Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2658113

Subject: "Marques Houston Made D'angelo come off simple" Previous topic | Next topic
mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Sun Feb-05-12 03:39 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Marques Houston Made D'angelo come off simple"

i mean don't act like Marques's "naked" song didn't push his album to gold and he made D'Mumblo into a easy target and say i can do that and make it work.

in the history of R&B they are in the same weight class.

i mean if a turkey wants to be a Chipandale dancer and go that route, then don't be madd because that is what you inspired and showed it can sell.

D'angelo got scared by what he started and this was one of the results.

i mean when a Snaggle Puss turkey like Marques Houston can jack your thing and make it blow up then how difficult was it again?

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
shiiiit...Houston and Kells make the same type of music...
Feb 05th 2012
I dont agree with the OG post but don't say that shit
Feb 05th 2012
they in the same paragraph....Kells begat Marques and them types
Feb 05th 2012
D'angelo in the History of R&B and Impact is on Marquez Houston's
Feb 05th 2012
R.Kelly got naked in a video too Maxx.....lolol..
Feb 05th 2012
      who got trapped though by being naked in a video? hmmm 12 years
Feb 05th 2012
           you seem super desperate maxx...I'm sayin....
Feb 06th 2012
                more like laughing at cats wishing on a star like its the wonderful
Feb 06th 2012
Correct. he just imitated the D'Angelo video while doing so
Feb 05th 2012
RE: shiiiit...Houston and Kells make the same type of music...
Feb 05th 2012
you are trying waaay to hard to convince ppl D'angelo is just some
Feb 05th 2012
D'angelo is a R&B Artist just like R.kelly and he can't hang with him
Feb 05th 2012
D'angelo is a multi talented music trendsetter
Feb 05th 2012
      RE: D'angelo is a multi talented music trendsetter
Feb 05th 2012
      HA HAHA!!!!!!!!!! James Brown is Bill Russell to D'angelo's
Feb 05th 2012
      I'm not comparing D to the godfather, I'm just stating that you seem
Feb 05th 2012
           problem for D'angelo is he doesn't have a memorable world wide
Feb 05th 2012
           RE: problem for D'angelo is he doesn't have a memorable world wide
Feb 05th 2012
           You could make the same argument abt Erykah or someone like
Feb 06th 2012
           And guess who wrote it?
Feb 08th 2012
                i know who wrote the song, but guess who stole it vocally?
Feb 08th 2012
           Ok this is pure bullshit.
Feb 06th 2012
      I thought you was smart, but the more you type on this topic
Feb 05th 2012
Feb 05th 2012
Feb 05th 2012
RE: you are trying waaay to hard to convince ppl D'angelo is just some
Feb 05th 2012
negro please.
Feb 05th 2012
Bitchez Be Trollin.
Feb 05th 2012
So, which artist is going piss on a young girl ?
Feb 05th 2012
RE: Marques Houston Made D'angelo come off simple
Feb 05th 2012
Marques Houston?? LOL!!!!!!
Feb 05th 2012
A+ trolling, would read again...
Feb 05th 2012
D'angelo is the Harold Miner of the small R&B box he is limited to.
Feb 05th 2012
RE: D'angelo is the Harold Miner of the small R&B box he is limited to.
Feb 05th 2012
You can have the silliest agendas ever. Munchies > Devil's pie, huh?
Feb 05th 2012
do you have aspergers?
Feb 06th 2012
naw I eat turkey Burgers
Feb 06th 2012
cmon b
Feb 06th 2012
      <shrug>
Feb 08th 2012
Naked, the song and album NEVER went gold.
Feb 06th 2012
that album did get certified gold
Feb 06th 2012
      It was only getting major burn on BET, the same station that backed B2K
Feb 06th 2012
      NO. it sold 300,000.
Feb 06th 2012
      they said gold on 106 and park back when i use to watch the network
Feb 06th 2012
           500,000 SHIPPED gets you a gold plaque
Feb 07th 2012
                Marquez had a career post "untitled" and made movies and tv shows
Feb 08th 2012
                     been on tv since 1992. him horribly biting d didnt land him movie roles
Feb 08th 2012
                          oh, but it did have folks talking from the 106 and park crowd
Feb 08th 2012
                               too bad the 106 crowd didnt BUY the album
Feb 08th 2012
                                    you sure Chris Stokes didn't turn your contract down?
Feb 08th 2012
      RE: that album did get certified gold
Feb 06th 2012
mistermaxxx next week: Houston was better than D'Angelo
Feb 06th 2012
Eye like that (c)
Feb 06th 2012
Maxxx: D'Mumblo :: Me : Eli Manning
Feb 06th 2012
oh man Eli Manning is one Lucky Elite White boy
Feb 06th 2012
the turkey is a young who just bites and has nothing original
Feb 06th 2012
Maxx...where is your post promoting R. Kelly's love letters concert
Feb 06th 2012
because Kellz did that tour and the sam cooke show all last year
Feb 06th 2012

