Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2677279

Subject: "A Celebration Of The Life Of Baatin (Video)" Previous topic | Next topic
Commonbreath
Member since Nov 18th 2010
53 posts
Fri Mar-23-12 12:26 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"A Celebration Of The Life Of Baatin (Video)"

This video and article reflects on the life and legacy of Titus "Baatin" Glover, best known as one third of the original Slum Village. A true genius, an original creative soul, the world will always remember Baatin.

http://common-breath.com/?p=2673

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: A Celebration Of The Life Of Baatin (Video)
Apr 01st 2012
For God's sake...
Apr 02nd 2012
^^^^^
Apr 02nd 2012
how did he die? was it ever explained?
Apr 02nd 2012
No one has ever come out and said
Apr 02nd 2012

Commonbreath
Member since Nov 18th 2010
53 posts
Sun Apr-01-12 09:12 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: A Celebration Of The Life Of Baatin (Video)"
In response to Reply # 0

Baatin was one of the greatest to ever to hold a mic, influencing the entire neo-soul era...people don't really even understand what Detroit Hip Hop means to your favorite artists, going way beyond just J Dilla's contibution...

KnowNaim_X
Member since May 14th 2005
2531 posts
Mon Apr-02-12 02:14 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "For God's sake..."
In response to Reply # 0

...is that album ever coming out that he did?

"When I'm on the mic, a nigga throw down his blunt just to hear what we say...up in this bitch..."-Baatin

Abstract_TheEclectic_Nubian
Member since Sep 07th 2002
5966 posts
Mon Apr-02-12 11:31 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "^^^^^"
In response to Reply # 2

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

www.last.fm/user/Tha_Abstract

Bblock
Member since Feb 20th 2012
6243 posts
Mon Apr-02-12 12:38 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "how did he die? was it ever explained?"
In response to Reply # 0

life always offers you a 2nd chance...it's called tomorrow. use it wisely

CMcMurtry
Member since Nov 28th 2002
17053 posts
Mon Apr-02-12 03:07 PM

5. "No one has ever come out and said"
In response to Reply # 4
Mon Apr-02-12 03:08 PM by CMcMurtry

With the history of mental illness and drug addiction issues, most people have concluded suicide or O.D.

I'm not sure why someone hasn't come out and said the cause, but perhaps it's because (if it was in fact him taking his own life or overdosing) they fear people will be less sympathetic?

Lobby The Lesson topic #2677279 Previous topic | Next topic