Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2669037

Subject: " yeah Bobby Brown>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Usher,Chris Brown,,Neyo,Trey songz" Previous topic | Next topic
mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Wed Feb-29-12 10:14 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
" yeah Bobby Brown>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Usher,Chris Brown,,Neyo,Trey songz"

i mean Bobby was truly the last baddest song and dance Man when you get right down to it and it ain't even close.

Bro Man was the truth like that.

Bobby Valentino co signs this statement as well.

those turkeys can't hold Bobby's Gumby.

Bobby was that badd back in the day. He had the Stats and Jewlery to back it up.

Bobby use to throwdown.

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I completely agree with this.
Feb 29th 2012
Nope
Feb 29th 2012
      Nah
Feb 29th 2012
      RE: Nope
Mar 01st 2012
correct...bobby brought it raw
Feb 29th 2012
this shouldn't need to be stated...
Feb 29th 2012
"feelin inside" was the shit too.
Feb 29th 2012
hell i'd take tevin cambell over all those clowns to the right
Mar 01st 2012
RE: hell i'd take tevin cambell over all those clowns to the right
Mar 02nd 2012
RE: hell i'd take tevin cambell over all those clowns to the right.
Mar 02nd 2012
yo on the real..
Mar 01st 2012
I've always struggled with "gangsters" dancing
Mar 01st 2012
USHER gets my vote
Mar 01st 2012
What happened with Bobby as a solo artist is nothing short of amazing.
Mar 01st 2012
quick Bobby Brown story....
Mar 01st 2012
Here's an observation I've thought abt concerning B Brown...
Mar 01st 2012
RE: Here's an observation I've thought abt concerning B Brown...
Mar 01st 2012
      Bobby Brown ate off of MJ's plate go listen to Its the fallen in love ...
Mar 01st 2012
           RE: Bobby Brown ate off of MJ's plate go listen to Its the fallen in l...
Mar 01st 2012
Bobby Brown>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TImberlake,Thicke,Bieber,
Mar 01st 2012
RE: Bobby Brown>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TImberlake,Thicke,Bieber,
Mar 01st 2012

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44717 posts
Wed Feb-29-12 10:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "I completely agree with this."
In response to Reply # 0

Most of these current R&B bad boys make "safe" music. None of them have Brown's edge. He could be a dick, but dude was never boring.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

Thanes1975
Member since Aug 03rd 2011
1618 posts
Wed Feb-29-12 10:37 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Nope"
In response to Reply # 1

Bobby Brown has the single best LP out of all of them and in his prime was better than all of them but one great LP and Tour does not beat Usher's Career. Now, I prefer Bobby Brown as I'm in my mid 30's and grew up on him.

Don't Be Cruel>>>>>>>>>>>> all of their LP's including Confessions to me but career and overall hits Usher>>>>>>>>Bobby Brown

"Highly developed spirits often encounter resistance from mediocre minds."-Albert Einstein

http://twitter.com/#!/TonyHanesPoetry

tandmfam
Member since Apr 20th 2010
1614 posts
Wed Feb-29-12 10:50 PM

3. "Nah"
In response to Reply # 2

Girlfriend>>>>>>>>>>>>>anything Usher, CB, Trey, or Neyo has done

johnblaze
Charter member
1036 posts
Thu Mar-01-12 07:12 PM

14. "RE: Nope"
In response to Reply # 2

Funny, because you can use Nas and Jay in this same example.

and I take Bobby and Nas any day.

The tongue like a sharp knife... Kills without drawing blood. (c) Buddha

Warren Coolidge
Charter member
41998 posts
Wed Feb-29-12 11:17 PM

4. "correct...bobby brought it raw "
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6frjm_bobby-brown-my-prerogative-live_music

I'll take that performance over any Chris Brown back flips and all that shit..

because you can't beat that live energy..

doing it the OG way...singing and dancing all the way live..

