Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2685860

Subject: "so, i'm sitting here listening to "The Family" album (self titled)" Previous topic | Next topic
Calico
Charter member
24604 posts
Fri Apr-13-12 08:55 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"so, i'm sitting here listening to "The Family" album (self titled)"

...and reading stuff on the Wiki about the group and various members of The Time (i always knew they were such talented dudes that i naturally assumed they played on the albums themselves...i could see Prince telling them what to play, but damn....)

....anyway, this album ain't half bad so far....so it got me ta thinking, what else have i missed out on? can anyone suggest some great projects from him or (ex) members of his camp i should be checkin for? i'm bout to check out the Jesse Johnson Revue next....

"yes, sometimes my rhymes are sexist, but you lovely bitches and hos should know i'm tryin to correct it"- hiphopopotamus

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
For some reason I thought these fools put out an album
Apr 13th 2012
hmm....
Apr 14th 2012

Adwhizz
Member since Nov 12th 2003
40926 posts
Fri Apr-13-12 11:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "For some reason I thought these fools put out an album"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.amazon.com/No-Way-Out-Explicit/dp/B0014JBMH6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1334376891&sr=8-2

R.I.P. Loud But Wrong Guy
Dec 29th 2009 - Dec 17th 2017

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Sat Apr-14-12 05:25 PM

2. "hmm...."
In response to Reply # 0

>....anyway, this album ain't half bad so far....so it got me
>ta thinking, what else have i missed out on? can anyone
>suggest some great projects from him or (ex) members of his
>camp i should be checkin for? i'm bout to check out the Jesse
>Johnson Revue next....

have you heard Sheila E's first few albums (the first one might as well be the cousin of The Family's album).

Jesse Johnson Revue is my shit.
But even more than that is tracking down the acts he produced (i.e. did what Prince used to do to him and company) like Ta Mara and the Seen.

Lobby The Lesson topic #2685860 Previous topic | Next topic