Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2657749

Subject: "Dogfish Head and Dan the Automator collaborate on Deltron-themed brew" Previous topic | Next topic
fANTOM
Member since Feb 01st 2005
79 posts
Fri Feb-03-12 06:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Dogfish Head and Dan the Automator collaborate on Deltron-themed brew"
Fri Feb-03-12 06:06 PM by fANTOM

http://www.dogfish.com/community/news/press-releases/positive-contact-a-collision-of-hip-hop-beer-cider-and-culinary-exploration.htm

Dogfish Head Craft Brewery and Deltron 3030's Dan the Automator have teamed up to create Positive Contact, a hybrid of beer and cider based on Dan's favorite ingredients and Dogfish Head's innovative brewing practices.

Deltron 3030 is an adventurous hip-hop collaboration between Dan and Del the Funkee Homosapien. Deltron's self-titled debut album, released in 2000, was an instant classic and is included on many hip-hop best-of lists. It got an 8/10 rating on NME, which called it "a crazed sci-fi journey to Planet B.S. that takes myriad detours around the galaxy. The most purely enjoyable hip-hop album of 2000."

Over a decade in the making, the new Deltron 3030 album is set to drop this spring, and Positive Contact was brewed to celebrate the release.

Named after a key track on the first album, Positive Contact is a 9% ABV hybrid of beer and cider brewed with wood-pressed Fuji apples, roasted farro, a handful of cayenne peppers and a late dose of fresh cilantro. This sweet-and-sour Belgian-ish brew is a light straw color with fruity, cider-like notes. The cayenne and alcohol give it a warming finish.

The beer will be released in a dynamic box set of six 750-ml champagne bottles, with a 10-inch vinyl EP of four new Deltron 3030 remixes created exclusively for this project, and a list of Deltron 3030-inspired recipes from a small group of renowned chefs (see below). Invite some friends over, rock the album, drink the beer and whip up a multi-course meal. It's a house party in a box.

Positive Contact box sets will be released in May throughout Dogfish Head's distribution network, in accordance with local and state laws. Stay tuned.

For more information on the beer Positive Contact, contact Sam Calagione at sam@dogfish.com. For more information on Deltron 3030, contact Toni Isabella at peafacegirl@yahoo.com.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
where are you lonedsome_d?
Feb 03rd 2012
sorry, I was off drinking homebrew*
Feb 06th 2012
Wow, that's random as fuck
Feb 03rd 2012
No kidding. Mario Batali?
Feb 06th 2012
for more information on Deltron3030...
Feb 06th 2012
i couldn't resist emailing
Feb 06th 2012
crazy random...but i fuck with DFH and deltron3030.
Feb 06th 2012

Ghetto Black
Member since Dec 24th 2004
10172 posts
Fri Feb-03-12 06:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "where are you lonedsome_d?"
In response to Reply # 0

lonesome_d
Charter member
30443 posts
Mon Feb-06-12 10:19 AM

3. "sorry, I was off drinking homebrew*"
In response to Reply # 1

curious if you tried any of my recommendations though!

*(not entirely true; this wkd. I had quite a few DFH 90 Minute IPAs as well as sampling I think 7 of my different homebrews for friends. Our host put on some Johnny Denver and some Linda Ronstadt and at one point was rocking Doobie Bros. Greatest Hits.)

-------
so I'm in a band now:
album ---> http://greenwoodburns.bandcamp.com/releases
Soundcloud ---> http://soundcloud.com/greenwood-burns

my own stuff -->http://soundcloud.com/lonesomedstringband

avy by buckshot_defunct

Adwhizz
Member since Nov 12th 2003
40926 posts
Fri Feb-03-12 07:01 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Wow, that's random as fuck"
In response to Reply # 0

but I want some

R.I.P. Loud But Wrong Guy
Dec 29th 2009 - Dec 17th 2017

Frank Mackey
Member since May 23rd 2006
2903 posts
Mon Feb-06-12 03:02 PM

6. "No kidding. Mario Batali?"
In response to Reply # 2

DunDaDa
Charter member
7411 posts
Mon Feb-06-12 10:23 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "for more information on Deltron3030..."
In response to Reply # 0

lol

----------------------------------------------------------------
respect the gift.

howisya
Member since Nov 09th 2002
39983 posts
Mon Feb-06-12 01:29 PM

5. "i couldn't resist emailing"
In response to Reply # 4

i actually just got some info from her on the album and other upcoming automator projects, but just very minor details

k0la
Member since Jan 04th 2004
1353 posts
Mon Feb-06-12 06:04 PM

7. "crazy random...but i fuck with DFH and deltron3030."
In response to Reply # 0

hopefully this stuff is good. i like cider...never thought it about mixing it with beer. '

wasn't there supposed to be another deltron album some time?

Lobby The Lesson topic #2657749 Previous topic | Next topic