Warren Coolidge
Charter member
41996 posts
Sun Feb-05-12 11:54 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "shiiiit...Houston and Kells make the same type of music..."
In response to Reply # 0

Houston trying to walk in kells footsteps with that bullshit..

D' on a different level than both them cats...

it's the difference between sing-songy R&B and Funk..

no contest.

Heinz
Member since Dec 26th 2003
20756 posts
Sun Feb-05-12 01:10 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "I dont agree with the OG post but don't say that shit"
In response to Reply # 1

Don't even put Kells and Marques in the same sentence. (even tho i just did.) lol

Warren Coolidge
Charter member
41996 posts
Sun Feb-05-12 01:15 PM

6. "they in the same paragraph....Kells begat Marques and them types"
In response to Reply # 5

D' ain't got shit to do with that.

mistermaxxx08
16076 posts
Sun Feb-05-12 03:30 PM

"D'angelo in the History of R&B and Impact is on Marquez Houston's "

level. sorry to break the news to you, but D'angelo is in the lightweight division. ain't had no impact and who wants to see a Young cat still acting like a relic?

Marquez was influenced by Michael Jackson and R.Kelly amongest others, but he did "naked" as a Joke and thought anybody can do this and his album did much business.

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Warren Coolidge
Charter member
41996 posts
Sun Feb-05-12 04:02 PM

12. "R.Kelly got naked in a video too Maxx.....lolol.."
In response to Reply # 0

don't act like D' is the only person to do that..

mistermaxxx08
16076 posts
Sun Feb-05-12 04:41 PM

16. "who got trapped though by being naked in a video? hmmm 12 years"
In response to Reply # 12

Lol. D'angelo gotta carry that video around his being like Kermit the frog gotta have Miss Piggy going everywhere he goes.

R.Kelly has evolved. do you watch Centric Tv? Kellz in Africa holding the mogtherland down and a special next weekend.take that "L"

Warren Coolidge
Charter member
41996 posts
Mon Feb-06-12 12:11 AM

30. "you seem super desperate maxx...I'm sayin...."
In response to Reply # 16

D' ain't even dropped his album yet and you shook...

mistermaxxx08
16076 posts
Mon Feb-06-12 12:51 AM

31. "more like laughing at cats wishing on a star like its the wonderful"
In response to Reply # 30

world of D'angelo. turkey gonna drop an album and then go back to Mumblo and choke again. i find it funny because he is on tour doing a Relic tour and trying to re create a relic enviroment and he ran to europe because he knew stateside he wasn't ready to be a Warm up act for Chris Brown and you know this.

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132212 posts
Sun Feb-05-12 03:56 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
11. "Correct. he just imitated the D'Angelo video while doing so"
In response to Reply # 1

gstampz
Member since Jan 30th 2012
20 posts
Sun Feb-05-12 10:37 PM

26. "RE: shiiiit...Houston and Kells make the same type of music..."
In response to Reply # 1

Just say R Kelly and D'Angelo are different.. You dont believe yourself he is like Marques Houston.. Kellz is one of the few artists I know that everyone I know likes atleast one song... My Mom and Dad only like old soul Kells is the only artist that I introduced them to where they actually play whole cds of his songs. theres no way they could get into Dangelo, they like Motown type stuff

vee-lover
Member since Jul 30th 2007
20388 posts
Sun Feb-05-12 12:30 PM

2. "you are trying waaay to hard to convince ppl D'angelo is just some"
In response to Reply # 0

run of the mill artist LOL

Marques Houston?!?!? cmon, son!!! that ish was corny when he bit the 'How does it feel' video because it was so blatantly obvious what he was doing LOL.

