Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2685439

Subject: "where the f*ck is Starang Wondah?" Previous topic | Next topic
Li Mu Bai
Member since Sep 11th 2007
1891 posts
Fri Apr-13-12 12:54 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"where the f*ck is Starang Wondah?"

aight, i know dude got locked up. however, homie shoulda BEEN out a long ass minute ago.

yes, i've heard about his sub par work ethic and things, but damn it he's the ONLY reason I ever messed with BCC. Sean Price and Buckshot notwithstanding, Rock and Starang were by far the most entertaining emcees of the camp. Sean Price was on some tame one shit, a second fiddle who actually ended up being a first teamer as far as lyricist go.

I've also heard how he fell off at this point in his career. To those folks, NOBODY ever listened to starang for his technical lyrical ability. It was always the delivery for me and prolly a lot of other people. I do know this tho, 2000 Howard homecoming he and a bunch of other what would be considered underground niggas by today's standards were in town and they happened to have a cipher RIGHT in front of the McDonald's on georgia ave, cotDAMN this nigga murked Pack FM, everybody, prolly one of the coolest things in hip hop I ever witnessed.

Call me a Stan if u wanna, but i see posts about Iggy Azelia, Casey Veggies, Game, and Charles Hamilton and can't help but think 'wtf?'.Starang at his best like sean price, guilty simpson, and ODB except more personality.

i tried to find his last known mixtape, No Relation to Stevie, and actually finding a viable download link for the shit is harder than not taking any Ls in tetris.

if anybody has any starang, inbox, please and thank you.

Lebron couldn't win a chip without two superstars from his draft class. He didn't just need help. The nigga needed the cheat code to enable god mode.(c)Kira

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
about a year ago I read a Sean Price Int
Apr 13th 2012
RE: about a year ago I read a Sean Price Int
Apr 13th 2012
      that's pretty dead-on
Apr 13th 2012
           j zone been teaching, he's from my hood
Apr 13th 2012
Starang don't hurt me, Heltah Skeltah melt ya ass like Hershey's
Apr 13th 2012
Starang Wonda...no relation to Stevie
Apr 13th 2012
I'm Fab 5 even when I'm by myself I'm OGC even when I'm by myself
Apr 13th 2012
real talk?
Apr 13th 2012
RE: where the f*ck is Starang Wondah?
Apr 13th 2012
RE: that nigglet work with craig and em...liftin boxes
Apr 13th 2012
Yo?!?!?!???
Apr 13th 2012
I support this post, btw I feel the same about Nature
Apr 13th 2012
!!!!!!Black Moon Feat Starang Wondah Why We Act This Way !!!!
Apr 13th 2012
right now hes on tour with bcc
Apr 13th 2012
I was with you up until you said he had more personality than ODB
Apr 13th 2012

Organ
Charter member
8739 posts
Fri Apr-13-12 01:15 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "about a year ago I read a Sean Price Int "
In response to Reply # 0

and he mentioned Starang
said that he doesn't really fuck with music like that but that he still writes and shit

kicked a couple of verses to him in private that kind of left him in disbelief cause they were so ill and made him disappointed that he wasn't rhyming anymore

not verbatim but that was pretty much the sentiment

Knicks yo
Cowboys yo

Li Mu Bai
1891 posts
Fri Apr-13-12 01:24 AM

2. "RE: about a year ago I read a Sean Price Int "
In response to Reply # 1

what a waste. if he only knew. eminem or somebody, i can't remember right now, had a line about hip hop fans and their personal private artists. welp, between this and j-zone and the juggaknots i'm feelin' betrayed.

Lebron couldn't win a chip without two superstars from his draft class. He didn't just need help. The nigga needed the cheat code to enable god mode.(c)Kira

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Fri Apr-13-12 08:47 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "that's pretty dead-on"
In response to Reply # 2

>what a waste. if he only knew. eminem or somebody, i can't
>remember right now, had a line about hip hop fans and their
>personal private artists. welp, between this and j-zone and
>the juggaknots i'm feelin' betrayed.

