Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2658791

Subject: "what next for Kelly Clarkson?" Previous topic | Next topic
mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Mon Feb-06-12 09:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"what next for Kelly Clarkson?"

now she did a good job with the national anthem, however she ain't got quite into that next upper tier level as a artist and yet she is considered top tier but yet something is missing.

wondering who could produce her and either lift her to that next.

i wonder if David Foster could be answer?

she has been out over a decade and where you stand on her career thus far?

is she in the right place or missing something?

what you think about her on stage?

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
the Underdogs & Andre & Vidal
Feb 06th 2012
i got a huge crush on her
Feb 06th 2012
She'll prolly always have a decent career provided the voice remains
Feb 06th 2012
really?
Feb 06th 2012
She needs to show nudity.. you know?
Feb 07th 2012
From jump, she should have been a Counrty or R&B artist
Feb 07th 2012
LOL
Feb 07th 2012

Ray_Snill
Charter member
16839 posts
Mon Feb-06-12 09:24 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "the Underdogs & Andre & Vidal"
In response to Reply # 0

kinda how Johnny Gill had half L.A. & Face & Jam & Lewis. maybe throw Dallas Austin in there.

<================================
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20787335@N08

auralbliss
Member since Jun 19th 2002
427 posts
Mon Feb-06-12 10:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "i got a huge crush on her"
In response to Reply # 0

i think she's hugely talented, actually sounds better performing live than on record, and is hot as hell, but she's trying to reach a market that unfortunately does not/will not get her the numbers/respect that she's due.

she's worked with katy perry, ryan tedder, darkchild, and esther dean her past few albums to try to keep up with what's hot currently, but with her look (white america considers her overweight) she won't be able to reach the heights she attained back during the breakaway era (when she was "thin" enough for white america).

and bc of her connection to american idol, she won't be able to get into the adele lane bc she won't be considered a real artist; she's seen as just as a puppet, even though she's tried to separate herself from that with my december, which was artistically daring (for a american idol-made pop star at least) but sold like shit.

clarkson fans think she can make some noise doing a country album. her performances in that genre with reba mcentire and jason aldean have both been hugely successful compared to her non-country offerings, but i think that's misleading bc country fans are probably the only ones left that actually buy albums. add that again to the american idol ties, she will forever be judged against fellow ai winner and true country artist carrie underwood, and will always fall short.

i think she needs to work with the adult contemporary heavyweights like david foster, richard marx, diane warren, et. al., and try to dominate that lane. i personally believe she can also do well doing straight r&b, just as long as she doesn't try to keep up with current trends.

"the older i get man, the dumber that i was" the grouch

mrshow
Charter member
12567 posts
Mon Feb-06-12 10:39 PM

3. "She'll prolly always have a decent career provided the voice remains"
In response to Reply # 0

but she definitely doesn't seem to be as big a star as she was a few years ago. I wouldn't worry too much as she seems to have a pretty good ear for singles. I think she should just stay in this Adult Contemporary Pat Benatar lane.

Ghetto Black
Member since Dec 24th 2004
10172 posts
Mon Feb-06-12 11:15 PM

4. "really?"
In response to Reply # 0

CB_010
Member since Mar 01st 2006
725 posts
Tue Feb-07-12 04:16 AM

5. "She needs to show nudity.. you know?"
In response to Reply # 0

works fine for riri gaga and them..

AnonymousCoward
Member since Sep 17th 2002
15394 posts
Tue Feb-07-12 05:37 PM

6. "From jump, she should have been a Counrty or R&B artist"
In response to Reply # 0

She would have killed in either genre. Post-RonPaul, I can't see her fuckin with black music, so yeah, country is the way to go. She *is* from Texas.

http://clydefrazierapproves.com/
http://stylepoints.tumblr.com/

"Like 4 out of 5 things you say on OKP offend me." -FireBrand

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Tue Feb-07-12 09:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "LOL"
In response to Reply # 6

>Post-RonPaul, I can't see her fuckin with black music

Lobby The Lesson topic #2658791 Previous topic | Next topic