You need to just get over the fact that R Kelly a.k.a. "the pied pedo" doesn't make interesting music, he can make hit records though but I know no one who listens intently to Kells music because of how sophisticated the arrangement is or how tight the drumming or guitar playing is or anything of the sort, ppl I know who are ardent Kells's fans like his music because its accessible and catchy. Plain and simple, D puts out genre bending music, Kells doesn't, bottom line...

Kells ain't got shit in his resume that can fuck with Brown Sugar or Voodoo...'12 play?' LOL....'trapped in the close?' LOL

I've heard so many of the great and legendary artist single out ONLY D'angelo as carrying the torch for soul music...ranging from BB King, Prince, Babyface, Tom Jones, Raphael Saadiq, Palladino just to name a few...

a few yrs ago, there was a VH1 documentary that traced the history of blk music and it went throught the litany of blk artists who set the standard for future artist to follow after...and in it they talked w/ Quincy Jones and Brian McKnight and both talked abt how there's been a decline in the quality of music, particularly soul music, over the years...

but

BOTH said no matter how barren the landscape is, there's always seems to be one to keep the torch lit...and guess who was the ONLY current artist they mentioned?

and lemme just say it wasn't the artist who has pedophilia proclivities.

grassrootsphilosopher

mistermaxxx08
16076 posts
Sun Feb-05-12 03:27 PM

7. "D'angelo is a R&B Artist just like R.kelly and he can't hang with him"
In response to Reply # 2

D'angelo has some talent, but the what he ain't got is long as well

good mumbler not that deep of a singer

jacks the past and stays in relic land

ain't much of a songwriter

and did Johnny Cochraine represent D'angelo or something? because there sure is a alot of plea coping going on for a turkey who choked a long time ago.

12 play, the self title album by R. Chocolate factory, Happy people,love letter,love land will bury D'angelo in the snow.

he can't see no R.Kelly. R Kelly writes and produces music that covers many themes of R&B and he has evolved as a Artist.

he don't sound like his old New Jack Days.

meanwhile D'angelo stuck in 1986 trying to re create a corny overrated era in Prince Music which back then got looked at hit and miss and Prince himself dissed that era.

poor D'angelo imitation is the most sincere form of flattery well then be a tribute act in vegas.

he is Run of the Mill because he ain't writing no new songs. them turkeys are 2nd tier b sides at best and still nothing tieing it together.

you quoting Quincy Jones? HA HA!!

vee-lover
20388 posts
Sun Feb-05-12 04:06 PM

13. "D'angelo is a multi talented music trendsetter "
In response to Reply # 7

I once heard a saxophonist (can't think of his name) on the Ken Burns jazz documentary say when he and others 1st heard Charlie Parker, they knew this was the direction the music was to go in and that he didn't care if he sounded exactly like Bird because that was his intent.

He went on to say that the measure of any artist is the impact their music has on their contemporaries...now ask yourself...between the "Pied Pedo" and D'angelo, who has had the most imitators?

Honestly, what serious artists past or present can you see a direct Kells influence?

D'angelo was the innovator behind the genre, "neo-soul"...but more importantly, he was the catalyst of r&b/soul artists in the mid 90s coming along and started to incorporate live instrumention driven music again instead of the watered down *souless* music.

And you keep talking abt D'angelo mumbling when he sings...let me just tell you that there was another artist who was famous for "mumbling,"...you might know of him: his name was JAMES BROWN

grassrootsphilosopher

smoothcriminal12
Member since Jan 07th 2012
405 posts
Sun Feb-05-12 04:28 PM

15. "RE: D'angelo is a multi talented music trendsetter "
In response to Reply # 13

>And you keep talking abt D'angelo mumbling when he sings...let
>me just tell you that there was another artist who was famous
>for "mumbling,"...you might know of him: his name was JAMES
>BROWN

damn! He can't say nothing now.

mistermaxxx08
16076 posts
Sun Feb-05-12 04:59 PM

17. "HA HAHA!!!!!!!!!! James Brown is Bill Russell to D'angelo's "

Nispey Russell. R.kelly has influenced and brought back more careers and we ain't even talking about unknown acts and his ownself.

D'angelo and neo SOul was tired and trendy and where is it now?

R.kelly left D'angelo back at the dock.

