Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2685039

Subject: "you get 5 artists dead or alive to manage there careers" Previous topic | Next topic
mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Thu Apr-12-12 10:42 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"you get 5 artists dead or alive to manage there careers"

who are the five you would pick and how would you go about being there manager and mind you they listen to everything you say and follow your blueprint??

also remember you get only 5 careers to have and this doesn't necessary have to mean you are a huge fan of there's however you respect how there career went or you saw something there that was timeless.

or you could be a huge fan of said act and operate from that aingle as well.

it doesn't matter what the style of music is either.

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: you get 5 artists dead or alive to manage there careers
Apr 12th 2012

c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13955 posts
Thu Apr-12-12 01:05 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: you get 5 artists dead or alive to manage there careers"
In response to Reply # 0

Nirvana/Dinosaur Jr. - Before Nirvana's "Bleach" lp was recorded (late 80's), I would have J Mascis, Lou Barlow and Kurt Cobain form a band where Kurt and J switch from guitar-vocals/drum duties back and forth. I would encourage them to make sort of wild music that would keep them on the cult level (no mainstream type of rock hits).

Ohio Players - around 1977, before the "Jass ay Lay dee" sessions, I would break up the band and have Sugarfoot and Marshall rejoin with Junie and Greg Webster and have Billy Beck and Diamond form a separate band with Chet and some bassist (not Marshall). Maybe the horn section would play with both bands.

Funkadelic - I would have Billy Bass, Eddie Hazel, Bernie, Tiki and Tawl stay a group throughout the 70's - 90's separate from George (They'd have to be less strung out for this to work).

Parliament - I'd have George, Fuzzy, Calvin, Ray, Boogie, Glen Goins, Garry and Jerome Brailey make music throughout the 70's-90's with some keyboardist other than Bernie (hopefully they'd avoid the drug disaster thing).

Fishbone - After the Bonin' in the Boneyard single of 1990 (that had the excellent "In the name of swing", "love and bs" and "hide behind my glasses", I would encourage them to continue to make music in that vein of those songs and avoid the heaviness that they unwisely got into.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby The Lesson topic #2685039 Previous topic | Next topic