Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2686247

Subject: "Mariah Carey's unplug is 20 years old reflections" Previous topic | Next topic
mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Sun Apr-15-12 11:21 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Mariah Carey's unplug is 20 years old reflections"

believe it or not this is arguably still her most important recording because for a while despite her success there was doubt if she could hold it down live.

now mind you this unplug set is mainly for the industry, etc.. still it was a huge break through and when she covered the jackson 5's "i'll be there" it bought her credibility.

so did you like this project for her and if so what was the best song she did on it? she had civilles and coles with her on the piano and that was cool.

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Ill Be There is not only the signature cut of this set but the signature
Apr 15th 2012
RE: Mariah Carey's unplug is 20 years old reflections
Apr 15th 2012
A Heap Load of Talent Was Backing Her Up Too On That Stage........
Apr 15th 2012

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Sun Apr-15-12 11:36 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Ill Be There is not only the signature cut of this set but the signature"
In response to Reply # 0

MJ or Jackson 5 cover of all-time.

I can't even think of another that comes close.

She might not have completely hijacked the OG like Aretha did 'Respect' or Jimi did 'Watchtower' but that performance was timeless.

That's why it was tough to watch her try to go there again at the funeral, I was ready to cry & have all the hairs on my arm stand up but instead I found myself feeling bad for her that her voice couldn't go there that morning.

isulady
Member since Dec 08th 2007
2043 posts
Sun Apr-15-12 11:42 AM

2. "RE: Mariah Carey's unplug is 20 years old reflections"
In response to Reply # 0

Yes the Unplugged album is awesome! I really love her performance of Emotions, I'll be There and Can't Let Go. It definitely proved that she could sing live and wasn't just some studio creation.

Harlepolis
Member since Jan 09th 2011
1867 posts
Sun Apr-15-12 12:42 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "A Heap Load of Talent Was Backing Her Up Too On That Stage........"
In response to Reply # 0

Trey Lorenz, Melonie Daniels, The Price sisters(Kelly & Cheree), Randy Jackson and not to mention her "Burt Bacharach/Arif Mardin" Mr. Walter Afanasieff.

Back when Mimi sang from her chest & throat instead of her teeth.

Lobby The Lesson topic #2686247 Previous topic | Next topic