R.kelly has influenced a whole lot of talented people. peep out Kellz in Africa.

D'angelo still stuck doing oldies but goodies.

vee-lover
20388 posts
Sun Feb-05-12 05:52 PM

18. "I'm not comparing D to the godfather, I'm just stating that you seem"
In response to Reply # 17
Sun Feb-05-12 05:52 PM by vee-lover

to keep knocking D'angelo for his "mumbling" but James Brown seemed to do aight w/his mumbling...and for the record, D'angelo IS a better singer than James Brown.

>Nispey Russell. R.kelly has influenced and brought back more
>careers and we ain't even talking about unknown acts and his
>ownself.

funny you didn't even name ONE...lmao
>
>D'angelo and neo SOul was tired and trendy and where is it
>now?

there's no such thing as being trendy when it comes to quality music which is why ppl have waited all this time for D to drop another record. If D'angelo was simply a trend, then he woulda disappeared w/o anyone noticing...or caring but as we're seeing that's isn't the case. And for the record, many of those same "neo-soul" artist are STILL making great music whether its under the banner of neo-soul or not.

>R.kelly left D'angelo back at the dock.

no one even compares Kells music to D'angelo LOL...and for you to constantly compare and knock D'angelo is proof that deep down you know he's the truth. No one is as preoccupied as you seem to be w/trying to tear down or prove D'angelo isn't as good a artist as Kells when that's not the case at all.
>
>R.kelly has influenced a whole lot of talented people. peep
>out Kellz in Africa.

what artist in Africa did he influence? LOL...Oh, that's right he influenced Femi Kuti didn't he! Can't understand, though, why Femi personally wanted D'angelo and other *respected* artists on his opus to his father, "Red Hot + riot, the spirit of Fela Kuti"...I think Kells couldn't make that trip because he had a court date to answer for being a sexual deviant.
>
>D'angelo still stuck doing oldies but goodies.

as long as they're "goodies," they NEVER get old, that's the beauty of timeless music. Kells, on the other hand, makes A LOT OF DISPOSABLE MUSIC that is very forgettable. You know I'm right.

grassrootsphilosopher

mistermaxxx08
16076 posts
Sun Feb-05-12 08:22 PM

22. "problem for D'angelo is he doesn't have a memorable world wide"
In response to Reply # 18

hit like R.Kelly. so you gotta take a L for that.

Charlie WIlson, Isley Brothers, Michael Jackson,Luther Vandross, Quincy Jones, all got the use of his pen.

Kellz has had his imprint over most of Modern R&B Music for the record.

"U will know" Black Men United guess whose vocal stole the show?

it was ARRUH!! you need to go back and listen and that was back in 94.

ain't nobody sweating a Never was compared to a SuperStar.

R.kelly did "Bad Man" and did D'angelo's thing in his sleep.

wake me up when D'angelo has a Classic that everybody and there great granny knows.

here is how it plays out in real life

One Artist is known for his songs and the other is known for being a Stripper.

Later DAWG!!

gstampz
20 posts
Sun Feb-05-12 10:46 PM

28. "RE: problem for D'angelo is he doesn't have a memorable world wide"
In response to Reply # 22

maxx is saying it in his own way but he is telling the truth about the hits... at the end of the day that is what leaves a legacy, thats why mj, marvin, stevie, etc hold their spots... whether ppl on here like it or not history will most likely be kinder to kellz then most on here probably would like. believe i can fly used to be one of the only songs i would hear at graduations trust me dude is a beast

vee-lover
20388 posts
Mon Feb-06-12 02:40 PM

40. "You could make the same argument abt Erykah or someone like"
Mon Feb-06-12 02:45 PM by vee-lover

Meshell Ndegeocello in comparison to Mary J Blige or Alicia Keys...irrespective of hit records, we know which of the two are the better artists.

Matter of fact, you're the one who recently made the post abt "why didn't Erykah blow up like Mary J?"...and invariably the responses were basically because Erykah didn't have enough "fluff" material in her discography...

BUT

that doesn't mean most thought Mary is a better artist or makes better music. (but Mary mos def has a bigger fanbase, same as Kells)

The same can be said abt Kells and D'angelo

>"U will know" Black Men United guess whose vocal stole the
>show?

