Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2681387

Subject: "Babyface Giving Major Props to Prince" Previous topic | Next topic
j_bhadra
Charter member
2381 posts
Tue Apr-03-12 06:55 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Babyface Giving Major Props to Prince"

So I know Maxxx craps all over Prince but what does it mean when his heroes give props to the guy he hates so much?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xptwbt_on-the-road_lifestyle?start=52#from=embediframe

The above clip is a video compilation of live and backstage stuff from the Musicology tour from 2004. Babyface speaks on how much of an influence Prince was on him as a songwriter/whatever.

Cool video by the way...

Watching Wendy with Prince is always intriguing to me - hopefully they get back together and make something like Parade.

J

http://www.soundcloud.com/jaydeep-bhadra

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
WHOOOO dan Akroyd!
Apr 03rd 2012
Prince is one of His Influences no doubt however
Apr 03rd 2012
i don't hear a prince influence on any of face's stuff.
Apr 04th 2012
      on some of the deele's uptempo stuff they influenced some of it
Apr 04th 2012

MME
Charter member
11940 posts
Tue Apr-03-12 07:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "WHOOOO dan Akroyd!"
In response to Reply # 0

>So I know Maxxx craps all over Prince but what does it mean
>when his heroes give props to the guy he hates so much?
>
>http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xptwbt_on-the-road_lifestyle?start=52#from=embediframe
>
>The above clip is a video compilation of live and backstage
>stuff from the Musicology tour from 2004. Babyface speaks on
>how much of an influence Prince was on him as a
>songwriter/whatever.
>
>Cool video by the way...
>
>Watching Wendy with Prince is always intriguing to me -
>hopefully they get back together and make something like
>Parade.
>
>J

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Tue Apr-03-12 11:03 PM

2. "Prince is one of His Influences no doubt however"
In response to Reply # 0

Michael Jackson and especially El Debarge are bigger on him as are Bill Withers, as is Thom Bell.

with babyface I can name a whole lot of artists who influenced his thing, but purple kool aid drankers only want to say Prince and it is so hard to have a conversation with the Purple diabetics clique.

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

ninjitsu
Member since Oct 07th 2011
4151 posts
Wed Apr-04-12 01:10 AM

3. "i don't hear a prince influence on any of face's stuff."
In response to Reply # 2

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Wed Apr-04-12 01:51 AM

4. "on some of the deele's uptempo stuff they influenced some of it"
In response to Reply # 3

"Body Talk" had a nod. matter of fact Face and prince both went there with one another.

Face had that vibe on some cuts"circumstancial Evidence" for the Mikki Free era Shalamar has a Minneapolis sound and vibe

and Prince returned the favor on the ELisa Fiorillo"On the way Up" which Prince had the Laface sound and groove on.

they both did a respect and dap thing on projects.

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

Lobby The Lesson topic #2681387 Previous topic | Next topic