I've got a number of those. J-Zone, Willie D (in the '90s), Redman, Jeru (before he did some dumb shit), Kwest Tha Madd Lad, DOOM, nowadays Freeway is in that box.

dudes you don't need to scream "These dudes are the GOAT" from the top of your lungs but you'll always check something they do.

man, I'm mad I fell off with J-Zone, after reading that interview (I linked up/swiped)... dude was one of my favorites for real, straight from MUSIC FOR TU MADRE forward. great beats, hilarious rhymes, he was a modernized version of a concept I thought was long gone. His remix projects were pretty damn good too.

madwriter
Charter member
12234 posts
Fri Apr-13-12 09:33 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
13. "j zone been teaching, he's from my hood"
In response to Reply # 6

still does music and djs as well. very down to earth dude
--------
<--------- my cousin
www.richardlouissaint.com
photobloggin' it:
http://blog.richardlouissaint.com

Nodima
Member since Jul 30th 2008
15297 posts
Fri Apr-13-12 01:43 AM

3. "Starang don't hurt me, Heltah Skeltah melt ya ass like Hershey's"
In response to Reply # 0

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." © Jay Bilas

http://www.last.fm/user/NodimaChee
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
http://rateyourmusic.com/list/Nodima/run_that_shit__nodimas_hip_hop_handbook

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Fri Apr-13-12 10:12 PM

15. "Starang Wonda...no relation to Stevie"
In response to Reply # 3

Nodima
Member since Jul 30th 2008
15297 posts
Fri Apr-13-12 01:47 AM

4. "I'm Fab 5 even when I'm by myself I'm OGC even when I'm by myself"
In response to Reply # 0

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." © Jay Bilas

http://www.last.fm/user/NodimaChee
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
http://rateyourmusic.com/list/Nodima/run_that_shit__nodimas_hip_hop_handbook

Li Mu Bai
1891 posts
Fri Apr-13-12 02:00 AM

5. "real talk?"
In response to Reply # 4

out of the entire loud records roster, his verses were the ones i looked forward to the most. him and tash are like neck and neck. tash's solo was borderline wack but i got a feelin that starang even in his unfocused mode would make some shit with high replay value. Some cats are just blessed with the voice/delivery for the art form and he's one.

with hip hop being kinda beats oriented, i don't see many cats i would listen to over literally anything. ODB, Lord Have Mercy, Huggy Bear, Monch, Elzhi, Luda, Keith Murray, and that's about it. I really wish starang had at least SOME solo shit.

DatFiveOFo
Member since Apr 13th 2012
3 posts
Fri Apr-13-12 09:24 AM

7. "RE: where the f*ck is Starang Wondah?"
In response to Reply # 0

Saw him and the rest of the Great 8 in NYC a few weeks ago. GREAT show. Yea, he just got home, as did Louisville. Chopped it up with both after the show. They are indeed still doin it for da people.

willie tyler and lester
Member since Mar 06th 2012
138 posts
Fri Apr-13-12 09:29 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "RE: that nigglet work with craig and em...liftin boxes"
In response to Reply # 0

read the siggy niggy

STOP IT DUMMY.

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Fri Apr-13-12 12:47 PM

9. "Yo?!?!?!???"
In response to Reply # 0

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2684075&mesg_id=2684075&listing_type=search

Actuals
Member since May 15th 2009
434 posts
Fri Apr-13-12 06:42 PM

10. "I support this post, btw I feel the same about Nature"
In response to Reply # 9

oak
Member since Apr 16th 2005
204 posts
Fri Apr-13-12 07:07 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
11. "!!!!!!Black Moon Feat Starang Wondah Why We Act This Way !!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

i can listen to this allllll day

mwasi kitoko
Member since Jul 15th 2007
60768 posts
Fri Apr-13-12 08:48 PM

12. "right now hes on tour with bcc"
In response to Reply # 0

www.royallegacy.org
http://therapfest.com/up-next-artists/

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Fri Apr-13-12 09:44 PM

14. "I was with you up until you said he had more personality than ODB"
In response to Reply # 0

c'monbabybabyc'monbabybabyc'monbabybabyC'MOOOONNNNN

Lobby The Lesson topic #2685439 Previous topic | Next topic