Da FOH LMMAO - Uh. YOU KNOW WHO *WROTE* "U WILL KNOW," RIGHT?? I'll move on...
>
>it was ARRUH!! you need to go back and listen and that was
>back in 94.
>
>ain't nobody sweating a Never was compared to a SuperStar.

that's interesting because I keep hearing rave reviews abt his concerts in europe...so somebody must still be "sweatin" him lol...oh and just wait til he drops his cd...
>
>R.kelly did "Bad Man" and did D'angelo's thing in his
>sleep.

yeah. ok. Has R Kelly ever made a "spanish joint" or a "devil's pie?"
>
>wake me up when D'angelo has a Classic that everybody and
>there great granny knows.

my great grannies couldn't name a prince record either so I guess that negates Prince as being a legit artist, too, huh? smh
>
>here is how it plays out in real life
>
>One Artist is known for his songs and the other is known for
>being a Stripper.

I think R Kelly is equally known for being a pedo too...

grassrootsphilosopher

ErnestLee
Member since Mar 03rd 2003
28533 posts
Wed Feb-08-12 10:00 AM

54. "And guess who wrote it?"

>
>"U will know" Black Men United guess whose vocal stole the
>show?
>

---------------------------------------------------------

mistermaxxx08
16076 posts
Wed Feb-08-12 10:33 PM

56. "i know who wrote the song, but guess who stole it vocally?"
In response to Reply # 54

nobody talks about who wrote it, but they remember ARRUH Sanging it while Mumblo was all quiet in the mix as usual.

Kellz and Brian Mcknight stood out.then stokley.

Ashley Ayers
Member since Dec 12th 2009
12331 posts
Mon Feb-06-12 12:50 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
37. "Ok this is pure bullshit."
In response to Reply # 18

>D'angelo IS a better singer than James Brown.

Please don't ever say that again. You're making some good points in
here, but :/ CMONSON. D'angelo couldn't sing "Bewildered" like James
if he was off the best drugs on the street.

Mr.Ouija
Member since Sep 26th 2011
435 posts
Sun Feb-05-12 07:54 PM

20. "I thought you was smart, but the more you type on this topic"
Sun Feb-05-12 07:56 PM by Mr.Ouija

you one big biased dummy

>I once heard a saxophonist (can't think of his name) on the
>Ken Burns jazz documentary say when he and others 1st heard
>Charlie Parker, they knew this was the direction the music was
>to go in and that he didn't care if he sounded exactly like
>Bird because that was his intent.
>
>He went on to say that the measure of any artist is the impact
>their music has on their contemporaries...now ask
>yourself...between the "Pied Pedo" and D'angelo, who has had
>the most imitators?
>
>Honestly, what serious artists past or present can you see a
>direct Kells influence?
>
>D'angelo was the innovator behind the genre, "neo-soul"...but
>more importantly, he was the catalyst of r&b/soul artists in
>the mid 90s coming along and started to incorporate live
>instrumention driven music again instead of the watered down
>*souless* music.
>
>And you keep talking abt D'angelo mumbling when he sings...let
>me just tell you that there was another artist who was famous
>for "mumbling,"...you might know of him: his name was JAMES
>BROWN

gstampz
20 posts
Sun Feb-05-12 10:35 PM

24. "RE: D'angelo is a multi talented music trendsetter "

Im new to this site i used to b under a nother name but cant retrieve old password..

but come now? R Kelly has influenced none? Trey Songs, Dream, Chris Brown to name a few that was real flimsy

gstampz
20 posts
Sun Feb-05-12 10:35 PM

25. "RE: D'angelo is a multi talented music trendsetter "

Im new to this site i used to b under a nother name but cant retrieve old password..

but come now? R Kelly has influenced none? Trey Songs, Dream, Chris Brown to name a few that was real flimsy

gstampz
20 posts
Sun Feb-05-12 10:42 PM

27. "RE: you are trying waaay to hard to convince ppl D'angelo is just some"
In response to Reply # 2

>
>You need to just get over the fact that R Kelly a.k.a. "the
>pied pedo" doesn't make interesting music, he can make hit
>records though but I know no one who listens intently to Kells
>music because of how sophisticated the arrangement is or how
>tight the drumming or guitar playing is or anything of the
>sort, ppl I know who are ardent Kells's fans like his music
>because its accessible and catchy. Plain and simple, D puts
>out genre bending music, Kells doesn't, bottom line...