You're boy Kells should take a lesson from Bobby Brown on that..

nothing like real live energy.

david bammer
Member since Jun 20th 2010
4467 posts
Wed Feb-29-12 11:45 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "this shouldn't need to be stated..."
In response to Reply # 0

people don't realize how great bobby was in 88/89/90.
he WAS it.
energy energy energy.
but he waited too long for the follow-up imo and it was no where near as strong as "don't be cruel".
then he waited what? 5 years for album #3... and that's basically where his music career ends right there.
but if you weren't around in 88/89/90 - you don't even have a clue.
he had trumped MJ in popularity imo.
"don't be cruel" was infinitely times a better album than "bad!"
he just didn't stay the course and burnt out too quickly.
but he WAS it.

david bammer
4467 posts
Wed Feb-29-12 11:50 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. ""feelin inside" was the shit too."
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqRsVgaiv-0

drugs
Charter member
9149 posts
Thu Mar-01-12 02:19 AM

7. "hell i'd take tevin cambell over all those clowns to the right"
In response to Reply # 0

round and round we go motherfuckers.

livein76
Member since Jun 24th 2008
656 posts
Fri Mar-02-12 01:28 AM

20. "RE: hell i'd take tevin cambell over all those clowns to the right"
In response to Reply # 7

I haven't posted in months but gotdamn this made me laugh cause it's the truth..I was JUST listening to Alone With You..Al B. Sure LAID IT DOWN for Tevin.

I want to talk to Jesus, my mama, and Marvin Gaye when I get to heaven.

Original Juice
Member since Oct 03rd 2007
2578 posts
Fri Mar-02-12 02:14 AM

21. "RE: hell i'd take tevin cambell over all those clowns to the right."
In response to Reply # 7

Yes... I would even put Trey Lorenz over all them, too..

CB_010
Member since Mar 01st 2006
725 posts
Thu Mar-01-12 02:45 AM

8. "yo on the real.."
In response to Reply # 0

when i was a youngn i WANTED to be bobby
just as bad as i wanted to be MJ
i mean little boys were dancing like bobby
his slick dancemoves, the cool ass hightop fade all of that!
plus he had that *dance AND sing at the same time routine* ON LOCK

till this day none of them new cats can some up with a RONI type song.. i agree Ush came close with in his 8701 -Confession era.. but no one could touch Bob..

IceburgSmurf
Member since May 17th 2008
4724 posts
Thu Mar-01-12 06:45 AM

9. "I've always struggled with "gangsters" dancing"
In response to Reply # 0

so folk like bobby (new jack swing artists in general) and their modern day descendents always come off as somewhat oxymoronic....

tapedeck
Member since Dec 27th 2004
6785 posts
Thu Mar-01-12 10:36 AM

10. "USHER gets my vote"
In response to Reply # 0

Better singer, songs, dancer, and performer. ATL stand up!

Check out NEW Soul music at: www.myspace.com/starbeing

Bumpin in the STEREO:
Gladys Knight&The Pips
RGE-Black Radio
Randy And The Gypsys
Jean Beauvoir-DATM
Atlantic Starr-Brilliance
Terri Lyne Carrington-TMP

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Thu Mar-01-12 10:50 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
11. "What happened with Bobby as a solo artist is nothing short of amazing."
In response to Reply # 0

I don't even think he was nearly the most popular member of New Edition when he was still in the group (prior to its splintering).

His first solo album had some cuts. But nothing that spoke to what would come on album number 2.

That album was a "Thriller" in just about every sense of the word, but it wasn't JUST the music. He was undoubtedly THE vanguard of the New Jack Swing movement. (Though, not every song on that record was NJS... in fact, Babyface laced him with the shit that may not have gone to those heights if not for Bobby singing it)

He had the (entertainment) cred and the image. The background of being n a highly successful group (which was still popular despite his leaving them).

For as much as I saw it tried again, no one came close to duplicating "Michael Jackson" as much as Bobby did. And as bammer said before, his only crime was waiting 10 000 years for a follow up. Whitney wasn't high when she called him "Da Kang", he was for that short span.

The best thing about Bobby's story as a solo artist, is it being the fruits of a lot of people in high places having faith in an artist and investing in them. I wonder if there are any write-ups about how Bobby's DON'T BE CRUEL was put together. Certainly I think it's one of those albums that deserves the "Thriller" canonization, and endless dissecting.

