It appears that Wale went from a DC sound, then underground sound with mixtapes (like Back to Feature w/9th Wonder) to the Rick Ross style of hip hop (maybe i'm off...this is just a random thought type post) but..........
1. Where do you see Wale as an overall artist now? Did he transition into the artist and MC that you thought he would be? 2. Do you prefer this style or an older style that Wale had? Or...........has his style changed at all (style meaning the way he make records, flow etc.. 3. Do you think he will become even larger? 4. Do you prefer his old mixtapes over his LP's 5. Randome WALE comment...........
just a random thought
"Highly developed spirits often encounter resistance from mediocre minds."-Albert Einstein
6. "Bein' a cat from the DC Metro...and staunch supporter of .." In response to Reply # 0
Underground hip hop, I LOOOVED the "Mixtape About Nothing" Series. That was my favorite stuff he did. I loved the earlier stuff like Beast of the Beltway, 100 Miles and Running, Paint a Picture, Hate is the New Love, etc., as well. It showed that he wasn't just a "go-go" rapper. Dude got skillz. Sometimes a little too wordy, but that's the poet and shit I could relate to.
Now, the new Wale...I also love...maybe not AS much (I'm just happy for the local emcee), but I understand how in this business, he's gotta get his bread. I personally think it's a good look for MMG. He's the most versatile artist they have IMO. PLUS, I love Rozay...and his producers.
It takes all kinds to make up a world, son. -My pops
7. "all that aside, he can rap" In response to Reply # 0
'no hands' gave wale the opportunity to have a '2nd act' in his career he's coasting a little bit with the r&b hooks, but he does his thing live show still crazy when he brings along ucb the footage from the howard theatre looked like a fun time as well
8. "He's slightly above average now" In response to Reply # 0
>1. Where do you see Wale as an overall artist now? Did he >transition into the artist and MC that you thought he would >be? Better than most but not what he could(ve) be(en).
>2. Do you prefer this style or an older style that Wale had? >Or...........has his style changed at all (style meaning the >way he make records, flow etc.. I miss his old music but he's gotten better lyrically. I wish he had these skills with his old style.
>3. Do you think he will become even larger? No.
>4. Do you prefer his old mixtapes over his LP's Mixtapes
>5. Randome WALE comment........... He was a huge influence to my style as an MC when he first came out. I played him out every day. I still like him now, but I feel like I kinda outgrew him.
9. "Wale's rise is different from B.O.B, Lupe and the other cross-overs" In response to Reply # 0
in that I think he became a better artist.
********** "Hey, man, salute to all the beautiful doctors, everybody that�s researching and helping find cures. Salute to everyone who�s finding cures to diseaaaases. Everybody that�s aiding the people. -Lil B