Come on now plenty of ppl listen to his music.

>
>Kells ain't got shit in his resume that can fuck with Brown
>Sugar or Voodoo...'12 play?' LOL....'trapped in the close?'
>LOL

Thats all opinion ..12 play is considered a classic why the sarcasm?

>
>I've heard so many of the great and legendary artist single
>out ONLY D'angelo as carrying the torch for soul
>music...ranging from BB King, Prince, Babyface, Tom Jones,
>Raphael Saadiq, Palladino just to name a few...

D does carry the torch but come now Kellz does too he is great at doing soul music.. Aretha just raved about him last year

>
>a few yrs ago, there was a VH1 documentary that traced the
>history of blk music and it went throught the litany of blk
>artists who set the standard for future artist to follow
>after...and in it they talked w/ Quincy Jones and Brian
>McKnight and both talked abt how there's been a decline in the
>quality of music, particularly soul music, over the years...
>
>but
>
>BOTH said no matter how barren the landscape is, there's
>always seems to be one to keep the torch lit...and guess who
>was the ONLY current artist they mentioned?
>
>and lemme just say it wasn't the artist who has pedophilia
>proclivities.

That was nice of them I'm sure if someone had brought up Kellz name they would have complimented him too

mwasi kitoko
Member since Jul 15th 2007
60768 posts
Sun Feb-05-12 12:44 PM

3. "negro please."
In response to Reply # 0

www.royallegacy.org
http://therapfest.com/up-next-artists/

Heinz
Member since Dec 26th 2003
20756 posts
Sun Feb-05-12 01:09 PM

4. "Bitchez Be Trollin."
In response to Reply # 0

Juicy J.

Pete Burns
Member since Oct 18th 2005
5445 posts
Sun Feb-05-12 03:30 PM

8. "So, which artist is going piss on a young girl ?"
In response to Reply # 0

..Or is that too hard ?

Just wondering.

What the blood claaat ???

murph71
Member since Sep 15th 2005
23113 posts
Sun Feb-05-12 03:33 PM

9. "RE: Marques Houston Made D'angelo come off simple"
In response to Reply # 0

smh....

GOAT of his era......long live Prince.....God is alive....

Record Playa
Member since Apr 29th 2007
2925 posts
Sun Feb-05-12 03:47 PM

10. "Marques Houston?? LOL!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Tilt - Arcade Funk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPtLcEoyxKY

soulfunk
Charter member
10988 posts
Sun Feb-05-12 04:15 PM

14. "A+ trolling, would read again..."
In response to Reply # 0

Mr.Ouija
Member since Sep 26th 2011
435 posts
Sun Feb-05-12 07:50 PM

19. "D'angelo is the Harold Miner of the small R&B box he is limited to."
In response to Reply # 0

I see folks copping pleas for D'angelo and getting butt hurt over a two song wonder
D'angelo is limited as an artist, and his current show has vegas revival feel to it, same exact things yall jump other artist for, yet jump D'angelo yall get butt hurt

mistermaxxx08
16076 posts
Sun Feb-05-12 08:24 PM

23. "RE: D'angelo is the Harold Miner of the small R&B box he is limited to."
In response to Reply # 19

co sign one dunk winning contest and back to being a warm up act for Wayne Newton.

they madd because Marques Houston who is a 4th tier act at best, did a D'angelo take and showed you how simple it was.

and watching D'angelo playing an oldies bu goodies show and trying to re capture another time period has "the five heartbeats" written all over it in 2012.

-DJ R-Tistic-
Member since Nov 06th 2008
51981 posts
Sun Feb-05-12 08:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
21. "You can have the silliest agendas ever. Munchies > Devil's pie, huh?"
In response to Reply # 0

------------------------------

50+ FREE Mixes on www.DJR-Tistic.com!

Twitter and Instagram - @DJ_RTistic

rdhull
Charter member
33109 posts
Mon Feb-06-12 12:08 AM

29. "do you have aspergers?"
In response to Reply # 0

---------------------------------
'I love to watch him dance. It's almost like watching a cat clean itself or something.'(c) Drugs regarding Prince

mistermaxxx08
16076 posts
Mon Feb-06-12 12:53 AM

32. "naw I eat turkey Burgers"
In response to Reply # 29

and what does burgers have to do with this topic?