Warren Coolidge
Charter member
41998 posts
Thu Mar-01-12 11:04 AM

12. "quick Bobby Brown story...."
In response to Reply # 11

I was in Westwood with the homies one night....this would have been right before Don't Be Cruel dropped. We were standing around and I noticed my boy talking to a guy that looked like Bobby Brown....as I looked harder I saw it was Bobby Brown. I went over and joined in the convo. The thing that Bobby kept saying was that he had just finished his album....it was about to drop.....and it was about to be huge. Now I liked King of Stage, but the level of confidence Bobby was showing in the new album was really strong. As we left Bobby, my friend and I were saying how Bob sured seemed to believe in his next project.... Couple months late Bobby was the biggest artist out.

Dude had a drive about him...a desire to bring it that really is missing today...sure he wasn't the best singer...but his live energy and take no shorts attitude is really what sets him apart. These cats today could really take a lesson from him.

vee-lover
Member since Jul 30th 2007
20388 posts
Thu Mar-01-12 12:50 PM

13. "Here's an observation I've thought abt concerning B Brown..."
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Mar-01-12 01:28 PM by vee-lover

Think for a second abt some of the artists ppl have compared to and said was going to be the "next MJ?" Lets start with:

-Ralph Tresvant
-Tevin Campbell
-Usher
-Genuwine
-Mario
-Sisqo
-Omarion
-Chris Brown
-Neyo
-Bruno Mars
-Justin Timberlake

When you see and hear the artists above, you instantly know they were influenced by Michael Jackson whether vocally or performance wise

but

Bobby Brown was also compared to MJ and was hailed as the heir apparent

but

there was NOTHING remotely similar in Bobby Brown's {singing nor in his dancing} to Michael Jackson....BOBBY BROWN WAS TRULY AN ORIGINAL...there is "no father to his style" in all actuality.

B Brown is the artist that should have been the bridge from MJ to the new generation of artists of today...the fact that his career didn't turn out like most thought it would is why those artists I listed above jump over him and recognize MJ as their musical influence (at least most of them) when most of them weren't even born or not really old enough to appreciate MJ at his peak....

grassrootsphilosopher

david bammer
4467 posts
Thu Mar-01-12 08:52 PM

15. "RE: Here's an observation I've thought abt concerning B Brown..."
In response to Reply # 13

>B Brown is the artist that should have been the bridge from MJ
>to the new generation of artists of today...the fact that his
>career didn't turn out like most thought it would is why those
>artists I listed above jump over him and recognize MJ as their
>musical influence (at least most of them) when most of them
>weren't even born or not really old enough to appreciate MJ at
>his peak....

i'm so glad you brought this up because it's true imo.
i was a little kid when mike was at his peek. and looking back on it, his solo music was always "childish" in the sort of way that it might have been popular but it was... cheesy.
b brown on the other hand, his music was raw and funky.
if i had to compare him to anybody it would be james.
the music was hitting without any gimmicks and energy wise he always brought it.

mistermaxxx08
16076 posts
Thu Mar-01-12 09:43 PM

17. "Bobby Brown ate off of MJ's plate go listen to Its the fallen in love ..."
In response to Reply # 15

and especially "PYT" and baby Be Mine" the MJ influence especially with the vocals and the dancing is there to here.

you don't always pick things up based on the Pop side and or the cross over aspect, however the rawness of the singing and dancing is where Bobby got his cue from MJ and Bobby said so himself.

where Bobby Brown is concearned and I've said this before every act that did R&B/Pop Music after MJ eats off his plate and his influence is there.

in addition to Michael Jackson, there is Rick james, james Brown, Prince,and some other folks in the Bobby Brown stew. had he done more crooning i could have thrown David Ruffin in there. because the Temptations are a influence on New Edition.

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Thanes1975
1618 posts
Thu Mar-01-12 09:46 PM

18. "RE: Bobby Brown ate off of MJ's plate go listen to Its the fallen in l..."
In response to Reply # 17

Valid points...

I agree

"Highly developed spirits often encounter resistance from mediocre minds."-Albert Einstein

mistermaxxx08
16076 posts
Thu Mar-01-12 09:39 PM

16. "Bobby Brown>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TImberlake,Thicke,Bieber,"
In response to Reply # 0

yeah i don't want to leave nobody out.

Thanes1975
1618 posts
Thu Mar-01-12 10:25 PM

19. "RE: Bobby Brown>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TImberlake,Thicke,Bieber,"
In response to Reply # 16

Thats true...

Lobby The Lesson topic #2669037 Previous topic | Next topic