Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2756633

Subject: "This new Master P song (Louie Sheets) is...kinda hot? Really? Really" Previous topic | Next topic
bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Fri Nov-16-12 09:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"This new Master P song (Louie Sheets) is...kinda hot? Really? Really"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SquEQrf4e2o&feature=youtu.be

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.” (c) The God

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
My dude Problem is alllllll over the place now
Nov 16th 2012
change the name of the song to Ass Cheeks.
Nov 16th 2012
you raise an interesting point even if half of the folks in here
Nov 17th 2012
Master P, FAt Trel and Alley Boy a group now
Nov 16th 2012
Is it just me or is P chanelling the spirit of Rick Ross
Nov 16th 2012
Wonder who he stole the beat from nm
Nov 17th 2012
Kanye needs to do a song with him and Juvie.
Nov 17th 2012
Juvie & Mystikal with Mannie Fresh on the boards for an album
Nov 17th 2012

-DJ R-Tistic-
Member since Nov 06th 2008
51986 posts
Fri Nov-16-12 09:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "My dude Problem is alllllll over the place now"
In response to Reply # 0

------------------------------

50+ FREE Mixes on www.DJR-Tistic.com!

Twitter and Instagram - @DJ_RTistic

Binlahab
Charter member
182954 posts
Fri Nov-16-12 10:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "change the name of the song to Ass Cheeks."
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Nov-16-12 10:04 PM by Binlahab

this is garbage.

& just to show this isnt blind hate, allow me to introduce you to trinidad james ie some shit that sounds good & still just as hyper ignant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUc-u8fyNyo

do or die

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Sat Nov-17-12 08:07 AM

8. "you raise an interesting point even if half of the folks in here"
In response to Reply # 2

clowning Shells were probably buying Silk, C-Murder & P albums back in the day claiming they were good.

(note: Mystikal, Young Bleed, Fiend & Mia excepted as well as some of the trademark cuts like Bout It of course).

But anyway, back to this new P. It's funny to me that we've reached a period where Master P is too straight-ahead and 'rappity' to compete with the unabashed inarticulate sing-song-chants of some of these young cats doing it today like your example reminded me of.

P actually slightly enunciating & dividing a song up between hooks/verses doesn't have the impact that a mush-mouthed zombie-chant of something like 'Love Sosa' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyHZNBz6FE where you're not sure if *rapping* every really starts, at least in the sense we grew up on & became accustomed to over the years.

A joint like that as ridiculous as I thought it was when I first heard it hits on a base-lowest-common-denominator level that Dancing With The Stars P can't reach at this point.

And if P can't hit you in that primordially ignorant level than he doesn't really have a place in this landscape, because he's definitely never been able to spit for real or touch on something you hadn't heard done better elsewhere.

As for B's song in the subject, to me it wasn't really any worse than a lot of the bullshit he made back then but unlike 'Love Sosa' it won't creep into my head against my will later.

Menphyel7
Charter member
36436 posts
Fri Nov-16-12 11:14 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "Master P, FAt Trel and Alley Boy a group now"
In response to Reply # 0

http://twitter.com/Menphyel7

"F you Im better in tune with the Infinite"

Adwhizz
Member since Nov 12th 2003
40961 posts
Fri Nov-16-12 11:34 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "Is it just me or is P chanelling the spirit of Rick Ross"
In response to Reply # 0

?

R.I.P. Loud But Wrong Guy
Dec 29th 2009 - Dec 17th 2017

ZooTown74
Member since May 29th 2002
43582 posts
Sat Nov-17-12 12:04 AM

5. "Wonder who he stole the beat from nm"
In response to Reply # 0

Oh, and this shit's terrible

Teknontheou
Charter member
32711 posts
Sat Nov-17-12 07:17 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "Kanye needs to do a song with him and Juvie."
In response to Reply # 0

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Sat Nov-17-12 07:44 AM

7. "Juvie & Mystikal with Mannie Fresh on the boards for an album"
In response to Reply # 6

Mia X & P each get a feature, Weezy can get on as long as he submits to the sound & stops with the corny shit for a minute, then at some point you have 'Mef vs Chef'/'Big Daddy vs Dolemite'/'Cube vs Yo-Yo' back-and-forth concept-battle-record over prison phone line recordings between B.G. & C-Murder where they brag on who's done more stupid shit.

Lobby The Lesson topic #2756633 Previous topic | Next topic