Dr Claw
132212 posts
Mon Feb-06-12 12:05 PM

35. "cmon b"
In response to Reply # 29

ninjitsu
Member since Oct 07th 2011
4151 posts
Wed Feb-08-12 01:48 AM

52. "<shrug>"
In response to Reply # 35

i mean, is that even an unfair question?

justin_scott
Charter member
19861 posts
Mon Feb-06-12 01:07 AM

33. "Naked, the song and album NEVER went gold."
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Feb-06-12 01:12 AM by justin_scott

marques houston has never gone gold or platinum with ANYTHING solo...

d'angelo has 2 platinum albums, a gold single, a #1 release, and actual fucking talent.

mistermaxxx08
16076 posts
Mon Feb-06-12 01:36 AM

34. "that album did get certified gold"
In response to Reply # 33

it got a whole lot of play when it dropped. bottom line he took a concept and ran with it and showed you all you had to do and he is a lightweight R&B act but still.

micMajestic
Charter member
22938 posts
Mon Feb-06-12 12:08 PM

36. "It was only getting major burn on BET, the same station that backed B2K"
In response to Reply # 34

>it got a whole lot of play when it dropped. bottom line he
>took a concept and ran with it and showed you all you had to
>do and he is a lightweight R&B act but still.
>
>

justin_scott
Charter member
19861 posts
Mon Feb-06-12 06:56 PM

43. "NO. it sold 300,000."

mistermaxxx08
16076 posts
Mon Feb-06-12 09:06 PM

45. "they said gold on 106 and park back when i use to watch the network"
In response to Reply # 43

i took there word for it and Marquez had a plaque in his hand.

don't be made because he showed you how easy it is to do D'angelo's career.

justin_scott
Charter member
19861 posts
Tue Feb-07-12 08:24 PM

49. "500,000 SHIPPED gets you a gold plaque"
In response to Reply # 45
Tue Feb-07-12 08:26 PM by justin_scott

not the same as sold. geez.

in order to make d'angelo's career look easy, houston would have to match it first. he couldn't even match ONE SONG, even though he blatantly bit the song. oh, and his version was wack.

mistermaxxx08
16076 posts
Wed Feb-08-12 12:20 AM

50. "Marquez had a career post "untitled" and made movies and tv shows"
In response to Reply # 49

while D'angelo was eating cupcakes pointing to the tv set saying hey, that's the cat who stole my routine and is blowing up.

Marquez not only did he do a film called "you got served" but he served D'angelo on his own video and concept. ya'll still madd??

justin_scott
Charter member
19861 posts
Wed Feb-08-12 01:45 AM

51. "been on tv since 1992. him horribly biting d didnt land him movie roles"
In response to Reply # 50
Wed Feb-08-12 01:46 AM by justin_scott

He better get roles.

Lol @ you bringing up stuff that has nothing to do with him not selling records or Naked not selling or going anywhere after he tried to pull a d'angelo and failed horribly.

mistermaxxx08
16076 posts
Wed Feb-08-12 04:00 AM

53. "oh, but it did have folks talking from the 106 and park crowd"
In response to Reply # 51

you see it made Marquez have a little bit of a run there for a minute. he went gold and was certifed but i forgot you were maddd because Chris Stokes wouldn't sign you, you must be a reject B2k wanna be member to dispute the numbers and also to question things?

justin_scott
Charter member
19861 posts
Wed Feb-08-12 10:44 AM

55. "too bad the 106 crowd didnt BUY the album"
In response to Reply # 53

Cause 300,000 is not gold. 500,000 shipped isn't anywhere on par with 1,000,000 sold. I already ended this post. Have fun being mad and wrong.

mistermaxxx08
16076 posts
Wed Feb-08-12 10:35 PM

57. "you sure Chris Stokes didn't turn your contract down?"
In response to Reply # 55

you Sho is taken it pretty madd over this. i mean the album was certified gold regardless and technically in the industry if a Album sells at least 250,000 copies that gets an Artist a Gold Plaque and i have seen this before. numbers get rounded up so lets say we are both right.

justin_scott
Charter member
19861 posts
Mon Feb-06-12 06:57 PM

44. "RE: that album did get certified gold"
Mon Feb-06-12 06:58 PM by justin_scott

>it got a whole lot of play when it dropped. bottom line he
>took a concept and ran with it and showed you all you had to
>do and he is a lightweight R&B act but still.
>
>

lol at you admitting you are wrong without being a man and saying "okay, i was wrong." first it was "he went gold," now it's " bottom line he took a concept and ran with it..." too bad he only ran a block...and d'angelo ran a marathon.

