Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2643731

Subject: "Sharing A Piece I Did In Rebuttal To Toure's "White Female Rapper" NYT P..." Previous topic | Next topic
Mash_Comp
Member since Jul 07th 2003
66714 posts
Wed Dec-28-11 11:26 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Sharing A Piece I Did In Rebuttal To Toure's "White Female Rapper" NYT P..."

http://hiphopwired.com/2011/12/27/is-hip-hops-masculinity-being-challenged-by-white-girls/

Comment, share, retweet, tear it down, discuss. Whatever you do, click that link for your bro. Thanks.

Peace

www.dumhi.com -- We are ALL dumhi

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Good Article and to the point...
Dec 28th 2011
Aight chop it up on this paragraph
Dec 28th 2011
RE: Aight chop it up on this paragraph
Dec 28th 2011
mods... dts.
Dec 28th 2011
yeah bro, I totally love cheese
Dec 29th 2011
RE: Sharing A Piece I Did In Rebuttal To Toure's "White Female Rapper" N...
Dec 29th 2011
thanks, my man!
Dec 30th 2011

boyd
Member since May 15th 2006
7654 posts
Wed Dec-28-11 11:57 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Good Article and to the point..."
In response to Reply # 0

toure writes as he speaks aloud, without thinking and
a fully developed thought.

imcvspl
Member since Mar 07th 2005
42239 posts
Wed Dec-28-11 12:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Aight chop it up on this paragraph"
In response to Reply # 0

"The story simply chooses to ignore the truth that timing, image, management and an ability to generate buzz in varying mediums are just as important as rap ability in these times where blog hits determine a rapper's worth as much as sales. Odd Future's (and Drake before them) well-documented rise to notoriety happened by way of social media savvy and a flood of critically lauded releases via various top Rap blogs. Neither Tyler's nor Drake's respective paths to fame were the byproducts of being reared in inner city environs.'

It's so fucking interesting to me that this paragraph says nothing about talent, skill, ability. Instead you've used 'inner city environs' as the elder fundamental which has been replaced by media buzz. In other words 'inner city environs' have replaced skills.

Discuss.

PS I'm DAing!!!
________
Big PEMFin H & z's
█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
http://concretesoundsystem.com
Mo'Nium - http://monium.tumblr.com/

"When the music stops he falls back into this abyss."

Mash_Comp
66714 posts
Wed Dec-28-11 01:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "RE: Aight chop it up on this paragraph"
In response to Reply # 2

"are just as important as rap ability" -- and further, I say "in these times". Now, my point was to decry Toure's ham-handed statement that Hip Hop's "snarl" so to speak and edge is borne of urban influence and the like. He doesn't even credit or even attempt to acknowledge the flip side.

Now I can see if he was taking a historian's angle, but he wasn't. He was speaking of the now -- he was focusing his analysis of what Rap is made of from what he thinks he currently knows.

david bammer
Member since Jun 20th 2010
4467 posts
Wed Dec-28-11 06:50 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "mods... dts."
In response to Reply # 0

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2620434&mesg_id=2620434

Mash_Comp
66714 posts
Thu Dec-29-11 08:37 AM

5. "yeah bro, I totally love cheese"
In response to Reply # 4

I went to Wisconsin once, had a blast. You gotta go soon.

The3rdOne
Charter member
9105 posts
Thu Dec-29-11 01:42 PM

6. "RE: Sharing A Piece I Did In Rebuttal To Toure's "White Female Rapper" N..."
In response to Reply # 0

Dope article bro...

Mash_Comp
66714 posts
Fri Dec-30-11 09:47 AM

7. "thanks, my man!"
In response to Reply # 6

Lobby The Lesson topic #2643731 Previous topic | Next topic