Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2683568

Subject: "Ooooooohhh...On the TLC Tip (20th Anniversary)" Previous topic | Next topic
mackmike
Member since Jan 27th 2005
499 posts
Mon Apr-09-12 10:49 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Ooooooohhh...On the TLC Tip (20th Anniversary)"

As I get older, I find myself saying more and more, "I can't believe it's been 10, 15, 20 years since..." Last fall, when I was thinking of ideas to pitch to my fave gossip mag Juicy, I realized that 2012 would be the 20th anniversary of Ooooooohhh...On the TLC Tip. While TLC's debut album was a landmark disc that would go on to sell millions, the group's fabulous rise wasn't as effortless as the public might've perceived. Indeed, much blood, sweat, water guns and food fights went into making their project a success.

In addition to new interviews with group members Chilli and T-Boz, who are currently consulting on a TLC bio-pic for VH1, I also spoke to producer Dallas Austin, video director Lionel C. Martin, former publicist Audrey LaCatis Onyeike, promotions man Lamont Boles, writer Carol Cooper, former Billboard R&B columnist Janine Coveny and singer Keyshia Cole. Additionally, I also wrote a sidebar tribute to the late Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes, who was killed in a car accident ten years ago this April 25.

Thank you to the Juicy team Paula T. Renfroe, Taiia Smart Young and Kweli Wright for doin' it right. The magazine is currently on stands.

Juicy: http://www.juicymagonline.com/celeb

http://blackadelicpop.blogspot.com

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
i liked that album back then
Apr 09th 2012
after tlc came total & xscape
Apr 09th 2012

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Mon Apr-09-12 11:00 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "i liked that album back then"
In response to Reply # 0

baby,baby,baby was my cut.i wonder what La and babyface think and feel about that Project and the impact of it then and now?

i doubt you will get Peebles for an interview on the subject.

they were cool and fresh back then. i use to wear that tape out back then.

they really put Laface records on the map as a true contender.

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

bucknchange
Member since May 07th 2003
3590 posts
Mon Apr-09-12 01:01 PM

2. "after tlc came total & xscape"
In response to Reply # 0

they're chemistry was undeniable

Lobby The Lesson topic #2683568 Previous topic | Next topic