CMcMurtry
Member since Nov 28th 2002
17053 posts
Mon Feb-06-12 02:00 PM

38. "mistermaxxx next week: Houston was better than D'Angelo"
In response to Reply # 0

Why are you so determined to prove to everyone that D'Angelo ain't all that? All due respect Maxx, it feels like you have an agenda and are going to ridiculous lengths.

You like R. Kelly more. Cool. A lot of people do.

But there is a reason why, 10 years later, people still clamour for anything D'Angelo related? Are they ALL brainwashed lemmings who have fallen for the okey dokey?

AFKAP_of_Darkness
Charter member
84244 posts
Mon Feb-06-12 02:31 PM

39. "Eye like that (c)"
In response to Reply # 38

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/287/6/c/the_wire_lineup__huge_download_by_dennisculver-d30s7vl.jpg
The man who thinks at 50 the same way he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life - Muhammed Ali

Dr Claw
132212 posts
Mon Feb-06-12 03:53 PM

41. "Maxxx: D'Mumblo :: Me : Eli Manning"

it's cool

mistermaxxx08
16076 posts
Mon Feb-06-12 09:13 PM

47. "oh man Eli Manning is one Lucky Elite White boy"
In response to Reply # 41

and he knows it. only the giants can fumble 3 times 3 different ways and get the ball back.

tired of that Elmur Fudd looking turkey. yeah i wanted Brady and the patriots to win. AFC came up short.

mistermaxxx08
16076 posts
Mon Feb-06-12 09:11 PM

46. "the turkey is a young who just bites and has nothing original"

AND all these haters who got on Kellz for when he started said he jacked Aaron Hall well whose career lasted longer and still thrives? you see Kellz left Aaron, teddy and new jack swing a long long time ago. meanwhile D'angelo stuck in a time warp trying to bring back a not necessary interesting time in Prince's music IMO back to life and getting a pass because he is a really good keyboard player, hit and miss singer, and a spinal tap Guitar player.

turkey ain't much of a songwriter and he must think he has inhailed roy ayers ability to ride a groove and vamp for minutes on end or something??

naw the turkey choked and froze and he is putting out a tour acting is if its cool for a part 2 of the same exact thing and no new growth at all.

truth is D'angelo would have been better off as a broke Johnny Gill clone than trying to chase and be something that just ain't a good look musically and he is just a vegas warmp up act at best.

Warren Coolidge
Charter member
41996 posts
Mon Feb-06-12 05:23 PM

42. "Maxx...where is your post promoting R. Kelly's love letters concert"
In response to Reply # 0

broadcast that's coming on 2/11???

interesting that you aren't promoting your boy having a nationally televised concert...yet going behind people critiquing them over cell phone videos of D' in concert on the other side of the planet..

here...I'll help you out.

R. KELLY’S LOVE LETTER CONCERT – Premieres Saturday, February 11 at 10:00 p.m.* on CENTRIC. The Love Letter Concert is your front row ticket to R. Kelly‘s 2011 U.S. tour named for his Grammy-nominated album Love Letter. Filmed live in Raleigh, NC and Columbus, OH, R. Kelly never disappoints, delivering hit after hit, from a hopping rendition of “Ignition (Remix)” to his show-stopping performance of “When A Woman Loves.” The Love Letter Tour has something for everyone–longtime fans and casual listeners alike–and as R. Kelly moves effortlessly through his catalogue, he reminds us of his impact on music over the last two decades.

mistermaxxx08
16076 posts
Mon Feb-06-12 09:16 PM

48. "because Kellz did that tour and the sam cooke show all last year"
In response to Reply # 42

the sam cooke show at his crib wipes the floor on d'angelo and badly.

Kellz in his crib went old school and showed you how it is done.

Mumblo had to go behind Kellz going vintage, then he would go back and hide at Betty ford's and not come out maybe ever.

that is a whole year back. Kellz did the thing.

Lobby The Lesson topic #2658113 Previous topic | Next topic