHITLOAD of money in 1988 ( or whatever year it was ), and going for the shakedown. So I'm thinking that they saw "Eric Wright, Small business owner from Los Angeles, California made XX Million Dollars in Fiscal Year 1988". And then they subsequently shit their pants when Gangsta Rapper Eazy E showed up. But at THAT point, fuck it. He bought a $10,000 ticket, and his money is just green as Donald Trump's is, Right?

so yeah. That's probably a more realistic view of things.

>As a result, more and more people are likening NWA to a group
>of coons and sell outs who merely pushed the manual of death
>to the young black youth - whereas their contemporaries were
>headed in the opposite direction.

Ennh. That's kind of a ham-fisted view of it. For the record, I HATED NWA and everything they stood for. I thought they made some EXTREMELY irresponsible records. But I don't know about calling them coons and sell-outs. They didn't embarrass me as some artists do today. I just hated the fact that they were selling the "Hood Lifestyle" like that's all there was to Black People. (And as far as sell outs? Today there's WAAAAY more 'selling out' than ever. THAT'S the biggest difference.) I guess my biggest problem with NWA is how they set fire to the building and walked away while it burned. Meaning, they invented this shit, and take NO responsibility for it. They got rich and moved to the suburbs, and I read somewhere how Ice Cube won't let his kids listen to Hip-Hop, yet he and his group did untold damage to a generation of Black Children with their music. Now he's making kids movies and coming off as America's Sweetheart. He went to college, yet at the same time was talking that "reality from the streets" bullshit. Now, I'll own up to it, and admit that I think Ice Cube is one of the greatest rappers of all time. There's not much debate there. And I admit to liking some of his solo material. BUT. As a grown man I knew it was all wordplay and braggadocio. Kids who were exposed to all that Gangsta shit didn't know any better. THAT'S where the problem lies.

>
>Now most record labels are offices - there are budgets, people
>have to sign off, there are emails and memos. There are
>meetings and professional with degrees in Marketing, Sales,
>Public Speaking etc.
>

not sure how that comes into play...

KangolLove
Charter member
40694 posts
Sat Apr-28-12 01:30 PM

56. "Eazy was on a list of people who donated to charity"
In response to Reply # 46

disco dj
Charter member
84260 posts
Sat Apr-28-12 01:52 PM

62. "and there ya have it."
In response to Reply # 56

CMcMurtry
Member since Nov 28th 2002
17053 posts
Sat Apr-28-12 06:48 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
69. "And he only did so as a publicity stunt. He wasn't a Bush supporter"
In response to Reply # 62

He just wanted to get his name in the papers. And he did.

Artful Dodger
8361 posts
Sat Apr-28-12 09:31 PM

70. "Would you happen to have said list? Or access to it?"
In response to Reply # 56

KangolLove
Charter member
40694 posts
Sat Apr-28-12 01:28 PM

54. "CIA? You mean Ice Cube's 1st group?"
In response to Reply # 0

OMG CONSPIRACY!

philpot
21673 posts
Sat Apr-28-12 01:44 PM

60. "O'Shea has been well rewarded for his efforts on the agency's behalf"
In response to Reply # 54

lol

MikeDinosaur
Member since Dec 26th 2011
66 posts
Sat Apr-28-12 06:25 PM

68. "Rearrange the letters to CIA to AIC"
In response to Reply # 54

You get America's Illuminati Coons. THE PLOT THICKENS

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Sat Apr-28-12 02:18 PM

64. "FOH n/m"
In response to Reply # 0

Jakob Hellberg
Member since Apr 18th 2005
9766 posts
Sat Apr-28-12 09:56 PM

71. "Do people seriously believe this type of stuff?"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm not trying to snark or anything but I just find this whole conspiracy-theory shit absolutely ridiculous. Couldn't it just be that NWA found a simultaneously rebellious (¤and by extension, cool) and accessible format and people dug it and it spiralled from there. Trying to blame this or that for gangster-raps popularity when it's most likely based on a combination of catchy beats/songs and lyrics that a rebellious teenager (or an adult wishing for escape for that matter) find more appealing than, say, braggadocio or "positve" lyrics seems ridiculous to me. Whatever...

Original Juice
Member since Oct 03rd 2007
2578 posts
Sat Apr-28-12 10:16 PM

72. "Anybody interested in a REAL history of West.."
In response to Reply # 0

..Coast Hip Hop and "gangsta rap", I highly suggest checking out Mike Miller's new photography book/show..

http://www.upperplayground.com/

http://www.juxtapoz.com/Current/preview-michael-miller-qwest-coast-hip-hop-a-history-in-picturesq-fifty24sf-gallery-sf

Peeped it yesterday in SF. Very dope.

So many iconic images capturing the essence of artists from PAC to Eiht to WC to Warren G to Cypress to Hiero to $hort to King Tee to Tha Liks to everyone in between.

The book was kinda pricey ($60), but a must have for any fans of 90's west coast rap and great photography.

Original Juice
Member since Oct 03rd 2007
2578 posts
Sat Apr-28-12 10:19 PM

73. "Of particular relevancy to this post is...."
In response to Reply # 72

the photograph of Eazy with nothing but the sky and the American flag waving behind him.

buckshot defunct
Member since May 02nd 2003
26345 posts
Sun Apr-29-12 01:39 AM

74. "Eazy E and President Bush only met because"
In response to Reply # 0

They were both avid bigfoot hunters

-----------------------------
http://talestosuffice.com/
@kennykeil

Artful Dodger
8361 posts
Sun Apr-29-12 06:51 AM

75. "Ha best answer yet. Yes. Yes that makes sense. lol"
In response to Reply # 74

tandmfam
Member since Apr 20th 2010
1614 posts
Sun Apr-29-12 06:56 PM

77. "What?"
In response to Reply # 0

OG NWA were pro-black with social commentary.
They didn't get ignant til efil4zaggiN.

Lobby The Lesson topic #2691840 Previous topic | Next topic